Experience of Viewers on Microsoft Surface Pro?

Experience of Viewers on Microsoft Surface Pro?

aiaustin
Does anyone have experience of using a viewer like Firestorm on the
Microsoft Surface Pro (i5 processor, 4GB of memory and inbuilt Intel
HD Graphics 4000)  on the assumption I will add a cover with keyboard
and attach a mouse for the usual interaction when I want to run
Second Life or OpenSim while travelling, and I appreciate that the
graphics level will have to be way less than my usual desktop and
Nvidia card.  But basically does it run?

Re: Experience of Viewers on Microsoft Surface Pro?

Dr Ramesh Ramloll
Hi Ai,
Someone a while back informed me that Viewers run with around 15 FPS
without shadows and other graphics goodies turned off.
Ramesh

On Sat, Jun 29, 2013 at 9:11 AM, Ai Austin <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Does anyone have experience of using a viewer like Firestorm on the
> Microsoft Surface Pro (i5 processor, 4GB of memory and inbuilt Intel HD
> Graphics 4000)  on the assumption I will add a cover with keyboard and
> attach a mouse for the usual interaction when I want to run Second Life or
> OpenSim while travelling, and I appreciate that the graphics level will have
> to be way less than my usual desktop and Nvidia card.  But basically does it
> run?

Rameshsharma Ramloll PhD, CEO CTO DeepSemaphore LLC, Affiliate
Research Associate Professor, Idaho State University, Pocatello, ID
83209 Tel: 208-240-0040
Blog, LinkedIn, DeepSemaphore LLC, Google+ profile

Re: Experience of Viewers on Microsoft Surface Pro?

Dr Ramesh Ramloll
oh dear, I always do this. Click on send and then read what I typed.
This is what I meant ...

Someone a while back informed me that Viewers can run at around 15 FPS
on SurfacePro
with shadows and other graphics goodies turned off.

Ramesh