HTML on a Prim in OpenSim

Daniel Herzog

Hi,

I’ve got some problems with showing an url on the texture of a prim in OpenSim. Like usual in Second Life, I used the parcel media url to reference a webpage with an associated texture. But unfortunately nothing happens.

I used several OpenSim configurations with different clients (Hippo Viewer, Second Life Viewer, Realxtend Viewer, Meerkat Viewer) each time and the only way that works for me is OpenSim + Modrex with the Realxtend Viewer. Is there something missing within pure OpenSim that parcel media urls do not work or how is the way to getting them work?

Best regards

Daniel

Re: HTML on a Prim in OpenSim

Robert Klein
Hey Daniel,

This script works for me except the LLSay command doesn't seem to do anything. All of my media texture scripts worked fine under 0.6.3 but since I upgraded to the latest stable release they have all broken.

//XEngine:
default {
    state_entry()
    {
        llSay( 0, "osSetDynamicTextureURL Tester");
    }
    touch_start(integer total_number)
    {
      llSay( 0, "Testing.");
      string  dynamicID="";
      integer refreshRate = 600;
      string  contentType="image";
      string srcURL = "http://ftpcontent.worldnow.com/wtvf/skycam/radarregAlt.jpg"; // Nashville Weather
      string URLTexture=osSetDynamicTextureURL(dynamicID, contentType ,srcURL  , "", refreshRate );
      if (llStringLength(URLTexture)>0)
       {
         llSay(0,"URLTexture = "+URLTexture);
         llSetTexture(URLTexture, ALL_SIDES);
       }
   }
}

-Robert

Daniel Herzog wrote
Hi,

I've got some problems with showing an url on the texture of a prim in
OpenSim. Like usual in Second Life, I used the parcel media url to reference
a webpage with an associated texture. But unfortunately nothing happens.

I used several OpenSim configurations with different clients (Hippo Viewer,
Second Life Viewer, Realxtend Viewer, Meerkat Viewer) each time and the only
way that works for me is OpenSim + Modrex with the Realxtend Viewer. Is
there something missing within pure OpenSim that parcel media urls do not
work or how is the way to getting them work?

Best regards

Daniel

Re: HTML on a Prim in OpenSim

Daniel-25
Hi Robert,

thanks for your reply. Your script works fine for me, too. Showing an
image on a prim is no problem. But have you ever tried to show a
complete web page (eg.: www.msn.com) on a texture like it is done in
Second Life? That's the feature that doesn't work for me and I'm
interested in how to get it work in Opensim.

Daniel

Re: HTML on a Prim in OpenSim

Robert Klein
Hey Daniel,

Here is the script that used to work. If you can get it working please let me know how you did it.

-Robert

//XEngine:
// Original by tx Oh
// commented MODS by WhiteStar (Apr.21.09)
//
string url;  // to keep the URL persistent
default
{
    state_entry()
    {
        llListen(5, "", llGetOwner(), ""); // listen to Owner Only
        llSetText("Say '/5 http://someurl.org'\nto get a webpage displayed on the prim", <1.0, 0.5, 0.0>, 1);
    }

    listen(integer ch, string name, key id, string url)
    {
        llSetText("",<0,0,0>,0); // Got a URL so clear the hover text
        llHTTPRequest("http://pici.picidae.net/browse.php?c=0&f=&u="+url,[],"");
    }
    http_response(key rid, integer status, list metadata, string msg) {
        list l = llParseString2List(msg, ["img src=\""], []);
        string img = llList2String(l, 1);
        l = llParseString2List(img, ["\""], []);
        img = llList2String(l, 0);
        string url = "http://pici.picidae.net/" + img;
        string URLTexture = osSetDynamicTextureURL("", "image", url, "", 600);
        if (llStringLength(URLTexture)>0)
        {
            llSetTexture(URLTexture, ALL_SIDES);
        }
    }
}

//===================================================================

Daniel-25 wrote
Hi Robert,

thanks for your reply. Your script works fine for me, too. Showing an
image on a prim is no problem. But have you ever tried to show a
complete web page (eg.: www.msn.com) on a texture like it is done in
Second Life? That's the feature that doesn't work for me and I'm
interested in how to get it work in Opensim.

Daniel

Re: HTML on a Prim in OpenSim

Olli Aro
Administrator
Hi Daniel,

That functionality only supports images. There is no way to display HTML
directly with OpenSim at the moment.

Please have a read the following threads for more information:

http://n2.nabble.com/Re%3A-osSetDynamicTextureURL-tc2152695.html#a2152695
http://n2.nabble.com/Web-content-tc3219355.html#a3219355

Regards,

Olli