Generic Visitors

Mark Dubin-2
Hello, I am running a multi-sim OS on a private grid. I would like to
enable "generic" visitors to access one of the sims without them
having to register. However, if I set up a generic avatar and
password, if a second person tries to login with that same avatar
while it is in use, the sim terminates the session of the first
person and sends an error message to the second. Is there a "simple"
way around this?

Thanks,  Mark

Re: Generic Visitors

Olli Aro
Administrator
Can you use the --multiple flag then you start the client in the shortcut
properties?

Olli

Re: Generic Visitors

Ethan Gardener
-multiple won't work, it's for running multiple instances of the viewer, nothing server-side. There is an OpenSim.ini option to not require authentication, but it's in the StandAlone section.

On Fri, 12 Jun 2009 07:00:19 +0100
"Olli Aro" <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Can you use the --multiple flag then you start the client in the shortcut
> properties?
>
> Olli

Ethan Grammatikidis
The lyf so short, the craft so long to lerne. -- Chaucer