Fwd: [SLED] Exporting Inventory

Josain Zsun
---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Vicki Robinson <[hidden email]>
Date: Thu, Feb 7, 2013 at 12:13 PM
Subject: [SLED] Exporting Inventory
To: "SL Educators (The SLED List)" <[hidden email]>

Peter Miller (hello!) recently posted a passing reference to Angstrom
as a viewer that will allow one to export one's wholly self-created
inventory to a form that is importable to Open Sim, in the "List of
OpenSim, etc. Higher Ed Grids" thread. I was interested because
Imprudence did indeed let me export from SL to my hard drive, and
thence to OSGrid, but contents of prims did not come with them, and
for my builds, the essential build is pretty easy; it's the contents
that I want to move. Angstrom is said to do this, but it's not working
for me.

Does anyone know where I can find more information about Angstrom? A
users' forum? Anything? Beuller? It's a nice viewer in some ways.

Vicki

--
Vicki Robinson
Associate Professor

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTE: The information transmitted, including
attachments, is intended only for the person(s) or entity to which it
is addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged material.
Any review, retransmission, dissemination or other use of, or taking
of any action in reliance upon this information by persons or entities
other than the intended recipient is prohibited. If you received this
in error, please contact the sender and destroy any copies of this
information.

"Acceptance of prevailing standards often means we have no standards
of our own." - Jean Toomer

Re: Fwd: [SLED] Exporting Inventory

Sarge Misfit
I've been using Angstrom for quite awhile and it does save contents of the prims. I have included it in a list of viewers I made, Misfit's Index of Viewers, though it is a few months behind (soon to be updated)

http://excelsior-station.wikidot.com/misfit-s-index-of-viewers-miv

Re: Fwd: [SLED] Exporting Inventory

Miller, Peter
I'm not an expert but there seem to be suggestions that there are licensing issues associated with the import code that may affect development. See:

http://forums.osgrid.org/viewtopic.php?f=40&t=4553

I haven't used it for a while.

Regards

Peter

Re: Fwd: [SLED] Exporting Inventory

Miller, Peter
I checked out an old version of Astra on NWG and can confirm it had issues saving linksets of sculpted prims in HPA format while it could archive single sculpties without difficulty. That said, I do have at least one linkset containing multiple sculpties archived in HPA format though whether that was archived on another grid escapes me.

Angstrom itself was also much better at restoring non-sculpt linksets numbering tens rather than hundreds of prims. It was, however, able to restore prim inventory contents such as textures and scripts. I suspect the same would be true of Angstrom.

Best wishes