Help: How to change the name of the master avatar

Help: How to change the name of the master avatar

cliveg
Hi

Thanks for the responses to the question about changing the name of
the master avatar. Unfortunately I still haven't been able to change
it.

When I was first setting up the simulator I specified a name for the
master avatar and I now wish to change that name.

I have created an account for user "Estate Manager" from the console,
edited the Regions.ini file to include this name, and restarted the
simulator.

When I log on as Estate Manager I do not have the expected land
permissions - just those of an ordinary user.

I've looked at the database using PHPMyAdmin and can't see where the
master avatar status is associated with a particular avi.

Can anyone help please?

Thanks in advance.

Clive

Fwd: Help: How to change the name of the master avatar

cliveg
Hi

I've tried changing both the master avi name and password (Estate
Manager) in Regions.ini and restarting the sim

I've also tried commenting out the name etc and adding the UUID for
the Estate Manager account to Regions.ini and restarting the sim. i.e.

[Bromley]
RegionUUID = 7613b3c8-39ea-42ed-bfef-e09d34f997e9
Location = 1000,1000
InternalAddress = 0.0.0.0
InternalPort = 9000
AllowAlternatePorts = False
ExternalHostName = 195.194.82.16
MasterAvatarUUID = 0177f91c-155e-478c-ba7b-e28831df88a8
; MasterAvatarFirstName = Estate
; MasterAvatarLastName = Manager
; MasterAvatarSandboxPassword = xxxxxxx

During startup a console message appears confiming that the above
master avatar has been found.

However, when I log in, in neither case are the master avatar land
permissions transferred over to the Estate Manager user.

Suggestions welcomed

Thanks :)

Clive

Re: Fwd: Help: How to change the name of the master avatar

jeff1564
Hi Clive,

Did you try after you changed the master avatar, login and reclaim the land???