How do I remove the OpenLife welcome note?

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
15 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

How do I remove the OpenLife welcome note?

Michael Huntington
I'm starting my own grid and would like to remove the OpenLife welcome note that's defaulted in the inventory. I've looked everywhere for it in the bin/inventory and bin/assets folders/subfolders.
_______________________________________________
Opensim-users mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.berlios.de/mailman/listinfo/opensim-users
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: How do I remove the OpenLife welcome note?

Fish_Kungfu
If you mean the "Welcome to OpenSim" message, you'll find that in "/opensim/bin/OpenSim.ini".  It's this line:

     welcome_message = "Welcome to OpenSim"

Cheers...Fish



On Sun, Jan 18, 2009 at 11:53 PM, Michael Huntington <[hidden email]> wrote:
I'm starting my own grid and would like to remove the OpenLife welcome note that's defaulted in the inventory. I've looked everywhere for it in the bin/inventory and bin/assets folders/subfolders.
_______________________________________________
Opensim-users mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.berlios.de/mailman/listinfo/opensim-users



_______________________________________________
Opensim-users mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.berlios.de/mailman/listinfo/opensim-users
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: How do I remove the OpenLife welcome note?

Michael Huntington
Hi Fish,

I mean the "Welcome Note" in the inventory when you first create a user. It's located in the "Open Sim Library"

On Sun, Jan 18, 2009 at 11:59 PM, Fish Kungfu <[hidden email]> wrote:
If you mean the "Welcome to OpenSim" message, you'll find that in "/opensim/bin/OpenSim.ini".  It's this line:

     welcome_message = "Welcome to OpenSim"

Cheers...Fish



On Sun, Jan 18, 2009 at 11:53 PM, Michael Huntington <[hidden email]> wrote:
I'm starting my own grid and would like to remove the OpenLife welcome note that's defaulted in the inventory. I've looked everywhere for it in the bin/inventory and bin/assets folders/subfolders.
_______________________________________________
Opensim-users mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.berlios.de/mailman/listinfo/opensim-users



_______________________________________________
Opensim-users mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.berlios.de/mailman/listinfo/opensim-users



_______________________________________________
Opensim-users mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.berlios.de/mailman/listinfo/opensim-users
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: How do I remove the OpenLife welcome note?

Fish_Kungfu
Ahh ok. :-)  After digging a little, it looks like it'slocated here:

../opensim/bin/assets/NotecardsAssetSet/.svn/text-base/welcomeNote.txt.svn-base

Hope this helps....Fish



On Mon, Jan 19, 2009 at 12:06 AM, Michael Huntington <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi Fish,

I mean the "Welcome Note" in the inventory when you first create a user. It's located in the "Open Sim Library"

On Sun, Jan 18, 2009 at 11:59 PM, Fish Kungfu <[hidden email]> wrote:
If you mean the "Welcome to OpenSim" message, you'll find that in "/opensim/bin/OpenSim.ini".  It's this line:

     welcome_message = "Welcome to OpenSim"

Cheers...Fish



On Sun, Jan 18, 2009 at 11:53 PM, Michael Huntington <[hidden email]> wrote:
I'm starting my own grid and would like to remove the OpenLife welcome note that's defaulted in the inventory. I've looked everywhere for it in the bin/inventory and bin/assets folders/subfolders.
_______________________________________________
Opensim-users mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.berlios.de/mailman/listinfo/opensim-users



_______________________________________________
Opensim-users mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.berlios.de/mailman/listinfo/opensim-users



_______________________________________________
Opensim-users mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.berlios.de/mailman/listinfo/opensim-users



_______________________________________________
Opensim-users mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.berlios.de/mailman/listinfo/opensim-users
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: How do I remove the OpenLife welcome note?

Fish_Kungfu
Correction/Addition:  Look here too... ../opensim/bin/assets/NotecardsAssetSet/welcomeNote.txt

Okay...I'm obviously tired LOL...so better let someone else advise you on this.  ;-)

Gnight....Fish



On Mon, Jan 19, 2009 at 1:00 AM, Fish Kungfu <[hidden email]> wrote:
Ahh ok. :-)  After digging a little, it looks like it'slocated here:

../opensim/bin/assets/NotecardsAssetSet/.svn/text-base/welcomeNote.txt.svn-base

Hope this helps....Fish




On Mon, Jan 19, 2009 at 12:06 AM, Michael Huntington <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi Fish,

I mean the "Welcome Note" in the inventory when you first create a user. It's located in the "Open Sim Library"

On Sun, Jan 18, 2009 at 11:59 PM, Fish Kungfu <[hidden email]> wrote:
If you mean the "Welcome to OpenSim" message, you'll find that in "/opensim/bin/OpenSim.ini".  It's this line:

     welcome_message = "Welcome to OpenSim"

Cheers...Fish



On Sun, Jan 18, 2009 at 11:53 PM, Michael Huntington <[hidden email]> wrote:
I'm starting my own grid and would like to remove the OpenLife welcome note that's defaulted in the inventory. I've looked everywhere for it in the bin/inventory and bin/assets folders/subfolders.
_______________________________________________
Opensim-users mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.berlios.de/mailman/listinfo/opensim-users



_______________________________________________
Opensim-users mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.berlios.de/mailman/listinfo/opensim-users



_______________________________________________
Opensim-users mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.berlios.de/mailman/listinfo/opensim-users




_______________________________________________
Opensim-users mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.berlios.de/mailman/listinfo/opensim-users
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: How do I remove the OpenLife welcome note?

Michael Huntington
Hi, the text in those files are different from the text in the Welcome note that stuck in the user's inventory ... here is the content of the note I'm trying to remove..... (searching for the contents of this note on my system returns zero results)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Welcome to the Openlife :)

This library is art of the Openlifegrid.com Openlibrary and is a collection of works provided under CC 2.5 by Attribution License.

For a list of contributors please see http://openlifegrid.com


** GETTING Help **

The Openlife Grid is a world wide community of users, with people from hundreds of countries. You will find useful information online at the http://openlifegrid.com website. Including, Wiki, Forums, Chatrooms & more.

We appreciate your support and hope you enjoy the Openlife.

Kind Regards,

Sakai Openlife
Founder Openlifegrid.com 
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On Mon, Jan 19, 2009 at 1:06 AM, Fish Kungfu <[hidden email]> wrote:
Correction/Addition:  Look here too... ../opensim/bin/assets/NotecardsAssetSet/welcomeNote.txt

Okay...I'm obviously tired LOL...so better let someone else advise you on this.  ;-)

Gnight....Fish




On Mon, Jan 19, 2009 at 1:00 AM, Fish Kungfu <[hidden email]> wrote:
Ahh ok. :-)  After digging a little, it looks like it'slocated here:

../opensim/bin/assets/NotecardsAssetSet/.svn/text-base/welcomeNote.txt.svn-base

Hope this helps....Fish




On Mon, Jan 19, 2009 at 12:06 AM, Michael Huntington <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi Fish,

I mean the "Welcome Note" in the inventory when you first create a user. It's located in the "Open Sim Library"

On Sun, Jan 18, 2009 at 11:59 PM, Fish Kungfu <[hidden email]> wrote:
If you mean the "Welcome to OpenSim" message, you'll find that in "/opensim/bin/OpenSim.ini".  It's this line:

     welcome_message = "Welcome to OpenSim"

Cheers...Fish



On Sun, Jan 18, 2009 at 11:53 PM, Michael Huntington <[hidden email]> wrote:
I'm starting my own grid and would like to remove the OpenLife welcome note that's defaulted in the inventory. I've looked everywhere for it in the bin/inventory and bin/assets folders/subfolders.
_______________________________________________
Opensim-users mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.berlios.de/mailman/listinfo/opensim-users



_______________________________________________
Opensim-users mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.berlios.de/mailman/listinfo/opensim-users



_______________________________________________
Opensim-users mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.berlios.de/mailman/listinfo/opensim-users




_______________________________________________
Opensim-users mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.berlios.de/mailman/listinfo/opensim-users



_______________________________________________
Opensim-users mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.berlios.de/mailman/listinfo/opensim-users
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: How do I remove the OpenLife welcome note?

Mike Mazur
Hi,

On Mon, 19 Jan 2009 01:41:05 -0500
"Michael Huntington" <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi, the text in those files are different from the text in the
> Welcome note that stuck in the user's inventory ... here is the
> content of the note I'm trying to remove..... (searching for the
> contents of this note on my system returns zero results)
> --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
> Welcome to the Openlife :)

The string "Openlife" is only found in bin/LaunchSLClient.ini in the
entire OpenSim codebase. It looks like you got this notecard yourself
from somewhere else.

Can you reproduce this issue with a fresh checkout?

Mike
_______________________________________________
Opensim-users mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.berlios.de/mailman/listinfo/opensim-users
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: How do I remove the OpenLife welcome note?

Mike Mazur
Hi,

On Mon, 19 Jan 2009 02:14:00 -0500
"Michael Huntington" <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I copied the UUID from the NOTE and it was
> 00000000-0000-2222-3333-000000000001 ..... so I went into my database
> to search for this UUID and behold it was there in the assets table.
>
> I've deleted the entire database.. checked out the latest trunk from
> the OpenSim repo ... and that asset keeps popping up in my inventory.

This asset exists in my database as well, however don't mention
Openlife at all:

mysql> select id,data from assets where id="00000000-0000-2222-3333-000000000001
";
+--------------------------------------+----------------------------------------
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
-------------------------------------------+
| id                                   | data


                                           |
+--------------------------------------+----------------------------------------
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
-------------------------------------------+
| 00000000-0000-2222-3333-000000000001 |
Hello and thank you for using OpenSim. For more infomation visit http://opensimu
lator.org/wiki/Main_Page

In this Library you will find example items to play with and learn on. To use an
y of these items just double click and/or drag them to the respective folder in
your base inventory. Then you can drag them to prims.
 |
+--------------------------------------+----------------------------------------
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
-------------------------------------------+
1 row in set (0.00 sec)

Could your region be connecting to Openlife's asset servers somehow?

Mike
_______________________________________________
Opensim-users mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.berlios.de/mailman/listinfo/opensim-users
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: How do I remove the OpenLife welcome note?

Charles Krinke-3
In reply to this post by Michael Huntington
I think one of the problems, Michael, is we dont know what an 'OpenLife' welcome note is.

We know what an 'OpenSim' welcome page is, and thats the one you were directed to.

Charles


From: Michael Huntington <[hidden email]>
To: [hidden email]
Sent: Sunday, January 18, 2009 8:53:30 PM
Subject: [Opensim-users] How do I remove the OpenLife welcome note?

I'm starting my own grid and would like to remove the OpenLife welcome note that's defaulted in the inventory. I've looked everywhere for it in the bin/inventory and bin/assets folders/subfolders.

_______________________________________________
Opensim-users mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.berlios.de/mailman/listinfo/opensim-users
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: How do I remove the OpenLife welcome note?

Fish_Kungfu
Oh maybe this would help.  Michael, if you'll post what your entire -loginuri string is, that will tell us which grid you're logging into.

~~Fish~~



On Mon, Jan 19, 2009 at 10:12 AM, Charles Krinke <[hidden email]> wrote:
I think one of the problems, Michael, is we dont know what an 'OpenLife' welcome note is.

We know what an 'OpenSim' welcome page is, and thats the one you were directed to.

Charles


From: Michael Huntington <[hidden email]>
To: [hidden email]
Sent: Sunday, January 18, 2009 8:53:30 PM
Subject: [Opensim-users] How do I remove the OpenLife welcome note?

I'm starting my own grid and would like to remove the OpenLife welcome note that's defaulted in the inventory. I've looked everywhere for it in the bin/inventory and bin/assets folders/subfolders.

_______________________________________________
Opensim-users mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.berlios.de/mailman/listinfo/opensim-users



_______________________________________________
Opensim-users mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.berlios.de/mailman/listinfo/opensim-users
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: How do I remove the OpenLife welcome note?

Ai Austin
In reply to this post by Michael Huntington
At 16:03 19/01/2009, [hidden email] wrote:
>I think one of the problems, Michael, is we dont know what an
>'OpenLife' welcome note is.
>
>We know what an 'OpenSim' welcome page is, and thats the one you
>were directed to.


I think Michael is referring to the Openlife Library 0.53 which adds
further assets beyond the standard library... but I note a divergence
recently as the 4 standards terrain textures that now in the Opensim
standard library are not yet in the latest release of the extended
Openlife Library.   I have mentioned that to Sakai.


_______________________________________________
Opensim-users mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.berlios.de/mailman/listinfo/opensim-users
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: How do I remove the OpenLife welcome note?

Michael Huntington
I do not have the openlife Library 0.53 installed even though I did download it a while back ... I never put it into my build directory.

Again, it's obviously a client issue ... because logging into my grid from another computer shows a totally different welcome note.... which is weird because I thought assets and inventory come from the asset / inventory server.... not the clientside.

Also as I mentioned before... the client system that I reproduce this issue on... has OpenLife viewer installed on it.

On Mon, Jan 19, 2009 at 12:12 PM, Ai Austin <[hidden email]> wrote:
At 16:03 19/01/2009, [hidden email] wrote:
>I think one of the problems, Michael, is we dont know what an
>'OpenLife' welcome note is.
>
>We know what an 'OpenSim' welcome page is, and thats the one you
>were directed to.


I think Michael is referring to the Openlife Library 0.53 which adds
further assets beyond the standard library... but I note a divergence
recently as the 4 standards terrain textures that now in the Opensim
standard library are not yet in the latest release of the extended
Openlife Library.   I have mentioned that to Sakai.


_______________________________________________
Opensim-users mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.berlios.de/mailman/listinfo/opensim-users


_______________________________________________
Opensim-users mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.berlios.de/mailman/listinfo/opensim-users
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Issue with versions higher r7707

Frank W Sweet
FWIW, I suspect that it is a Linux thing. I am running 2 standalone
region servers inside a 750M W-XP virtual machine. That virtual
machine is also running Apache, MySQL, and an FTP server. That virtual
machine (along with other virtual machines) is running inside of a 2G,
1.6 GHz W-XP real machine. I just held a quick meeting of six avatars
(three local and three tp'd in via HG) in one of the regions, and
everyone could move and jump and chat simultaneously with no problem.
The six clients were all on separate machines.

Frank W Sweet
Backintyme Publishing

----- Original Message -----
From: "Michael Huntington" <[hidden email]>
To: <[hidden email]>
Sent: Monday, January 19, 2009 3:13 PM
Subject: Re: [Opensim-users] How do I remove the OpenLife welcome
note?


I do not have the openlife Library 0.53 installed even though I did
download
it a while back ... I never put it into my build directory.
Again, it's obviously a client issue ... because logging into my grid
from
another computer shows a totally different welcome note.... which is
weird
because I thought assets and inventory come from the asset / inventory
server.... not the clientside.

Also as I mentioned before... the client system that I reproduce this
issue
on... has OpenLife viewer installed on it.

On Mon, Jan 19, 2009 at 12:12 PM, Ai Austin
<[hidden email]>wrote:

> At 16:03 19/01/2009, [hidden email] wrote:
> >I think one of the problems, Michael, is we dont know what an
> >'OpenLife' welcome note is.
> >
> >We know what an 'OpenSim' welcome page is, and thats the one you
> >were directed to.
>
>
> I think Michael is referring to the Openlife Library 0.53 which adds
> further assets beyond the standard library... but I note a
> divergence
> recently as the 4 standards terrain textures that now in the Opensim
> standard library are not yet in the latest release of the extended
> Openlife Library.   I have mentioned that to Sakai.
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> Opensim-users mailing list
> [hidden email]
> https://lists.berlios.de/mailman/listinfo/opensim-users
>



--------------------------------------------------------------------------------


_______________________________________________
Opensim-users mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.berlios.de/mailman/listinfo/opensim-users

_______________________________________________
Opensim-users mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.berlios.de/mailman/listinfo/opensim-users
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: How do I remove the OpenLife welcome note?

josephchrzempiec
In reply to this post by Fish_Kungfu
Hello I try to do this as well and somehow it still remains I edit it and saved
it then rebooted the server and come back its still there the same stuff not
the edit stuff so I deleted the notecard and reboot the server and its still
there even deleted when I go into the viewer its there can someone please help
me thank you.





joseph

_______________________________________________
Opensim-users mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.berlios.de/mailman/listinfo/opensim-users
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: How do I remove the OpenLife welcome note?

Fleep Tuque
Hi Joseph,

Reading back through the origins of this thread from 2009:


It appears that the welcome card was related to the viewer the person was using.  I have never seen that card and don't think it's included in the core Opensim download.  Did you download your install of Opensim from http://opensimulator.org or did you get it from somewhere else?  What viewer are you using?

Sincerely,

- Chris/Fleep


Chris M. Collins (SL/OS: Fleep Tuque)
Center for Simulations & Virtual Environments Research (UCSIM)
UCIT Instructional & Research Computing
University of Cincinnati
406A Zimmer Hall
315 College Drive
PO BOX 210088
Cincinnati, OH 45221-0088
(513) 556-3018

http://ucsim.uc.edu

On Thu, Nov 29, 2012 at 11:41 PM, Joseph Chrzempiec <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hello I try to do this as well and somehow it still remains I edit it and saved
it then rebooted the server and come back its still there the same stuff not
the edit stuff so I deleted the notecard and reboot the server and its still
there even deleted when I go into the viewer its there can someone please help
me thank you.





joseph

_______________________________________________
Opensim-users mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.berlios.de/mailman/listinfo/opensim-users


_______________________________________________
Opensim-users mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.berlios.de/mailman/listinfo/opensim-users