Expiration Parameter

lppallew
Does anyone know if there is a way to set a parameter to reset a region back to original settings after a given period of time?

I have a demo region that I would like people to visit and practice building, kind of like a sandbox, but I don't want them living there. lol

The script or parameter would need to know how long the person was there and after, say 10 minutes, restart the region.  Only one person at a time will be allowed on the demo sim, so keeping track of multiple avatar times and objects is not a problem.

Thank you in advance,
Wayne

Re: Expiration Parameter

j_jamesk

Wayne

Am not sure if this works in Opensim but couldn’t you use the “autoreturn other residents’ objects” after X minutes?  This would return all items that are not owned by the land owner.

James

Re: Expiration Parameter

lppallew

Hi James,
I didn't know of that command.
Where can I find that?

On Sep 17, 2011 1:59 PM, "James" <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Wayne
>

> Am not sure if this works in Opensim but couldn't you use the "autoreturn
> other residents' objects" after X minutes? This would return all items that
> are not owned by the land owner.
>

> James
>

> _____

Re: Expiration Parameter

Fleep Tuque
If you right click on the land parcel to bring up the "About Land" menu, it should be on the About Land > Objects tab of whichever viewer you're using.  I haven't tested to see if this actually works in opensim, though, would be good to know if it does or not!

- Chris/Fleep

Chris M. Collins (SL: Fleep Tuque)
Project Manager, UC Second Life
UCit Instructional & Research Computing
University of Cincinnati
406E Zimmer Hall
PO Box 210088
Cincinnati, OH 45221-0088
(513)556-3018

http://www.uc.edu/ucit/learningtools/secondlife.html

On Sat, Sep 17, 2011 at 2:26 PM, Wayne <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hi James,
I didn't know of that command.
Where can I find that?

On Sep 17, 2011 1:59 PM, "James" <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Wayne
>

> Am not sure if this works in Opensim but couldn't you use the "autoreturn
> other residents' objects" after X minutes? This would return all items that
> are not owned by the land owner.
>

> James
>

> _____

Re: Expiration Parameter

lppallew

Found it.
I think that may work.
Thank you very much.
Wayne

On Sep 17, 2011 3:07 PM, "Fleep Tuque" <[hidden email]> wrote:
> If you right click on the land parcel to bring up the "About Land" menu, it
> should be on the About Land > Objects tab of whichever viewer you're using.
> I haven't tested to see if this actually works in opensim, though, would be
> good to know if it does or not!
>
> - Chris/Fleep
>

> Chris M. Collins (SL: Fleep Tuque)
> Project Manager, UC Second Life
> UCit Instructional & Research Computing
> University of Cincinnati
> 406E Zimmer Hall
> PO Box 210088
> Cincinnati, OH 45221-0088
> (513)556-3018
> [hidden email]
>
> http://www.uc.edu/ucit/learningtools/secondlife.html
>
> On Sat, Sep 17, 2011 at 2:26 PM, Wayne <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> Hi James,
>> I didn't know of that command.
>> Where can I find that?
>> On Sep 17, 2011 1:59 PM, "James" <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> > Wayne
>> >

>> > Am not sure if this works in Opensim but couldn't you use the "autoreturn
>> > other residents' objects" after X minutes? This would return all items
>> that
>> > are not owned by the land owner.
>> >

>> > James
>> >

>> > _____

Re: Expiration Parameter

Karen Palen
Yes I have used it and it DOES work just fine!

The only question I have is what if the visitor modifies existing objects?

If that is not permitted then it looks like you have a workable solution.

On 09/17/2011 12:07 PM, Fleep Tuque wrote:

> If you right click on the land parcel to bring up the "About Land" menu, it
> should be on the About Land > Objects tab of whichever viewer you're using.
>  I haven't tested to see if this actually works in opensim, though, would be
> good to know if it does or not!
>
> - Chris/Fleep
>

> Chris M. Collins (SL: Fleep Tuque)
> Project Manager, UC Second Life
> UCit Instructional & Research Computing
> University of Cincinnati
> 406E Zimmer Hall
> PO Box 210088
> Cincinnati, OH 45221-0088
> (513)556-3018
> [hidden email]
>
> http://www.uc.edu/ucit/learningtools/secondlife.html
>
> On Sat, Sep 17, 2011 at 2:26 PM, Wayne <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> Hi James,
>> I didn't know of that command.
>> Where can I find that?
>>  On Sep 17, 2011 1:59 PM, "James" <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>> Wayne
>>>

>>> Am not sure if this works in Opensim but couldn't you use the "autoreturn
>>> other residents' objects" after X minutes? This would return all items
>> that
>>> are not owned by the land owner.
>>>

>>> James
>>>

>>> _____

Re: Expiration Parameter

lppallew

Hi Karen, thanks for your input.

This is just an educational region for people to see and try opensim.

The region is empty and they can keep whatever they make. There are no existing objects and I want it cleared after each person is done.

If they like what they see, I will gladly set them up on their on private region.