Flailing Fix?

cliveg
Hi Justin

I've just fetched the 0.6.7 post-fix using git and upgraded my
existing installation.

For me the flailing arms problem is still there :(

Have I done something wrong or are others experiencing flailing with
the latest post-fix?

Thanks

Clive

Message: 1
Date: Wed, 21 Oct 2009 21:03:32 +0100
From: Justin Clark-Casey <[hidden email]>
Subject: Re: [Opensim-users] Standalone, MySQL & creating new regions
       crash
To: [hidden email]

Kevin Buckley wrote:

> Would it be better to go back to v0.6.7?  If so, how to fix the
> ?flailing? when I enable ODE physics (because I want prims to not be
> phantom)?

As an experiment, I backported Teravus' flailing fix into the 0.6.7-post-fixes
branch.  Feedback on whether this worked would be appreciated.

Instructions for retrieving the 0.6.7-post-fixes branch from git are at
http://opensimulator.org/wiki/Download (the source code zips are not currently
automatically updated).

Re: Flailing Fix?

justincc
clive gould wrote:
> Hi Justin
>
> I've just fetched the 0.6.7 post-fix using git and upgraded my
> existing installation.
>
> For me the flailing arms problem is still there :(
>
> Have I done something wrong or are others experiencing flailing with
> the latest post-fix?

Teravus tells me I didn't quite get enough of the changes so I've now also
included an adjustment made by Kitto Flora to the flailing velocity threshold.
It should be their if you pull down the latest 0.6.7-post-fixes updates.

> Thanks
>
> Clive
>

> Message: 1
> Date: Wed, 21 Oct 2009 21:03:32 +0100
> From: Justin Clark-Casey <[hidden email]>
> Subject: Re: [Opensim-users] Standalone, MySQL & creating new regions
>        crash
> To: [hidden email]
>
> Kevin Buckley wrote:
>> Would it be better to go back to v0.6.7?  If so, how to fix the
>> ?flailing? when I enable ODE physics (because I want prims to not be
>> phantom)?
>
> As an experiment, I backported Teravus' flailing fix into the 0.6.7-post-fixes
> branch.  Feedback on whether this worked would be appreciated.
>
> Instructions for retrieving the 0.6.7-post-fixes branch from git are at
> http://opensimulator.org/wiki/Download (the source code zips are not currently
> automatically updated).

Justin Clark-Casey

Re: Flailing Fix?

cliveg
Hi Justin

I'm pleased to report that after upgrading to the latest version of
0.6.7 post-fixes this morning the flailing arms problem has gone away
:)

Thanks very much for sorting this out.

Clive