Hypergrid 0.7.0.1+

12

Re: Real life heightmaps in opensim.

Opensimfan
you probably seen it, but here's an other way to get real world terrains into OpenSim. http://www.virtualwhite.com/?p=100

Dutch

OpenSimFan

My Opensim/Second Life Blog
http://verwijs.wordpress.com

(Dutch, basic hardware/software help windows, Mac, Linux)
http://verwijs-pc.nl

My Twitter Page:
http://twitter.com/OpenSimFan

My Facebook page (be my friend, please )
http://www.facebook.com/andre.verwijs

My Google+ page (follow me please )
André Verwijs - Google+

Re: Real life heightmaps in opensim.

InuYasha Meiji
DutchGlory wrote:
> you probably seen it, but here's an other way to get real world terrains into
> OpenSim. http://www.virtualwhite.com/?p=100
>
> Dutch

Yes I did, but the USES site don;t seem to have any data regarding the
Ryukyu Island chain, Okinawa included.  At least in a place I can get to it.
I found it on the global map and highlighted the section and it told me
the data set I wanted to download was empty.  I thought they should have
something, there was a huge battle during WWII, US has a base there.  I
would assume it shouldn't be an empty file.

My wife joked that next thing you know I will have homeland security
knocking at the door.  gheesh.  HEH how do you think they will look at
me when I say, "I only want to model the land all around Shuri Castle
during the time period of King Sho Nei."  Gheesh!

I am still on the  http://srtm.csi.cgiar.org/ site hoping to find it.
All I want is a square mail around Shuri Castle, stone walls and all.

Thanks tho, I appreciate the answers.

Re: transfering inventory via php and either remote admin or some other way

On 10/08/10 23:56, Chris Bloomfield wrote:
> Hi can anyone tell me if there is a way of transfering inventory using
> php either using the remote admin system or rest or some such.
>
> i am aware i can do it by directly manipulating the db itself but just
> wondered if there was an easyer way

If by transferring you mean loading items into someone's inventory then there were/are a few ways

1)  Direct DB manipulation, as you know

2)  In OpenSim 0.6.x there was an application plugin called the 'REST interface' which allowed you to add asset and
inventory via a, well, REST interface :)  This only worked via the region and unfortunately it was not being maintained,
so got dropped after the user and inventory service refactors.

3)  Construct and load IARs.  In principle, you might be able to do this via the 'REST remote console' (not the same as
the REST remote interface above), if you could place them at a known location on the filesystem and don't have a problem
with requiring the user password.

4)  WEBDAV via SimianGrid.  Don't know the details of this - only including it because others have mentioned it but I
believe it is a viable way :)

I suspect that all these methods will also require you to construct suitable assets.  This can be a bit hairy since some
of the formats (in particular the serialized object format) are largely undocumented and not very suitable for external use.

Re: Hypergrid 0.7.0.1+

Kesick, Nicholas Charles
Thanks Diva,

I printed the ini.examples (opensim.ini, robust.hg.ini) to make sure I didn't miss anything.  Read through them carefully, highlighted where to change, and checked.  It still runs ok up until "Waiting for Region Handshake".

What else would be helpful to check?
Robust and Opensim (region: TimberHG) are running on the same server (192.168.2.10). TimberHG is defined as DefaultRegion
Robust and Opensim (region: TimberHG) are connected to the same database
My 2nd region (Shelby) (added today) is running on another server (192.168.2.6), and also connects to ROBUST correctly.
The client is Hippo Viewer, and is on another client (192.168.2.3), but on the same network. Should remove any issues regarding NAT.

Ports are open on both servers.  On ROBUST/OpenSim Timber: 8002, 8003, 9000-9003. Both UDP and TCP to try and isolate issues.

On Robust, "show region TimberHG" and "show region Shelby" show output.

Show hyperlinks shows nothing.  Is this a problem?
Is there anything else I can check to figure out why it stops at "Waiting for Region Handshake"?

- Nicholas Kesick
Now at [hidden email]!

Re: Hypergrid 0.7.0.1+

>From: "Kesick, Nicholas Charles" <[hidden email]>
>I printed the ini.examples (opensim.ini, robust.hg.ini) to make sure
>I didn't miss anything.  Read through them carefully, highlighted
>where to change, and checked.  It still runs ok up until "Waiting
>for Region Handshake".

For a period with versions up to 0.6.x with some network setups on
our grid we found that the internal IP address for the regions (in
bin/Regions/*.ini files) had to be set to 127.0.0.1 rather than
0.0.0.0. And if this was left as the default 0.0.0.0 it stuck on
login exactly at the region handshake point.  We found this was not
needed from 0.7 onwards.

Re: Hypergrid 0.7.0.1+

Kesick, Nicholas Charles
No luck still. On PC, it refuses to log in, but works fine with Pocket Metaverse on the iPad.

I changed the regions file to say 127.0.0.1, and even the external IP (192.168.2.10), and my global IP.
I may just need to try recreating it from scratch (fresh install).

I did see this in the server output.  Might this explain why the viewer stops trying to log in?
"Couldn't set missing image asset, falling back to missing image packet. This is known to crash the client"

- Nicholas Kesick
Now at [hidden email]!