Fwd: FSassets and Mysql Asset table

Fred Beckhusen-2

How do I disable writing assets to the Robust.assets tables when
FSAssets is in use?   I cannot find any documentation at
/wiki/FSAssets_Service or elsewhere describing this specific need. The
wiki states "This option will save the assets to the file system as
opposed to the default service which stores assets as blobs in the
database."  I am using the default realm of "fsassets" and have records
in that table, as expected.

Commenting the FallbackService  did not help.

To reproduce, start with assets table empty,  with fsassets enabled,
and  after startup and loading a simple OAR, I still get hundreds of
rows in both mysql.assets and mysql.fsassets tables, and assets has
blobs in the data columns.

What did I miss?

Fred Beckhusen

Re: Fwd: FSassets and Mysql Asset table

Paul Proudfoot
Isn't that by design Fred, so that the DB is always the master in the event
there is a problem with the disk based fsassets storage?