FREESWITCH Is turning me into a screaming swearing moron.

FREESWITCH Is turning me into a screaming swearing moron.

InuYasha Meiji
I have been spending several days starting and stoping both FREESWITCH and my running OPENSIM 0.7.0.2 Grid, after making changes to all those ini and XML files, trying to find what I have done wrong.

After days of cursing like a sailor, and invoking the names of several possible gods (snicker), I am sure now, that if there is a bad place to go when I die, it is just waiting for me.  And it will be much like this.  I will be sent to a place where I will spend eternity trying to install FREESWITCH.  I think I will take a long needed break from it, at least until a more comprehensive tutorial, or Opensim at least gets to version 0.7.1 and hope it gets a little easier.

Thanks for listening to my little rant.
I really hope someone else figures it out.

john felipe urrego mejia compiled a Windows 7 64 bit version of the Freeswitch code, I used the Opensim Module Site At Opensim.org at http://opensimulator.org/wiki/Freeswitch_Module

Also found a youtube Video at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7k_xQQOcYDk called

Setup Freeswitch for OpenSim on Windows

Still I can't get voice to work.

Thanks everyone who has tried to help me.  I guess I am just being stupid, and don't completely  understand.
InuYasha

Re: FREESWITCH Is turning me into a screaming swearing moron.

Pedro Rocha

Hi  john felipe

Could you point out what is troubling you , im working on freeswitch and module atm , I have it working for parcel voice , if you want we could troubleshoot it toghether ,

what is stalling you  ???

Re: FREESWITCH Is turning me into a screaming swearing moron.

Robert Klein
Inu we have all felt your pain and as I said in a previous post Freeswitch needs to come with a warning sticker requiring the user to have a current prescription for happy pills and then number of a suicide hotline available. The best advice I can give you or anyone attempting to harness this beast is go to http://opensim-users.2152040.n2.nabble.com/ and do a search on Freeswitch to see what we have all been going through.

Good luck,

-Robert