First preview of OnLook

Diva Canto
Hi everyone,

As I announced at OSCC last weekend, I have been working on the viewer
side. I have now made the first (very alpha) release of this new viewer,
OnLook, which people can test. I wrote a description of OnLook, and the
steps to test it, in a blog post:
http://metaverseink.com/blog/?p=566

Comments welcome. I hope we can make many more things programmable
server-side.

Diva

Re: First preview of OnLook

Dr Ramesh Ramloll
Thanks, I have been eagerly waiting for this.

On Thu, Nov 13, 2014 at 7:22 PM, Diva Canto <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi everyone,

As I announced at OSCC last weekend, I have been working on the viewer side. I have now made the first (very alpha) release of this new viewer, OnLook, which people can test. I wrote a description of OnLook, and the steps to test it, in a blog post:
http://metaverseink.com/blog/?p=566

Comments welcome. I hope we can make many more things programmable server-side.

Diva

Rameshsharma Ramloll PhD, CEO CTO DeepSemaphore LLC, Affiliate Research Associate Professor, Idaho State University, Pocatello, ID 83209 Tel: 208-240-0040

Re: First preview of OnLook

Kay McLennan
On Thu, Nov 13, 2014 at 6:22 PM, Diva Canto <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi everyone,

As I announced at OSCC last weekend, I have been working on the viewer side. I have now made the first (very alpha) release of this new viewer, OnLook, which people can test. I wrote a description of OnLook, and the steps to test it, in a blog post:
http://metaverseink.com/blog/?p=566

I am so excited about Diva's new OnLook viewer -- that will provide easy access for [student and other] new or infrequent users.  At the same time the benefits of this new [server side configurable] viewer represent important and needed innovations, some of the sculpt items in my grid (trees, letters, stairs, etc.) do not rezz when using the OnLook viewer.  Also, I did try to increase the RenderVolumeLoadFactor (first to 4 and then even higher) and the sculpt items still do not rezz.  Is there another setting I could adjust?  Note:  The OnLook viewer is of such keen interest to me, if needed, I have no problem changing out all of the items in my nine islands that do not rezz (!). (smile)

Again, thank you Diva!

Best,
Kay

Re: First preview of OnLook

Diva Canto
Thanks!
This viewer shouldn't do anything special in your own world, given that your world doesn't send anything special.
If you are having problems seeing objects, try cleaning your cache, increasing the draw distance (it's set to the minimum), etc. -- the usual things for when objects go missing.