Groups module

Jor3l Boa
Hello there, I'm trying to use the Groups module, got everything, configured each side (php and server) installed DBs and started OS, but I'm getting this error:

11:20:09 - [GROUPS-MESSAGING]: Could not get IGroupsServicesConnector, GroupsMessagingModule is now disabled.
11:20:09 - [GROUPS]: Could not get IGroupsServicesConnector

Is something with the OpenSim.ini configuration? I did a test with the 'test.php' and got this error:

---GOT---
HTTP/1.1 404 Not Found
Date: Tue, 11 May 2010 16:31:12 GMT
Server: Apache/2.2.14 (Ubuntu)
Vary: Accept-Encoding

Any help is welcome.

Re: Groups module

justincc
Jor3l Boa wrote:

> Hello there, I'm trying to use the Groups module, got everything,
> configured each side (php and server) installed DBs and started OS, but
> I'm getting this error:
>
> 11:20:09 - [GROUPS-MESSAGING]: Could not get IGroupsServicesConnector,
> GroupsMessagingModule is now disabled.
> 11:20:09 - [GROUPS]: Could not get IGroupsServicesConnector
>
> Is something with the OpenSim.ini configuration? I did a test with the
> 'test.php' and got this error:
>
> ---GOT---
> HTTP/1.1 404 Not Found
> Date: Tue, 11 May 2010 16:31:12 GMT
> Server: Apache/2.2.14 (Ubuntu)
> Vary: Accept-Encoding
>

> Any help is welcome.

From the message it simply looks like you don't have this active in your configuration.  I believe that You should have something like this if you're using 0.6.9.rc2.  Unfortunately, this has changed in 0.6.9-post-fixes (and I'm not sure this is a good idea for what should be a pretty stable branch).

[Groups]
    Enabled = true

    ; This is the current groups stub in Region.CoreModules.Avatar.Groups
    ;Module  = Default

    ; The PHP code for the server is available from the Flotsam project for you to deploy
    ; to your own server.  The Flotsam project is located at http://code.google.com/p/flotsam/
    ;
    Module  = GroupsModule

    ; Enable Group Notices
    NoticesEnabled   = true

    ; This makes the Groups modules very chatty on the console.
    DebugEnabled     = false

    ; Specify which messaging module to use for groups messaging and if it's enabled
    MessagingModule = GroupsMessagingModule
    MessagingEnabled = true

    ; Service connector to Groups Service [Select One]
    ; XmlRpc Service Connector to the Flotsam XmlRpc Groups Service Implementation
    ServicesConnectorModule = XmlRpcGroupsServicesConnector
    ;XmlRpcServiceURL        = http://localhost/XmlRpcGroupsServer/xmlrpc.php
    GroupsServerURI         = http://localhost/XmlRpcGroupsServer/xmlrpc.php

    XmlRpcServiceReadKey    = 1234
    XmlRpcServiceWriteKey   = 1234

    ; Disables HTTP Keep-Alive for XmlRpcGroupsServicesConnector HTTP Requests,
    ; this is a work around fora problem discovered on some Windows based region servers.
    ; Only disable keep alive if you see a large number (dozens) of the following Exceptions:
    ; System.Net.WebException: The request was aborted: The request was canceled.
    ;
    ; XmlRpcDisableKeepAlive = false