Having trouble connecting with Firestorm :(

Having trouble connecting with Firestorm :(

Timeka Cobb
Hello hope all is well!

Placed my loginurl in the proper space when using Firestorm and when I hit
apply I noticed my world was given the title "Lost continent of Hippo". Why
was this title given instantly? Also cant login to my world. Checked my
network and firewall and things seem to be fine..what am I doing wrong. Im
using a Linux based vps so I wonder does that have to do with anything. I
wonder are there any other viewers that work well with a vps? I adore
Singularity but its missing the media_cef plugin and after trying to
install it still wont work. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

Thank ya,
Timeka

Re: Having trouble connecting with Firestorm :(

Asaff Belfer
Could it be that you have placed a url to localhost?

On Fri, Jan 4, 2019 at 6:17 AM Timeka Cobb <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello hope all is well!
>
> Placed my loginurl in the proper space when using Firestorm and when I hit
> apply I noticed my world was given the title "Lost continent of Hippo". Why
> was this title given instantly? Also cant login to my world. Checked my
> network and firewall and things seem to be fine..what am I doing wrong. Im
> using a Linux based vps so I wonder does that have to do with anything. I
> wonder are there any other viewers that work well with a vps? I adore
> Singularity but its missing the media_cef plugin and after trying to
> install it still wont work. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!
>
> Thank ya,
> Timeka

Re: Having trouble connecting with Firestorm :(

Haravikk

> On 4 Jan 2019, at 04:17, Timeka Cobb <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hello hope all is well!
>
> Placed my loginurl in the proper space when using Firestorm and when I hit
> apply I noticed my world was given the title "Lost continent of Hippo". Why
> was this title given instantly? Also cant login to my world. Checked my
> network and firewall and things seem to be fine..what am I doing wrong. Im
> using a Linux based vps so I wonder does that have to do with anything. I
> wonder are there any other viewers that work well with a vps? I adore
> Singularity but its missing the media_cef plugin and after trying to
> install it still wont work. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!
>
> Thank ya,
> Timeka

"Lost Continent of Hippo" is the default name returned by the grid info service if another name wasn't set in your grid info settings, or a name couldn't be retrieved; if you're sure you've set a different name then seeing this could indicate the grid info request isn't being returned correctly, or getting through in the first place.

Do you have any other services on the VPS that you could use to verify that the firewall is definitely allowing connections through as expected?

Which firewall settings are you changing, iptables or similar on the system itself, or does your hosting provider have an external firewall as well (usually accessed by whatever control panel you provisioned the VPS from)?

Re: Having trouble connecting with Firestorm :(

Chris M
This happens if you don't change the grid's name in gridname and/or
gridnick settings in either your Robust.ini file or StandaloneCommon.ini
file (depending on whether you're using grid mode or standalone mode).
Firestorm does not let you set this name yourself when you are
configuring a new grid for it (for whatever reason... It's stupid imo)
and rather it chooses to pull those settings from the server instead and
makes it read-only. So find and change those settings in the appropriate
ini file, restart OS, and retry adding the grid and it should show up
properly.

On 1/3/2019 10:17 PM, Timeka Cobb wrote:

> Hello hope all is well!
>
> Placed my loginurl in the proper space when using Firestorm and when I hit
> apply I noticed my world was given the title "Lost continent of Hippo". Why
> was this title given instantly? Also cant login to my world. Checked my
> network and firewall and things seem to be fine..what am I doing wrong. Im
> using a Linux based vps so I wonder does that have to do with anything. I
> wonder are there any other viewers that work well with a vps? I adore
> Singularity but its missing the media_cef plugin and after trying to
> install it still wont work. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!
>
> Thank ya,
> Timeka

OpenSim: Grid Mode on OpenSim 0.9.1.0 Snail Dev
Physics: ubODE
OS: Windows 7 (x64) on .NET 4.7.2
CPU: AMD FX 8320 8-Core 3.5 GHz
Memory: 16 GB DDR3
Database: MySQL 5.5.8

Re: Having trouble connecting with Firestorm :(

Timeka Cobb
Sirs @Assaf, Haravikk, Chris

Thank you all so very much for the help! I got it to work..the cause was a
slight boo boo on my part. I added my DDNS in my OpenSim.ini for Base url
and was suppose to have my VPS ip address there instead. Also I added
private port 8003 to my firewall settings within my vps. Now things are
working like a charm FINALLY😁! Thank you all again, I greatly appreciate
it💗

Timeka