Help to restore default terrain

cliveg
Hi

I have just loaded a custom terrain file into OpenSim successfuly.

How can I restore the original terrain - the island in the middle of the ocean ?

Is there a default terrain file somewhere I can load?

Thanks

Clive

Re: Help to restore default terrain

justincc
clive gould wrote:
> Hi
>
> I have just loaded a custom terrain file into OpenSim successfuly.
>
> How can I restore the original terrain - the island in the middle of the ocean ?
>
> Is there a default terrain file somewhere I can load?

Unfortunately, I have a feeling that the data for that terrain is hardcoded in
the terrain module.  It should really be loaded from an external file.

Of course, you could simply create a new region and export the blank terrain and
reload it to your original.

Justin Clark-Casey

Re: Help to restore default terrain

Marc Adored
On Mon, Sep 28, 2009 at 2:56 PM, Justin Clark-Casey
<[hidden email]> wrote:
> Unfortunately, I have a feeling that the data for that terrain is hardcoded in
> the terrain module.  It should really be loaded from an external file.
>
> Of course, you could simply create a new region and export the blank terrain and
> reload it to your original.

hmm new feature request? :) maybe a

# terrain restore

command :D

Re: Help to restore default terrain

Impalah Shenzhou
Quick and dirty solution: create a new region and export its terrain from the console.

- change region XXXXX
- terrain export XXXXXXX.raw

Then change to the old region and reimport.

This way you will have got a "reseted" raw file for the future.

Greetings