How to get scripts to run in Diva

missyfitz
Is there anything specific that needs to be done to get scripts to run in OSdiva? As a test I'm trying a very basic texture animation script which I basically copy/pasted from my inventory in SL, and it doesn't do anything.. It says it saves/compiles the script, but the script doesn't actually animate the texture. Other basic test scripts, like a prim rotation script, also don't work. Here is the script I'm working with:

default
{
    state_entry()
    {
        llSetTextureAnim(ANIM_ON | SMOOTH | LOOP, ALL_SIDES,0,0,0.0, 1,-0.3);
    }
}

Should be just a simple, straightforward texture anim... XEngine is enabled in opensim.ini:

DefaultScriptEngine = "XEngine"

Any reason why it wouldn't work?

Re: How to get scripts to run in Diva

Sean McNamara
Hi,

On Mon, May 16, 2011 at 5:13 PM, missyfitz <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Is there anything specific that needs to be done to get scripts to run in
> OSdiva? As a test I'm trying a very basic texture animation script which I
> basically copy/pasted from my inventory in SL, and it doesn't do anything..
> It says it saves/compiles the script, but the script doesn't actually
> animate the texture. Other basic test scripts, like a prim rotation script,
> also don't work. Here is the script I'm working with:

I don't know anything about the specifics of Diva's distro, but have
you tried the most trivial script possible? Rotating a prim and
texture animations are hardly what I'd call as "basic" :)

default
{
     state_entry()
     {
           llSay(0, "Hello World!");
     }
}

If the above *does* work, then it seems that you've found some
unsupported or misbehaving script functions in the version of XEngine
shipped in diva.

If the above *doesn't* work, you probably have a misconfiguration,
maybe Diva can help you. But I'm sure it would be helpful for you to
post your OpenSim.exe console log regardless.

HTH,

Sean

> default
> {
>    state_entry()
>    {
>        llSetTextureAnim(ANIM_ON | SMOOTH | LOOP, ALL_SIDES,0,0,0.0,
> 1,-0.3);
>    }
> }
>
> Should be just a simple, straightforward texture anim... XEngine is enabled
> in opensim.ini:
>
> DefaultScriptEngine = "XEngine"
>
> Any reason why it wouldn't work?

Re: How to get scripts to run in Diva

Cider Jack
Just chiming in to add one issue with scripts that I've had with
Diva's distro is that they need to be reset the first time and every
time the oar is loaded (including server reboot). Even if the
'Running' checkbox is ticked they don't seem to start until the script
is reset via the menu. They all seem to work just fine for me after
doing this, although it's especially a pain for invisible HUDs.

Adding a llResetScript() (assuming it's not critical if the script is
reset) in the first state_entry() might do the trick? But then if the
script isn't running it probably wouldn't even get to this line... I
haven't tested this!

Curious to hear a solution...
~!CiderJack

Re: How to get scripts to run in Diva

Kay McLennan
[Not exactly a response to your scripting question but...] I finally found a teleport script in the OS that works in the OS (see below).  More specifically, I found the full perm teleport script (by Rupudiator quann) in a full perm Pulpit Telelporter (by Garry Beaumont) in the Steam Shop @ Freebie Slumcity (The Neverhood 108, 105, 22).  Also, FYI, The Neverhood and the surrounding sims are terrific builds as well as fun to tour (to hunt for freebies).

Best,
Kay

//
//"Teleport Script NEW" by Rupudiator quann
key lastAVkey = NULL_KEY;
string fltText = "Next Floor";
vector dest = <109.000,115.000,42.625>; // X Y Z coordinates
init()
{
        llSetSitText("Teleport");
        llSetText(fltText, <1,1,1>, 1);
        llSitTarget(dest-llGetPos(), <0,0,0,1>);
}
default
{
    state_entry()
    {
                init();
    }
    touch_start(integer i)
    {
        init();
    }
    changed(integer change)
    {
        key currentAVkey = llAvatarOnSitTarget();
        if (currentAVkey != NULL_KEY && lastAVkey == NULL_KEY)
        {
            lastAVkey = currentAVkey;
            if (!(llGetPermissions() & PERMISSION_TRIGGER_ANIMATION))
                llRequestPermissions(currentAVkey,PERMISSION_TRIGGER_ANIMATION);
            llSleep(0.5);
            llUnSit(currentAVkey);
            llStopAnimation("sit");
            llResetScript();
        }
    }
}

On Mon, May 16, 2011 at 4:32 PM, Sean McNamara <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi,

On Mon, May 16, 2011 at 5:13 PM, missyfitz <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Is there anything specific that needs to be done to get scripts to run in
> OSdiva? As a test I'm trying a very basic texture animation script which I
> basically copy/pasted from my inventory in SL, and it doesn't do anything..
> It says it saves/compiles the script, but the script doesn't actually
> animate the texture. Other basic test scripts, like a prim rotation script,
> also don't work. Here is the script I'm working with:

I don't know anything about the specifics of Diva's distro, but have
you tried the most trivial script possible? Rotating a prim and
texture animations are hardly what I'd call as "basic" :)

default
{
    state_entry()
    {
          llSay(0, "Hello World!");
    }
}

If the above *does* work, then it seems that you've found some
unsupported or misbehaving script functions in the version of XEngine
shipped in diva.

If the above *doesn't* work, you probably have a misconfiguration,
maybe Diva can help you. But I'm sure it would be helpful for you to
post your OpenSim.exe console log regardless.

HTH,

Sean

> default
> {
>    state_entry()
>    {
>        llSetTextureAnim(ANIM_ON | SMOOTH | LOOP, ALL_SIDES,0,0,0.0,
> 1,-0.3);
>    }
> }
>
> Should be just a simple, straightforward texture anim... XEngine is enabled
> in opensim.ini:
>
> DefaultScriptEngine = "XEngine"
>
> Any reason why it wouldn't work?

Re: How to get scripts to run in Diva

Vanish Seriath

for a texture rotation, try this:

default {
     state_entry() {
         llSetTextureAnim(ANIM_ON | SMOOTH | LOOP, ALL_SIDES, 1, 1, 0.0, 1,
-0.3);
     }
}

In your script, you set frames to 0, which doesn't make too much sense
imho, and if I were a script engine, I would refuse to rotate that
texture, too.

> Hi,
>
> On Mon, May 16, 2011 at 5:13 PM, missyfitz <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Is there anything specific that needs to be done to get scripts to run
>> in
>> OSdiva? As a test I'm trying a very basic texture animation script
>> which I
>> basically copy/pasted from my inventory in SL, and it doesn't do
>> anything..
>> It says it saves/compiles the script, but the script doesn't actually
>> animate the texture. Other basic test scripts, like a prim rotation
>> script,
>> also don't work. Here is the script I'm working with:
>
> I don't know anything about the specifics of Diva's distro, but have
> you tried the most trivial script possible? Rotating a prim and
> texture animations are hardly what I'd call as "basic" :)
>
> default
> {
>      state_entry()
>      {
>            llSay(0, "Hello World!");
>      }
> }
>
> If the above *does* work, then it seems that you've found some
> unsupported or misbehaving script functions in the version of XEngine
> shipped in diva.
>
> If the above *doesn't* work, you probably have a misconfiguration,
> maybe Diva can help you. But I'm sure it would be helpful for you to
> post your OpenSim.exe console log regardless.
>
> HTH,
>
> Sean
>

>> default
>> {
>>    state_entry()
>>    {
>>        llSetTextureAnim(ANIM_ON | SMOOTH | LOOP, ALL_SIDES,0,0,0.0,
>> 1,-0.3);
>>    }
>> }
>>
>> Should be just a simple, straightforward texture anim... XEngine is
>> enabled
>> in opensim.ini:
>>
>> DefaultScriptEngine = "XEngine"
>>
>> Any reason why it wouldn't work?
>>

>> --

The Twilight’s Green Illuminate Beam,
This Great ImBalance, that I’ve seen,
That Trees Got Icy Branches and,
The Good In Bad, That God I’ve Been.

http://tgib.co.uk/

Re: How to get scripts to run in Diva

missyfitz
lol, you're right, Vanish.. I added the 1's in there and the animation works, though it's strange because my version of the script as posted in my orig post works just fine in SL, though not in OSdiva. But anyway, it does work now, so thank you :)

Re: How to get scripts to run in Diva

Fleep Tuque
In my experience there's no guarantee that a script that works in SL will work in opensim.  Also as other have mentioned, making sure the very first line of the script in opensim is blank is very important.

My team has spent some time trying to vet the scripts that we use frequently and make the necessary changes to ensure they also work in opensim, feel free to grab them at http://fleep.wikispaces.com/Scripts - the ones marked (OS) have been tested to work in opensim.

If you want to grab specific categories of scripts or otherwise avoid all the copying and pasting, I also have iar files available at http://fleepgrid.com/store/.

- Chris/Fleep

Chris M. Collins (SL: Fleep Tuque)
Project Manager, UC Second Life
Second Life Ambassador, Ohio Learning Network
UCit Instructional & Research Computing
University of Cincinnati
406E Zimmer Hall
PO Box 210088