Farewell and thanks

Dahlia Trimble
I am sad to announce that I will be leaving OpenSimulator Core. I've been finding lately that I no longer have a use for this type of software and I don't have the time to contribute at the level that I'd like. I know that many users and several of the current Core members have a lot of ideas for the direction they would like to take this software in the future and I don't really want to influence them when I am not planning to continue as a user or developer. Therefore I will be relinquishing my commit access and moving on.

I wish to extend my gratitude to the community for their support of me and my development efforts to date, and to the fine group of users and developers I've had the chance to get to know and work with over the last 8 years. This time spent has been a significant experience in my life and I have developed many friendships and I've learned much about open source and open development during this time. I can only hope that being a part of this community will benefit some of you as much as it has benefited me. I have much faith that this community and this software are destined for greater things in the future.

Best wishes to you all!
-dahlia

Re: Farewell and thanks

Chris M
On 9/5/2015 4:48 AM, Dahlia Trimble wrote:
[...]

So sorry to hear that you're leaving Dahlia. Thank you for your contributions and time to OpenSim; and best of luck and wishes to you in your new endeavors! :)
--
OpenSim: 10 Region Standalone on 0.8.1 Dev
Physics: Open Dynamics Engine

Re: Farewell and thanks

Opensimfan

We will miss you :)

On 9/5/2015 4:48 AM, Dahlia Trimble wrote:

>> I am sad to announce that I will be leaving OpenSimulator Core. I've
>> been finding lately that I no longer have a use for this type of
>> software and I don't have the time to contribute at the level that I'd
>> like. I know that many users and several of the current Core members
>> have a lot of ideas for the direction they would like to take this
>> software in the future and I don't really want to influence them when
>> I am not planning to continue as a user or developer. Therefore I will
>> be relinquishing my commit access and moving on.
>>
>> I wish to extend my gratitude to the community for their support of me
>> and my development efforts to date, and to the fine group of users and
>> developers I've had the chance to get to know and work with over the
>> last 8 years. This time spent has been a significant experience in my
>> life and I have developed many friendships and I've learned much about
>> open source and open development during this time. I can only hope
>> that being a part of this community will benefit some of you as much
>> as it has benefited me. I have much faith that this community and this
>> software are destined for greater things in the future.
>>
>> Best wishes to you all!
>> -dahlia

> So sorry to hear that you're leaving Dahlia. Thank you for your
> contributions and time to OpenSim; and best of luck and wishes to you in
> your new endeavors! :)
>
> --
> OpenSim: 10 Region Standalone on 0.8.1 Dev
> Physics: Open Dynamics Engine
> OS: Windows 7 (x64)
> CPU: AMD FX 8320 8-Core 3.5 GHz
> Memory: 16 GB DDR3
> Database: MySQL 5.1.63 (x64)

OpenSimFan

My Opensim/Second Life Blog
http://verwijs.wordpress.com

(Dutch, basic hardware/software help windows, Mac, Linux)
http://verwijs-pc.nl

My Twitter Page:
http://twitter.com/OpenSimFan

My Facebook page (be my friend, please )
http://www.facebook.com/andre.verwijs

My Google+ page (follow me please )
André Verwijs - Google+

Re: [Opensim-dev] Farewell and thanks

Latif Khalifa
Dahlia, I'm very sorry to see you leave the project as you were one of
the best liaisons with the libopenmetaverse project we had. I'm more
than little concerned with the direction Opensim project is taking
lately, and your input was invaluable.