Getting the trees to work...

Rhian
Hi All,

In r8202 there was an introduction of the TreePopulator. I did try it at that time and ever since I have been trying to get it to work without success.
In the logging I see that the module is activated, but nothing is happening in the region(s). In more recent releases the console command has ceased to be recognized. (Invalid command)
I tried both on Windows and Debian/mono but no luck so far.

Rhian

=== OpenSim.ini ===
[Trees]
    ; Enable this to allow the tree module to manage your sim trees, including growing, reproducing and dying
    active_trees = true

    ; Density of tree population
    tree_density = 1000.0
================
r8202 commit info:
Author: teravus
Date: 2009-02-01 22:04:03 -0800 (Sun, 01 Feb 2009)
New Revision: 8202

Modified:
  trunk/OpenSim/Region/Environment/Modules/World/TreePopulator/TreePopulatorModule.cs
  trunk/bin/OpenSim.ini.example
Log:
* Adding the Tree module configuration options to OpenSim.ini.example
* Adding an option to use the tree module to manage the trees in the simulator (grow/reproduce/die)
* Setting it to off by default in an effort to reduce the number of threads in use by default
* You can also turn it on in a 'one off' way with 'tree active true' on the console. To 'one off' turn it off, it's 'tree active false'.  The permanent way to do that, however is in the opensim.ini.

Modified: trunk/OpenSim/Region/Environment/Modules/World/TreePopulator/TreePopulatorModule.cs

Re: Getting the trees to work...

Ursula MATOVA
Hi, Rhian,

If I can remember, you have to type the following command on the
RegionServer console :

 > tree

Additionaly, you can stop the trees simulation by this command :

 > tree active true

And stop it :

>  tree active false

Be carefull, this module will heavily use your Server CPU :)
But, working nice. It's a very interresting simulation.

Regards,
Ursula.

Rhian a écrit :

> Hi All,
>
> In r8202 there was an introduction of the TreePopulator. I did try it
> at that time and ever since I have been trying to get it to work
> without success.
> In the logging I see that the module is activated, but nothing is
> happening in the region(s). In more recent releases the console
> command has ceased to be recognized. (Invalid command)
> I tried both on Windows and Debian/mono but no luck so far.
>
> Rhian
>
> === OpenSim.ini ===
> [Trees]
>     ; Enable this to allow the tree module to manage your sim trees,
> including growing, reproducing and dying
>     active_trees = true
>
>     ; Density of tree population
>     tree_density = 1000.0
> ================
> r8202 commit info:
> Author: teravus
> Date: 2009-02-01 22:04:03 -0800 (Sun, 01 Feb 2009)
> New Revision: 8202
>
> Modified:
>
> trunk/OpenSim/Region/Environment/Modules/World/TreePopulator/TreePopulatorModule.cs
>   trunk/bin/OpenSim.ini.example
> Log:
> * Adding the Tree module configuration options to OpenSim.ini.example
> * Adding an option to use the tree module to manage the trees in the
> simulator (grow/reproduce/die)
> * Setting it to off by default in an effort to reduce the number of
> threads in use by default
> * You can also turn it on in a 'one off' way with 'tree active true'
> on the console. To 'one off' turn it off, it's 'tree active false'.
>  The permanent way to do that, however is in the opensim.ini.
>
> Modified:
> trunk/OpenSim/Region/Environment/Modules/World/TreePopulator/TreePopulatorModule.cs

Re: Getting the trees to work...

Rhian
Hi Ursula,

Perhaps it works only on the r8202? On that one I do see something happening.
On r8290 (linux/mono) I get:
Region (root) # tree
04:29:34 - Invalid command
Region (root) # show version
Version: OpenSimulator Server  0.6.2.8290  (interface version 2)
----
On r8202 (same linux/mono)I get:
Region (root) # :
tree
04:37:18 - [TREES]: New tree planting
04:37:18 - [TREES]: New tree planting
04:37:18 - [TREES]: New tree planting
04:37:18 - [TREES]: New tree planting
Region (root) # :
show version
Version: OpenSimulator Server  0.6.2.8202  (interface version 2)

Strange, perhaps a bug?

Regards,
Rhian

On Mon, Feb 9, 2009 at 1:12 PM, Ursula MATOVA <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi, Rhian,

If I can remember, you have to type the following command on the
RegionServer console :

 > tree

Additionaly, you can stop the trees simulation by this command :

 > tree active true

And stop it :

Rhian a écrit :
> Hi All,
>
> In r8202 there was an introduction of the TreePopulator. I did try it
> at that time and ever since I have been trying to get it to work
> without success.
> In the logging I see that the module is activated, but nothing is
> happening in the region(s). In more recent releases the console
> command has ceased to be recognized. (Invalid command)
> I tried both on Windows and Debian/mono but no luck so far.
>
> Rhian
>
> === OpenSim.ini ===
> [Trees]
>     ; Enable this to allow the tree module to manage your sim trees,
> including growing, reproducing and dying
>     active_trees = true
>
>     ; Density of tree population
>     tree_density = 1000.0
> ================
> r8202 commit info:
> Author: teravus
> Date: 2009-02-01 22:04:03 -0800 (Sun, 01 Feb 2009)
> New Revision: 8202
>
> Modified:
>
> trunk/OpenSim/Region/Environment/Modules/World/TreePopulator/TreePopulatorModule.cs
>   trunk/bin/OpenSim.ini.example
> Log:
> * Adding the Tree module configuration options to OpenSim.ini.example
> * Adding an option to use the tree module to manage the trees in the
> simulator (grow/reproduce/die)
> * Setting it to off by default in an effort to reduce the number of
> threads in use by default
> * You can also turn it on in a 'one off' way with 'tree active true'
> on the console. To 'one off' turn it off, it's 'tree active false'.
>  The permanent way to do that, however is in the opensim.ini.
>
> Modified:
> trunk/OpenSim/Region/Environment/Modules/World/TreePopulator/TreePopulatorModule.cs

Re: Getting the trees to work...

trucker.anthony
Thanks for the info and the warning mine was set at default when i
activated it on one region and wow it got to be a thick forest quick and
still going ty again
Trucker

On Mon, 09 Feb 2009 13:12:48 +0100, Ursula MATOVA
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi, Rhian,
>
> If I can remember, you have to type the following command on the
> RegionServer console :
>
>  > tree
>
> Additionaly, you can stop the trees simulation by this command :
>
>  > tree active true
>
> And stop it :
>
>>  tree active false
>
> Be carefull, this module will heavily use your Server CPU :)
> But, working nice. It's a very interresting simulation.
>
> Regards,
> Ursula.
>
> Rhian a écrit :
>> Hi All,
>>
>> In r8202 there was an introduction of the TreePopulator. I did try it
>> at that time and ever since I have been trying to get it to work
>> without success.
>> In the logging I see that the module is activated, but nothing is
>> happening in the region(s). In more recent releases the console
>> command has ceased to be recognized. (Invalid command)
>> I tried both on Windows and Debian/mono but no luck so far.
>>
>> Rhian
>>
>> === OpenSim.ini ===
>> [Trees]
>>     ; Enable this to allow the tree module to manage your sim trees,
>> including growing, reproducing and dying
>>     active_trees = true
>>
>>     ; Density of tree population
>>     tree_density = 1000.0
>> ================
>> r8202 commit info:
>> Author: teravus
>> Date: 2009-02-01 22:04:03 -0800 (Sun, 01 Feb 2009)
>> New Revision: 8202
>>
>> Modified:

trunk/OpenSim/Region/Environment/Modules/World/TreePopulator/TreePopulatorModule.cs

>>   trunk/bin/OpenSim.ini.example
>> Log:
>> * Adding the Tree module configuration options to OpenSim.ini.example
>> * Adding an option to use the tree module to manage the trees in the
>> simulator (grow/reproduce/die)
>> * Setting it to off by default in an effort to reduce the number of
>> threads in use by default
>> * You can also turn it on in a 'one off' way with 'tree active true'
>> on the console. To 'one off' turn it off, it's 'tree active false'.
>>  The permanent way to do that, however is in the opensim.ini.
>>
>> Modified:

trunk/OpenSim/Region/Environment/Modules/World/TreePopulator/TreePopulatorModule.cs

Re: Getting the trees to work...

Ursula MATOVA
Hi Rhian,
Sorry, I haven't noticed that information ( r8202 ) :)
Maybe you could check the source file to see if something change ?
I'll test with the latest SVN tonight on my other server and I'll let
you know.
Regards.

Rhian a écrit :

> [...]
>     trunk/OpenSim/Region/Environment/Modules/World/TreePopulator/TreePopulatorModule.cs
>     >   trunk/bin/OpenSim.ini.example
>     > Log:
>     > * Adding the Tree module configuration options to
>     OpenSim.ini.example
>     > * Adding an option to use the tree module to manage the trees in the
>     > simulator (grow/reproduce/die)
>     > * Setting it to off by default in an effort to reduce the number of
>     > threads in use by default
>     > * You can also turn it on in a 'one off' way with 'tree active true'
>     > on the console. To 'one off' turn it off, it's 'tree active false'.
>     >  The permanent way to do that, however is in the opensim.ini.
>     >
>     > Modified:
>     >
>     trunk/OpenSim/Region/Environment/Modules/World/TreePopulator/TreePopulatorModule.cs

Re: Getting the trees to work...

drwhiet@spacefriends.de
Hello,

my Trees are happily growing (ok i must admit currently just only one)
Version: OpenSimulator Server  0.6.2.8300  (interface version 2)

it seems that the trees get rezzed at the same place and only after issued the
tree command on the command line ... and

even that i have running 2 regions it only plants the tree on one island of those two.
i also tried to  region-change xx  and issued  the tree command and it rezzed a new tree
only on the one island ..   do i need to have different .ini files for the other sim ?

Any moar info on that tree thing .. i googled but did not find ny further information on that ..
(found a python script in japanese : http://ja.pastebin.ca/691134?srch=opensim )
Wordfromthe Wise

Perhaps it works only on the r8202? On that one I do see something happening.
On r8290 (linux/mono) I get:
Region (root) # tree
04:29:34 - Invalid command
Region (root) # show version
Version: OpenSimulator Server  0.6.2.8290  (interface version 2)
----
On r8202 (same linux/mono)I get:
Region (root) # :
tree
04:37:18 - [TREES]: New tree planting
04:37:18 - [TREES]: New tree planting
04:37:18 - [TREES]: New tree planting
04:37:18 - [TREES]: New tree planting
Region (root) # :
show version
Version: OpenSimulator Server  0.6.2.8202  (interface version 2)

Strange, perhaps a bug?

Regards,
Rhian

On Mon, Feb 9, 2009 at 1:12 PM, Ursula MATOVA <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi, Rhian,

If I can remember, you have to type the following command on the
RegionServer console :

 > tree

Additionaly, you can stop the trees simulation by this command :

 > tree active true

And stop it :

Rhian a écrit :
> Hi All,

> In r8202 there was an introduction of the TreePopulator. I did try it
> at that time and ever since I have been trying to get it to work
> without success.
> In the logging I see that the module is activated, but nothing is
> happening in the region(s). In more recent releases the console
> command has ceased to be recognized. (Invalid command)
> I tried both on Windows and Debian/mono but no luck so far.
>
> Rhian
>
> === OpenSim.ini ===
> [Trees]
>     ; Enable this to allow the tree module to manage your sim trees,
> including growing, reproducing and dying
>     active_trees = true
>
>     ; Density of tree population
>     tree_density = 1000.0
> ================
> r8202 commit info:
> Author: teravus
> Date: 2009-02-01 22:04:03 -0800 (Sun, 01 Feb 2009)
> New Revision: 8202
>
> Modified:
>
> trunk/OpenSim/Region/Environment/Modules/World/TreePopulator/TreePopulatorModule.cs
>   trunk/bin/OpenSim.ini.example
> Log:
> * Adding the Tree module configuration options to OpenSim.ini.example
> * Adding an option to use the tree module to manage the trees in the
> simulator (grow/reproduce/die)
> * Setting it to off by default in an effort to reduce the number of
> threads in use by default
> * You can also turn it on in a 'one off' way with 'tree active true'
> on the console. To 'one off' turn it off, it's 'tree active false'.
>  The permanent way to do that, however is in the opensim.ini.
>
> Modified:
> trunk/OpenSim/Region/Environment/Modules/World/TreePopulator/TreePopulatorModule.cs

Re: Getting the trees to work...

Ursula MATOVA
Rhian,

May be it's due to some refactoring that occurs a few days ago :S

Regards.

Le 9 févr. 09 à 18:40, StefanL a écrit :

Hello,

my Trees are happily growing (ok i must admit currently just only one)
Version: OpenSimulator Server  0.6.2.8300  (interface version 2)

it seems that the trees get rezzed at the same place and only after issued the
tree command on the command line ... and

even that i have running 2 regions it only plants the tree on one island of those two.
i also tried to  region-change xx  and issued  the tree command and it rezzed a new tree
only on the one island ..   do i need to have different .ini files for the other sim ?

Any moar info on that tree thing .. i googled but did not find ny further information on that ..
(found a python script in japanese : http://ja.pastebin.ca/691134?srch=opensim )
Wordfromthe Wise

Perhaps it works only on the r8202? On that one I do see something happening.
On r8290 (linux/mono) I get:
Region (root) # tree
04:29:34 - Invalid command
Region (root) # show version
Version: OpenSimulator Server  0.6.2.8290  (interface version 2)
----
On r8202 (same linux/mono)I get:
Region (root) # :
tree
04:37:18 - [TREES]: New tree planting
04:37:18 - [TREES]: New tree planting
04:37:18 - [TREES]: New tree planting
04:37:18 - [TREES]: New tree planting
Region (root) # :
show version
Version: OpenSimulator Server  0.6.2.8202  (interface version 2)

Strange, perhaps a bug?

Regards,
Rhian

On Mon, Feb 9, 2009 at 1:12 PM, Ursula MATOVA <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi, Rhian,

If I can remember, you have to type the following command on the
RegionServer console :

 > tree

Additionaly, you can stop the trees simulation by this command :

 > tree active true

And stop it :

Rhian a écrit :
> Hi All,
>
> In r8202 there was an introduction of the TreePopulator. I did try it
> at that time and ever since I have been trying to get it to work
> without success.
> In the logging I see that the module is activated, but nothing is
> happening in the region(s). In more recent releases the console
> command has ceased to be recognized. (Invalid command)
> I tried both on Windows and Debian/mono but no luck so far.
>
> Rhian
>
> === OpenSim.ini ===
> [Trees]
>     ; Enable this to allow the tree module to manage your sim trees,
> including growing, reproducing and dying
>     active_trees = true
>
>     ; Density of tree population
>     tree_density = 1000.0
> ================
> r8202 commit info:
> Author: teravus
> Date: 2009-02-01 22:04:03 -0800 (Sun, 01 Feb 2009)
> New Revision: 8202
>
> Modified:
>
> trunk/OpenSim/Region/Environment/Modules/World/TreePopulator/TreePopulatorModule.cs
>   trunk/bin/OpenSim.ini.example
> Log:
> * Adding the Tree module configuration options to OpenSim.ini.example
> * Adding an option to use the tree module to manage the trees in the
> simulator (grow/reproduce/die)
> * Setting it to off by default in an effort to reduce the number of
> threads in use by default
> * You can also turn it on in a 'one off' way with 'tree active true'
> on the console. To 'one off' turn it off, it's 'tree active false'.
>  The permanent way to do that, however is in the opensim.ini.
>
> Modified:
> trunk/OpenSim/Region/Environment/Modules/World/TreePopulator/TreePopulatorModule.cs

Re: Getting the trees to work...

Ursula MATOVA
Well,

This module is working fine in r8218 ( > 8202 ), standalone mode / Linux x32 / mono 1.9.1.

Region (root) # :
tree
18:55:10 - [TREES]: New tree planting
Region (root) # :
tree active false
18:55:35 - [TREES]: Trees no longer Active, for now...
Region (root) # :
tree active true
18:55:38 - [TREES]: Activizing Trees
Region (root) # :

Let me try with the latest svn :)

Regards.

Le 9 févr. 09 à 18:51, Ursula MATOVA a écrit :

Rhian,

May be it's due to some refactoring that occurs a few days ago :S

Regards.

Le 9 févr. 09 à 18:40, StefanL a écrit :

Hello,

my Trees are happily growing (ok i must admit currently just only one)
Version: OpenSimulator Server  0.6.2.8300  (interface version 2)

it seems that the trees get rezzed at the same place and only after issued the
tree command on the command line ... and

even that i have running 2 regions it only plants the tree on one island of those two.
i also tried to  region-change xx  and issued  the tree command and it rezzed a new tree
only on the one island ..   do i need to have different .ini files for the other sim ?

Any moar info on that tree thing .. i googled but did not find ny further information on that ..
(found a python script in japanese : http://ja.pastebin.ca/691134?srch=opensim )
Wordfromthe Wise

Perhaps it works only on the r8202? On that one I do see something happening.
On r8290 (linux/mono) I get:
Region (root) # tree
04:29:34 - Invalid command
Region (root) # show version
Version: OpenSimulator Server  0.6.2.8290  (interface version 2)
----
On r8202 (same linux/mono)I get:
Region (root) # :
tree
04:37:18 - [TREES]: New tree planting
04:37:18 - [TREES]: New tree planting
04:37:18 - [TREES]: New tree planting
04:37:18 - [TREES]: New tree planting
Region (root) # :
show version
Version: OpenSimulator Server  0.6.2.8202  (interface version 2)

Strange, perhaps a bug?

Regards,
Rhian

On Mon, Feb 9, 2009 at 1:12 PM, Ursula MATOVA <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi, Rhian,

If I can remember, you have to type the following command on the
RegionServer console :

 > tree

Additionaly, you can stop the trees simulation by this command :

 > tree active true

And stop it :

Rhian a écrit :
> Hi All,
>
> In r8202 there was an introduction of the TreePopulator. I did try it
> at that time and ever since I have been trying to get it to work
> without success.
> In the logging I see that the module is activated, but nothing is
> happening in the region(s). In more recent releases the console
> command has ceased to be recognized. (Invalid command)
> I tried both on Windows and Debian/mono but no luck so far.
>
> Rhian
>
> === OpenSim.ini ===
> [Trees]
>     ; Enable this to allow the tree module to manage your sim trees,
> including growing, reproducing and dying
>     active_trees = true
>
>     ; Density of tree population
>     tree_density = 1000.0
> ================
> r8202 commit info:
> Author: teravus
> Date: 2009-02-01 22:04:03 -0800 (Sun, 01 Feb 2009)
> New Revision: 8202
>
> Modified:
>
> trunk/OpenSim/Region/Environment/Modules/World/TreePopulator/TreePopulatorModule.cs
>   trunk/bin/OpenSim.ini.example
> Log:
> * Adding the Tree module configuration options to OpenSim.ini.example
> * Adding an option to use the tree module to manage the trees in the
> simulator (grow/reproduce/die)
> * Setting it to off by default in an effort to reduce the number of
> threads in use by default
> * You can also turn it on in a 'one off' way with 'tree active true'
> on the console. To 'one off' turn it off, it's 'tree active false'.
>  The permanent way to do that, however is in the opensim.ini.
>
> Modified:
> trunk/OpenSim/Region/Environment/Modules/World/TreePopulator/TreePopulatorModule.cs

Re: Getting the trees to work...

Ursula MATOVA
Well,

Rhian, you're right, not working anymore with the latest svn ( r8301 ).

Sure it's because of the huge refactoring that occurs a few days ago :S

Sorry, but at this point, I cannot help you anymore.

I hope the small Region Module I wrote last week is still working ...

Regards,
Ursula.

Le 9 févr. 09 à 18:57, Ursula MATOVA a écrit :

Well,

This module is working fine in r8218 ( > 8202 ), standalone mode / Linux x32 / mono 1.9.1.

Region (root) # :
tree
18:55:10 - [TREES]: New tree planting
Region (root) # :
tree active false
18:55:35 - [TREES]: Trees no longer Active, for now...
Region (root) # :
tree active true
18:55:38 - [TREES]: Activizing Trees
Region (root) # :

Let me try with the latest svn :)

Regards.

Le 9 févr. 09 à 18:51, Ursula MATOVA a écrit :

Rhian,

May be it's due to some refactoring that occurs a few days ago :S

Regards.

Le 9 févr. 09 à 18:40, StefanL a écrit :

Hello,

my Trees are happily growing (ok i must admit currently just only one)
Version: OpenSimulator Server  0.6.2.8300  (interface version 2)

it seems that the trees get rezzed at the same place and only after issued the
tree command on the command line ... and

even that i have running 2 regions it only plants the tree on one island of those two.
i also tried to  region-change xx  and issued  the tree command and it rezzed a new tree
only on the one island ..   do i need to have different .ini files for the other sim ?

Any moar info on that tree thing .. i googled but did not find ny further information on that ..
(found a python script in japanese : http://ja.pastebin.ca/691134?srch=opensim )
Wordfromthe Wise

Perhaps it works only on the r8202? On that one I do see something happening.
On r8290 (linux/mono) I get:
Region (root) # tree
04:29:34 - Invalid command
Region (root) # show version
Version: OpenSimulator Server  0.6.2.8290  (interface version 2)
----
On r8202 (same linux/mono)I get:
Region (root) # :
tree
04:37:18 - [TREES]: New tree planting
04:37:18 - [TREES]: New tree planting
04:37:18 - [TREES]: New tree planting
04:37:18 - [TREES]: New tree planting
Region (root) # :
show version
Version: OpenSimulator Server  0.6.2.8202  (interface version 2)

Strange, perhaps a bug?

Regards,
Rhian

On Mon, Feb 9, 2009 at 1:12 PM, Ursula MATOVA <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi, Rhian,

If I can remember, you have to type the following command on the
RegionServer console :

 > tree

Additionaly, you can stop the trees simulation by this command :

 > tree active true

And stop it :

Rhian a écrit :
> Hi All,
>
> In r8202 there was an introduction of the TreePopulator. I did try it
> at that time and ever since I have been trying to get it to work
> without success.
> In the logging I see that the module is activated, but nothing is
> happening in the region(s). In more recent releases the console
> command has ceased to be recognized. (Invalid command)
> I tried both on Windows and Debian/mono but no luck so far.
>
> Rhian
>
> === OpenSim.ini ===
> [Trees]
>     ; Enable this to allow the tree module to manage your sim trees,
> including growing, reproducing and dying
>     active_trees = true
>
>     ; Density of tree population
>     tree_density = 1000.0
> ================
> r8202 commit info:
> Author: teravus
> Date: 2009-02-01 22:04:03 -0800 (Sun, 01 Feb 2009)
> New Revision: 8202
>
> Modified:
>
> trunk/OpenSim/Region/Environment/Modules/World/TreePopulator/TreePopulatorModule.cs
>   trunk/bin/OpenSim.ini.example
> Log:
> * Adding the Tree module configuration options to OpenSim.ini.example
> * Adding an option to use the tree module to manage the trees in the
> simulator (grow/reproduce/die)
> * Setting it to off by default in an effort to reduce the number of
> threads in use by default
> * You can also turn it on in a 'one off' way with 'tree active true'
> on the console. To 'one off' turn it off, it's 'tree active false'.
>  The permanent way to do that, however is in the opensim.ini.
>
> Modified:
> trunk/OpenSim/Region/Environment/Modules/World/TreePopulator/TreePopulatorModule.cs

Re: Getting the trees to work...

Ursula MATOVA
Unfortunately, my Region Module doesn't work anymore ( I have updated the references ) ... but it's not very important for now :)

And, if I'm right, the SVN Module should not work too because it uses the same way for console events ...
( Guess it's the same with the very useful Region Module : HelloWorld :) )

I'm not at all a developer, so cannot help on that point ... I'll try to investigate this WE.

Regards,
Ursula.

Le 9 févr. 09 à 19:14, Ursula MATOVA a écrit :

> [...]

----
On r8202 (same linux/mono)I get:
Region (root) # :
tree
04:37:18 - [TREES]: New tree planting
04:37:18 - [TREES]: New tree planting
04:37:18 - [TREES]: New tree planting
04:37:18 - [TREES]: New tree planting
Region (root) # :
show version
Version: OpenSimulator Server  0.6.2.8202  (interface version 2)

Strange, perhaps a bug?

Regards,
Rhian

On Mon, Feb 9, 2009 at 1:12 PM, Ursula MATOVA <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi, Rhian,

If I can remember, you have to type the following command on the
RegionServer console :

 > tree

Additionaly, you can stop the trees simulation by this command :

And stop it :

Rhian a écrit :
> Hi All,
>
> In r8202 there was an introduction of the TreePopulator. I did try it
> at that time and ever since I have been trying to get it to work
> without success.
> In the logging I see that the module is activated, but nothing is
> happening in the region(s). In more recent releases the console
> command has ceased to be recognized. (Invalid command)
> I tried both on Windows and Debian/mono but no luck so far.
>
> Rhian
>
> === OpenSim.ini ===
> [Trees]
>     ; Enable this to allow the tree module to manage your sim trees,
> including growing, reproducing and dying
>     active_trees = true
>
>     ; Density of tree population
>     tree_density = 1000.0
> ================
> r8202 commit info:
> Author: teravus
> Date: 2009-02-01 22:04:03 -0800 (Sun, 01 Feb 2009)
> New Revision: 8202
>
> Modified:
>
> trunk/OpenSim/Region/Environment/Modules/World/TreePopulator/TreePopulatorModule.cs
>   trunk/bin/OpenSim.ini.example
> Log:
> * Adding the Tree module configuration options to OpenSim.ini.example
> * Adding an option to use the tree module to manage the trees in the
> simulator (grow/reproduce/die)
> * Setting it to off by default in an effort to reduce the number of
> threads in use by default
> * You can also turn it on in a 'one off' way with 'tree active true'
> on the console. To 'one off' turn it off, it's 'tree active false'.
>  The permanent way to do that, however is in the opensim.ini.
>
> Modified:
> trunk/OpenSim/Region/Environment/Modules/World/TreePopulator/TreePopulatorModule.cs

Re: Getting the trees to work...

Robert Klein
The tree command is cool, once you get a bunch of trees in place you can set the command to not active then "weed" your region by selecting trees and deleting them like any other prim. :)

-Robert

Ursula MATOVA wrote
Unfortunately, my Region Module doesn't work anymore ( I have updated
the references ) ... but it's not very important for now :)

And, if I'm right, the SVN Module should not work too because it uses
the same way for console events ...
( Guess it's the same with the very useful Region Module :
HelloWorld :) )

I'm not at all a developer, so cannot help on that point ... I'll try
to investigate this WE.

Regards,
Ursula.

Re: Getting the trees to work...

Rhian
Hi everyone,

I kind of like the idea, although the load is quite heavy. I tested with 8202 only, since 8301 and later have an issue. The code seems to ignore the density (max trees?), I had set it down to 500 and my test region was still generating beyond 750 which slowed down my region so much that I couldn't move.

I'd love to see a module that makes the region look alive in terms of nature. I can't code anything (yet), and perhaps the time it takes me to learn how to do that will be surpassed by someone much handier than me.

Rhian

Ursula MATOVA wrote:

> Unfortunately, my Region Module doesn't work anymore ( I have updated
> the references ) ... but it's not very important for now :)
>
> And, if I'm right, the SVN Module should not work too because it uses
> the same way for console events ...
> ( Guess it's the same with the very useful Region Module :
> HelloWorld :) )
>
> I'm not at all a developer, so cannot help on that point ... I'll try
> to investigate this WE.
>
> Regards,
> Ursula.

Re: Getting the trees to work...

Robert Klein
Yes they do become quite dense. :) I start the trees then keep checking my About Land/Objects until 150-175 trees have been added then I stop it and start replanting and weeding. BTW, some of the trees can get huge!

-Robert

Rhian wrote