Heads-Up for users of OpenSim development versions from Jan 20, 2012 until today

Heads-Up for users of OpenSim development versions from Jan 20, 2012 until today

James Hughes
As some are aware, development to add working telehubs to OpenSim has
been progressing the past couple of days. In the beginning, working out
the packet dialog with the viewer, several bits of data were needed to
send for the telehub info. These were saved in the database and there
was a migration to add the fields and an additional table to the
database to save these. As work progressed, and more eyes were added to
the effort, it was apparent that we needed to refresh the values each
time they were used and that saving them was pointless. So, we are
modifying the database to only save what is needed. Here is the rub - I
was not aware that by policy we do not do backwards migrations for a
couple of reasons. So, these previous migrations will need to be handled
by hand. It is just a matter of logging into the console of your
database and pasting the script that follows.

This affects MySQL only! Works has not been extended to other database
engines at this time.

revisions affected:
start: 32d58d6e3e9a0ea1bfa808567d0f64c0652f8a85
end: c36c916342460751d25350b66ffbd7eb0a401c2b

Script ...

BEGIN;
alter table regionsettings drop column TelehubName;
alter table regionsettings drop column TelehubEnabled;
alter table regionsettings drop column TelehubPosX;
alter table regionsettings drop column TelehubPosY;
alter table regionsettings drop column TelehubPosZ;
alter table regionsettings drop column TelehubRotX;
alter table regionsettings drop column TelehubRotY;
alter table regionsettings drop column TelehubRotZ;
alter table regionsettings drop column TelehubRotW;

alter table spawn_points change column PointX Yaw float NOT NULL;
alter table spawn_points change column PointY Pitch float NOT NULL;
alter table spawn_points change column PointZ Distance float NOT NULL;
COMMIT;

your migrations table (of your region store) should look like ...

+----------------+---------+
| name           | version |
+----------------+---------+
| migrations     |       1 |
| UserStore      |       7 |
| GridStore      |       2 |
| LogStore       |       1 |
| InventoryStore |       4 |
| AssetStore     |       6 |
| RegionStore    |      39 |
+----------------+---------+

That should be all that is needed to get things on track for future
releases. And, as always you can get additional assistance here or in
IRC @ #opensim or for development questions #opensim-dev.

Thanks for using OpenSimulator!
BlueWall

Re: Heads-Up for users of OpenSim development versions from Jan 20, 2012 until today

Opensimfan
in the future, also update for MS-SQL please.

thanks
OpenSimFan

My Opensim/Second Life Blog
http://verwijs.wordpress.com

(Dutch, basic hardware/software help windows, Mac, Linux)
http://verwijs-pc.nl

My Twitter Page:
http://twitter.com/OpenSimFan

My Facebook page (be my friend, please )
http://www.facebook.com/andre.verwijs

My Google+ page (follow me please )
André Verwijs - Google+

On 01/23/2012 10:10 PM, BlueWall wrote:

> As some are aware, development to add working telehubs to OpenSim has
> been progressing the past couple of days. In the beginning, working out
> the packet dialog with the viewer, several bits of data were needed to
> send for the telehub info. These were saved in the database and there
> was a migration to add the fields and an additional table to the
> database to save these. As work progressed, and more eyes were added to
> the effort, it was apparent that we needed to refresh the values each
> time they were used and that saving them was pointless. So, we are
> modifying the database to only save what is needed. Here is the rub - I
> was not aware that by policy we do not do backwards migrations for a
> couple of reasons. So, these previous migrations will need to be handled
> by hand. It is just a matter of logging into the console of your
> database and pasting the script that follows.
>
> This affects MySQL only! Works has not been extended to other database
> engines at this time.
>

> revisions affected:
> start: 32d58d6e3e9a0ea1bfa808567d0f64c0652f8a85
> end: c36c916342460751d25350b66ffbd7eb0a401c2b
>

> Script ...
>
> BEGIN;
> alter table regionsettings drop column TelehubName;
> alter table regionsettings drop column TelehubEnabled;
> alter table regionsettings drop column TelehubPosX;
> alter table regionsettings drop column TelehubPosY;
> alter table regionsettings drop column TelehubPosZ;
> alter table regionsettings drop column TelehubRotX;
> alter table regionsettings drop column TelehubRotY;
> alter table regionsettings drop column TelehubRotZ;
> alter table regionsettings drop column TelehubRotW;
>
> alter table spawn_points change column PointX Yaw float NOT NULL;
> alter table spawn_points change column PointY Pitch float NOT NULL;
> alter table spawn_points change column PointZ Distance float NOT NULL;
> COMMIT;
>
> your migrations table (of your region store) should look like ...
>
> +----------------+---------+
> | name           | version |
> +----------------+---------+
> | migrations     |       1 |
> | UserStore      |       7 |
> | GridStore      |       2 |
> | LogStore       |       1 |
> | InventoryStore |       4 |
> | AssetStore     |       6 |
> | RegionStore    |      39 |
> +----------------+---------+
>

> That should be all that is needed to get things on track for future
> releases. And, as always you can get additional assistance here or in
> IRC @ #opensim or for development questions #opensim-dev.
>

> Thanks for using OpenSimulator!
> BlueWall

PS: Also for a very brief time this was in the estate_settings and the
spawn_points was created at that time too. If you are running your
estate and region data together, there is a slight chance that your
spawn_points table could need fixing.

see if your spawn_points table looks like this ...

  `spawn_points` (
   `RegionID` varchar(36) COLLATE utf8_unicode_ci NOT NULL,
   `Yaw` float NOT NULL,
   `Pitch` float NOT NULL,
   `Distance` float NOT NULL,
   KEY `RegionID` (`RegionID`)
) ENGINE=InnoDB

There is a slight chance you have EstateID instead of RegionID,

if that is the case ...

alter table spawn_points change column `EstateID` `RegionID` VarChar(36)
NOT NULL;