Freeview Question

Robert Klein
I am having trouble getting Freeview to play using the Bookmarks menu choice. Everything else works just fine. When I choose SetURL and enter in chat:

/1 http://movies.apple.com/movies/wb/watchmen/watchmen-journal_h.320.mov

The current URL is replaced and the movie plays fine.
I then choose Bookmarks and select another movie from the Bookmarks menu and this happens:

[18:00]  Media Board: Setting new media URL. The old URL was: http://movies.apple.com/movies/wb/watchmen/watchmen-journal_h.320.mov
[18:00]  Media Board: New media URL set.

The board then displays the media texture but no video.

I am using FreeView 1.2 WebGuide (revision 3) - By CrystalShard Foo. Any help would be very much appreciated.

-Robert

Re: Freeview Question

Tim Allen-4
FreeView is soon going to have a new version released, as the domain
for the web guide is going to have be changed due to Linden trademark
sillyness.

The new version will be hitting www.VWMedia.net rather than
www.SLGuide.com. I'm also working on some new features which will
allow you to store your own URLs privately on the web site, rather
than having to use a notecard.

Sorry I can't be more help about why it isn't working under OpenSim.

Regards,

-Flip

On Sun, Feb 1, 2009 at 9:14 PM, Robert Klein <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I am having trouble getting Freeview to play using the Bookmarks menu choice.
> Everything else works just fine. When I choose SetURL and enter in chat:
>
> /1 http://movies.apple.com/movies/wb/watchmen/watchmen-journal_h.320.mov
>
> The current URL is replaced and the movie plays fine.
> I then choose Bookmarks and select another movie from the Bookmarks menu and
> this happens:
>
> [18:00]  Media Board: Setting new media URL. The old URL was:
> http://movies.apple.com/movies/wb/watchmen/watchmen-journal_h.320.mov
> [18:00]  Media Board: New media URL set.
>
> The board then displays the media texture but no video.
>
> I am using FreeView 1.2 WebGuide (revision 3) - By CrystalShard Foo. Any
> help would be very much appreciated.
>
> -Robert

Re: Freeview Question

Robert Klein
Thanks for the update Tim. On the subject of the TV Guide, whenever I select it then select the Go to page button it takes me to the web page and the only links that are alive are for reporting dead links. I started using Freeview several months ago and it has always been this way. Here is the page content:

Our Newest Streams
How to Embed a Notecard in an Object (G) (Report Dead Stream)
The Undo Function (G): Every mistake's favorite feature! (Report Dead Stream)
Using HUDs (G): Heads Up Displays are used for more and more useful tools within Second Life. (Report Dead Stream)
Using Text Notecards (G): How to create and share notecards. (Report Dead Stream)
Using Storage Prims: Opening and Selling Boxes (G): They're almost like a zip file! (Report Dead Stream)
Managing Your Inventory (G): Everyone's favorite task - inventory clean up! (Report Dead Stream)
Tiny Prims (G): Walk through on creating tiny prims for building. (Report Dead Stream)
Using Flexible Prims (G): Torley shows how to make a waving flag using flexible prims. (Report Dead Stream)
Using the Appearance Editor (G): Torley explains how to change your appearance. (Report Dead Stream)
Snapshot Tool (G): Demo on using the new advanced snapshot tool. (Report Dead Stream)

Have any of these things ever worked? What is the user supposed to do at this point? I realize this is all going to move but just kind of curious if I missed the point somehow.

Thanks,

-Robert

Tim Allen wrote

On Sun, Feb 1, 2009 at 9:14 PM, Robert Klein <rtkwebman@gmail.com> wrote:
> I am having trouble getting Freeview to play using the Bookmarks menu choice.
> Everything else works just fine. When I choose SetURL and enter in chat:
>
> /1 http://movies.apple.com/movies/wb/watchmen/watchmen-journal_h.320.mov
>
> The current URL is replaced and the movie plays fine.
> I then choose Bookmarks and select another movie from the Bookmarks menu and
> this happens:
>
> [18:00]  Media Board: Setting new media URL. The old URL was:
> http://movies.apple.com/movies/wb/watchmen/watchmen-journal_h.320.mov
> [18:00]  Media Board: New media URL set.
>
> The board then displays the media texture but no video.
>
> I am using FreeView 1.2 WebGuide (revision 3) - By CrystalShard Foo. Any
> help would be very much appreciated.
>
> -Robert

Re: Freeview Question

Tim Allen-4
Yeah, the SLGuide.com web links became a major dumping ground for
spammers, so I've neglected the site. The data for VWMedia.net has
been cleaned up, and I'm going to do (more of) a code overhaul as
well. CrystalShard and I just have to get on the same page to phase
out SLGuide.com. If you'd like, I'd be happy to give you the updating
VWMedia.net code to use on OpenSim, as our update procedure is going
to pass a new version of the viewer within SL by avatar key to anyone
who continues to try to hit the SLGuide domain.

Regards,

-Tim  /  FlipperPA

On Mon, Feb 2, 2009 at 12:37 PM, Robert Klein <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Thanks for the update Tim. On the subject of the TV Guide, whenever I select
> it then select the Go to page button it takes me to the web page and the
> only links that are alive are for reporting dead links. I started using
> Freeview several months ago and it has always been this way. Here is the
> page content:

Re: Freeview Question

Robert Klein
Hey Tim if you don't mind I would like to place a wiki page up about Freeview as a starting point for discussion on creating a scripted media viewer for OpenSim. If nothing else, maybe newer users will find it helpful in using media for their regions.

-Robert

Tim Allen wrote

On Mon, Feb 2, 2009 at 12:37 PM, Robert Klein <rtkwebman@gmail.com> wrote:
> Thanks for the update Tim. On the subject of the TV Guide, whenever I select
> it then select the Go to page button it takes me to the web page and the
> only links that are alive are for reporting dead links. I started using
> Freeview several months ago and it has always been this way. Here is the
> page content:

Viewer Question

Ovi Chris Rouly
Folks,

I'm running an OpenSim server/client setup that I'd like
to allow "selected" people to "view/navigate" only.  Can
anyone point me to a solution: code or binary?  Sure,
one could strip out a viewer from OpenMetaverse and
compile it... but I was hoping for a simpler (less-work)
solution.

Thanks very much,

Chris

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<,
> Hey Tim if you don't mind I would like to place a wiki page up about
> Freeview
> as a starting point for discussion on creating a scripted media viewer for
> OpenSim. If nothing else, maybe newer users will find it helpful in using
> media for their regions.
>
> -Robert
>

> Tim Allen wrote:
>>
>> Yeah, the SLGuide.com web links became a major dumping ground for
>> spammers, so I've neglected the site. The data for VWMedia.net has
>> been cleaned up, and I'm going to do (more of) a code overhaul as
>> well. CrystalShard and I just have to get on the same page to phase
>> out SLGuide.com. If you'd like, I'd be happy to give you the updating
>> VWMedia.net code to use on OpenSim, as our update procedure is going
>> to pass a new version of the viewer within SL by avatar key to anyone
>> who continues to try to hit the SLGuide domain.
>>
>> Regards,
>>
>> -Tim  /  FlipperPA
>>
>> On Mon, Feb 2, 2009 at 12:37 PM, Robert Klein <[hidden email]>
>> wrote:
>>> Thanks for the update Tim. On the subject of the TV Guide, whenever I
>>> select
>>> it then select the Go to page button it takes me to the web page and the
>>> only links that are alive are for reporting dead links. I started using
>>> Freeview several months ago and it has always been this way. Here is the
>>> page content:

Re: Freeview Question

Tim Allen-4
That would be great - I'd love some help with vwmedia.net - and with
inbound http announced for lsl for SL, probably time to ditch xml-rpc.
If anyone wants to help, email me off list!

On 2/7/09, Robert Klein <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hey Tim if you don't mind I would like to place a wiki page up about
> Freeview
> as a starting point for discussion on creating a scripted media viewer for
> OpenSim. If nothing else, maybe newer users will find it helpful in using
> media for their regions.
>
> -Robert
>

> Tim Allen wrote:
>>
>> Yeah, the SLGuide.com web links became a major dumping ground for
>> spammers, so I've neglected the site. The data for VWMedia.net has
>> been cleaned up, and I'm going to do (more of) a code overhaul as
>> well. CrystalShard and I just have to get on the same page to phase
>> out SLGuide.com. If you'd like, I'd be happy to give you the updating
>> VWMedia.net code to use on OpenSim, as our update procedure is going
>> to pass a new version of the viewer within SL by avatar key to anyone
>> who continues to try to hit the SLGuide domain.
>>
>> Regards,
>>
>> -Tim  /  FlipperPA
>>
>> On Mon, Feb 2, 2009 at 12:37 PM, Robert Klein <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>> Thanks for the update Tim. On the subject of the TV Guide, whenever I
>>> select
>>> it then select the Go to page button it takes me to the web page and the
>>> only links that are alive are for reporting dead links. I started using
>>> Freeview several months ago and it has always been this way. Here is the
>>> page content:

Sent from my mobile device

Re: Freeview Question

Robert Klein
I have created a wiki page with some basic information on using media and Freeview. It is a rough start so please everyone feel free to add/modify information.

http://opensimulator.org/wiki/Streaming_Media_in_OpenSim

-Robert

Tim Allen wrote

On 2/7/09, Robert Klein <rtkwebman@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hey Tim if you don't mind I would like to place a wiki page up about
> Freeview
> as a starting point for discussion on creating a scripted media viewer for
> OpenSim. If nothing else, maybe newer users will find it helpful in using
> media for their regions.
>
> -Robert
>

> Tim Allen wrote:
>>
>> Yeah, the SLGuide.com web links became a major dumping ground for
>> spammers, so I've neglected the site. The data for VWMedia.net has
>> been cleaned up, and I'm going to do (more of) a code overhaul as
>> well. CrystalShard and I just have to get on the same page to phase
>> out SLGuide.com. If you'd like, I'd be happy to give you the updating
>> VWMedia.net code to use on OpenSim, as our update procedure is going
>> to pass a new version of the viewer within SL by avatar key to anyone
>> who continues to try to hit the SLGuide domain.
>>
>> Regards,
>>
>> -Tim  /  FlipperPA
>>
>> On Mon, Feb 2, 2009 at 12:37 PM, Robert Klein <rtkwebman@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> Thanks for the update Tim. On the subject of the TV Guide, whenever I
>>> select
>>> it then select the Go to page button it takes me to the web page and the
>>> only links that are alive are for reporting dead links. I started using
>>> Freeview several months ago and it has always been this way. Here is the
>>> page content:

Sent from my mobile device