How to properly remove a region

Philippe Scoffoni
Hello,

My question may be strange, but, when I remove a region using
delete-region or remove region, then shutdown opensim, remove the region
fron Regions.ini ans restart opensim, I can always see the region on the
map in Firestorm. If I click on the region on the map, i've got a
message "Invalid location".
The region isn't in the table region in the grid..
Is there a way to have the deleted's region desapear on the map ?

Thanks for your help

Philippe

Re: How to properly remove a region

Johan Taal
Hi all,

I even have a question that is similar. I like to deregister ALL commando
before I start all
my more than 500 sims again and in the same way clean the MAP and let it do
a new rebuild of
the map. What is the way to do this?

With regards,

Drs.Ing. J. Taal
CEO BUSINESS INSPIRE
(funder of: SIMVALLEY, EDUGRID NL, OPENSIM NL)

Re: How to properly remove a region

Key Gruin
On 06/14/2014 03:41 PM, Philippe Scoffoni wrote:

> Is there a way to have the deleted's region desapear on the map ?

It could just be a matter of clearing the viewer cache, have you tried that?

> Thanks for your help
>
> Philippe

Re: How to properly remove a region

Luisillo Contepomi
The viewers, maps are collected in each session when the "worldmap" is
called. The images are only cached for that session.
You must delete manually from your robust path /bin/maptiles

Regards

> On 06/14/2014 03:41 PM, Philippe Scoffoni wrote:
>>

>> Is there a way to have the deleted's region desapear on the map ?
>>
> It could just be a matter of clearing the viewer cache, have you tried that?
>

>> Thanks for your help
>>
>> Philippe

Re: How to properly remove a region

R.Gunther
I have mentoined the 'bug' weeks or months ago on the developer meeting.
SOfar i have seen is the robust server not deleteing the images when
aregion is deregistrated.
Not sure if thats fix in the latest opensim 0.8dev version.

On 2014-06-15 04:09, Key Gruin wrote:

> On 06/14/2014 03:41 PM, Philippe Scoffoni wrote:
>>
>> Is there a way to have the deleted's region desapear on the map ?
>>
> It could just be a matter of clearing the viewer cache, have you tried
> that?
>

>> Thanks for your help
>>
>> Philippe

Re: How to properly remove a region

Philippe Scoffoni
Hello
Ok, it works with deleting the files from my robust path /bin/maptiles
Thanks

Philippe
Le 15/06/2014 10:34, R.Gunther a écrit :

> I have mentoined the 'bug' weeks or months ago on the developer meeting.
> SOfar i have seen is the robust server not deleteing the images when
> aregion is deregistrated.
> Not sure if thats fix in the latest opensim 0.8dev version.
>
> On 2014-06-15 04:09, Key Gruin wrote:
>> On 06/14/2014 03:41 PM, Philippe Scoffoni wrote:
>>>
>>> Is there a way to have the deleted's region desapear on the map ?
>>>
>> It could just be a matter of clearing the viewer cache, have you
>> tried that?
>>

>>> Thanks for your help
>>>
>>> Philippe

Re: How to properly remove a region

justincc
I think that this does need to be handled better in the future but right now I believe you do have to manually delete
maptiles, which is not great.

On 16/06/14 06:50, Philippe Scoffoni wrote:

> Hello
> Ok, it works with deleting the files from my robust path /bin/maptiles
> Thanks
>
> Philippe
> Le 15/06/2014 10:34, R.Gunther a écrit :
>> I have mentoined the 'bug' weeks or months ago on the developer meeting.
>> SOfar i have seen is the robust server not deleteing the images when aregion is deregistrated.
>> Not sure if thats fix in the latest opensim 0.8dev version.

>>> It could just be a matter of clearing the viewer cache, have you tried that?

OSVW Consulting