God tools & Estate Tools

Mark Dubin-2
On three randomly chosed Opensim regions I login. Of course, I do not
have Region/Estate privileges. Then, I immediately go to the Advanced
menu and select View Admin Options. I then select God tools.. from
the Admin menu. I am given access to select and change these options--
clearly not what is intended. THEN, if I immediately go back to the
Region/Estate menu I DO have access to change options. I discovered
this when setting up my own private grid. Is there a setting needed
in one of the configuration files, or is this a bug?   Mark

Re: God tools & Estate Tools

Brent Seidel-3
Hi Mark,

Are you set as the primary avatar in the region .xml files?  I think
that if this is the case, then you can access god mode.

brent

On 23-May-2009, at 4:38 PM, Mark Dubin wrote:

> On three randomly chosed Opensim regions I login. Of course, I do not
> have Region/Estate privileges. Then, I immediately go to the Advanced
> menu and select View Admin Options. I then select God tools.. from
> the Admin menu. I am given access to select and change these options--
> clearly not what is intended. THEN, if I immediately go back to the
> Region/Estate menu I DO have access to change options. I discovered
> this when setting up my own private grid. Is there a setting needed
> in one of the configuration files, or is this a bug?   Mark

Re: God tools & Estate Tools

Ethan Gardener
Another possibility: I vaguely remember trying god mode in SL one time. The viewer would show options as enabled, but they'd have no effect on the sim.

On Sat, 23 May 2009 19:00:23 -0700
Brent Seidel <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi Mark,
>
> Are you set as the primary avatar in the region .xml files?  I think
> that if this is the case, then you can access god mode.
>
> brent
>
> On 23-May-2009, at 4:38 PM, Mark Dubin wrote:
>
> > On three randomly chosed Opensim regions I login. Of course, I do not
> > have Region/Estate privileges. Then, I immediately go to the Advanced
> > menu and select View Admin Options. I then select God tools.. from
> > the Admin menu. I am given access to select and change these options--
> > clearly not what is intended. THEN, if I immediately go back to the
> > Region/Estate menu I DO have access to change options. I discovered
> > this when setting up my own private grid. Is there a setting needed
> > in one of the configuration files, or is this a bug?   Mark

Ethan Grammatikidis
The lyf so short, the craft so long to lerne. -- Chaucer

Re: God tools & Estate Tools

Stefan Andersson

Actually, afaik whether 'hacked god mode' is available depends on the loginuri containing 'agni' or not. What it does, is that it side-steps local permissions checking, and allows all local changes, as well as sends all updates to the server, regardless of whether the client have perms or not. It is then up to the server to do proper perms checking and stop the request.

We actually discovered quite a few instances of the default server perms module not stopping some requests over hacked god mode a couple of months ago. So it's probably a good thing to test properly and in depth.

/Stefan