Hypergrid hop:// and Firestorm 4.4.1

aiaustin
One or two aspects of the hop:// URI handling has now improved in
Firestorm 4.4.1 which was released yesterday.. and within a grid
return hop:// addresses now work (previously they had a bug whereby
the viewer thought the target destination was at the 0,0 point on the
map).  Firestorm is now also register with the operating system (in
Windows anyway) as a URI helper for the hop:// protocol.  This could
mean you can have separate viewers registered to launch or be fed the
hop:// for OpenSim and secondlife:// for second Life without using
the latter for different grids.  As in 4.4.0, using a hop:// for a
grid  you have not visited before will lead to it automatically being
added to the Viewer OpenSim grid list and its [GridInfo] being
retrieved, the region/x/y/z preselected in the viewer log in
screen.  Also now if you try a hop:// when logged into second Life in
the viewer it gives a nice message explaining you cannot move from
second life to other grids. All very positive and getting closer to
this begin a much easier methods for grid hopping.

BUT... unfortunately... in my tests at least... some elements that
worked fine before in 4.4.0 now do not work.  Perhaps the fix to
handle local hopping between regions on the same grid has broken some
other elements.  In fact in my tests today I can no longer move
between grids at all, with the map or links in chat. If so that is a
serious bug (show stopper).

Can someone else test and confirm if I am right, or if I just missed
something?  I set up a test page with some sample hop:// URIs to move
between, all of which OUGHT to work in any order and the source
region hop:// URI printed out by the viewer in local chat should be
clickable whichever grid you are on too.

http://www.aiai.ed.ac.uk/~ai/hg.html

A Firestorm JIRA entry about this has some comments from me to report
this to the Firestorm team... which I will change if we can resolve
this on the OpenSim user side.  Thanks, Ai

http://jira.phoenixviewer.com/browse/FIRE-10549
http://jira.phoenixviewer.com/browse/FIRE-581

Re: Hypergrid hop:// and Firestorm 4.4.1

aiaustin
Cinder Biscuit of the Firestorm development team noted on 28/Jun/13,
02:39 PM +0100 at
http://jira.phoenixviewer.com/browse/FIRE-10549

 >> The hop URI form will be fixed. I'm rewriting it in the viewer,
and writing a spec for it so it can be handled uniformly across both
grids and viewers.