File Open dialog box

scotto

I would like to be able to open a File Open dialog box and capture the user selected file name as input to my bot application.  Is there an LSLscript or function that does this?  I could do it via C#, but the dialog box would open where my application is, not where the end user’s avatar is.  Any ideas?

Cheers,

scotto…

--

Scott Overmyer, PhD

Professor, Computer Science

Nazarbayev University

53 Kabanbay batyr Ave.,

Astana, 010000

Kazakhstan

Tel: +7 (7212) 70-65-68

Email: [hidden email]

Re: File Open dialog box

justincc
You wouldn't be able to trigger a File Open dialog box without some extremely heavy viewer hacking and some custom
OpenSimulator code.

One alternative may be to use media-on-a-prim (shared media) to display an external web page and then use that to
trigger a local file selection.  The page could then communicate this back to a script via llRequestUrl() or similar.

On 26/07/13 11:03, Scott Overmyer wrote:

> I would like to be able to open a File Open dialog box and capture the user selected file name as input to my bot
> application.  Is there an LSLscript or function that does this?  I could do it via C#, but the dialog box would open
> where my application is, not where the end user’s avatar is.  Any ideas?
>
> Cheers,
>
> scotto…
>
> --
>
> Scott Overmyer, PhD
>
> Professor, Computer Science
>
> Nazarbayev University
>
> 53 Kabanbay batyr Ave.,
>
> Astana, 010000
>
> Kazakhstan
>
> Tel: +7 (7212) 70-65-68
>
> Email: [hidden email] <mailto:[hidden email]>

OSVW Consulting

Re: File Open dialog box

scotto
Thanks, Justin.  I can construct an HTML File Open dialog, I suppose, then use llRequestURL() to pass the selection back to OpenSim, then on to my application via libOpenMetaverse.  I hadn't thought about this approach.