Hypergrid: incompatible coordinates

Paul Fishwick
I haven't tried hypergrid in a while, but after several attempts, I am
running into a coordinates
issue but it seems unrelated to the 4096 distance problem.  Here is the
setup: 64-bit Windows 7
at home running opensim32bitlaunch and 64-bit Ubuntu at work. I am not
using the diva distribution,
but hand-configured both home and work using the instructions:

http://opensimulator.org/wiki/Installing_and_Running_Hypergrid

 I successfully start up the home 2x2 opensim. Both home and work have
been configured as:

 1) [Network] variables configured to reflect the respective IPs
 2) WorldMapModule = "WorldMap", WorldMapModule = "HGWorldMapModule",
      and MapImageModule = "MapImageModule" are set
 3) The [Architecture] is set to hypergrid standalone
 4) 2x2 regions (with work being set as a megaregion)
 5) the coordinates for both is 1000,1000 as the root
 6) a home location (marker) is set in region 1000,1000 for both

the command from home is:   link-region 1004 1004 <workhostname> 9000 local
but other coordinates (such as 1010 1010) also have the same issue.....

with the result:

[HGrid]: linking to <workhostname>:9000
[HGrid]: successfully linked to region_uuid .....
[HGrid]: failed getting/storing map image, because it is probably in the
cache
[HGrid]: Unable to link, region has incompatible coordinates <1000,1000>

Has anyone received the "incompatible coordinates" error? One thing I
noticed was that
in the wiki instructions, different port numbers are used than the ones
found in OpenSim.ini.example.
In OpenSim.ini.example, we have:

grid_server_url uses 8003
user_server_url uses 8002
asset_server_url uses 8003
inventory_server_url uses 8003
messaging_server_url uses 8006

and in the wiki instructions the ports are 8001, 8002, 8003, 8004, and 8006.

-p

--
Paul Fishwick, PhD
Professor

Re: Hypergrid: incompatible coordinates

Diva Canto
Not sure if this is your situation, but you cannot link regions that are
on the exact same coordinates in different grids. The server better tell
you that, instead of letting you do it and then you ending up with a
client crash -- because the client gets all confused going from a
machine in 1000,1000 to another machine in 1000,1000.

Paul Fishwick wrote:

> I haven't tried hypergrid in a while, but after several attempts, I am
> running into a coordinates
> issue but it seems unrelated to the 4096 distance problem.  Here is the
> setup: 64-bit Windows 7
> at home running opensim32bitlaunch and 64-bit Ubuntu at work. I am not
> using the diva distribution,
> but hand-configured both home and work using the instructions:
>
> http://opensimulator.org/wiki/Installing_and_Running_Hypergrid
>
>  I successfully start up the home 2x2 opensim. Both home and work have
> been configured as:
>
>  1) [Network] variables configured to reflect the respective IPs
>  2) WorldMapModule = "WorldMap", WorldMapModule = "HGWorldMapModule",
>       and MapImageModule = "MapImageModule" are set
>  3) The [Architecture] is set to hypergrid standalone
>  4) 2x2 regions (with work being set as a megaregion)
>  5) the coordinates for both is 1000,1000 as the root
>  6) a home location (marker) is set in region 1000,1000 for both
>
> the command from home is:   link-region 1004 1004 <workhostname> 9000 local
> but other coordinates (such as 1010 1010) also have the same issue.....
>
> with the result:
>
> [HGrid]: linking to <workhostname>:9000
> [HGrid]: successfully linked to region_uuid .....
> [HGrid]: failed getting/storing map image, because it is probably in the
> cache
> [HGrid]: Unable to link, region has incompatible coordinates <1000,1000>
>

> Has anyone received the "incompatible coordinates" error? One thing I
> noticed was that
> in the wiki instructions, different port numbers are used than the ones
> found in OpenSim.ini.example.
> In OpenSim.ini.example, we have:
>
> grid_server_url uses 8003
> user_server_url uses 8002
> asset_server_url uses 8003
> inventory_server_url uses 8003
> messaging_server_url uses 8006
>
> and in the wiki instructions the ports are 8001, 8002, 8003, 8004, and 8006.
>

> -p

Re: Hypergrid: incompatible coordinates

Paul Fishwick
Well, that seems to be it (on the home machine, I changed the Regions\*
file coordinates
to a higher value (rooted at 1005,1005) and then linked-in the work
region to 1000,1000.
A couple of remaining issues though:

 1) A grey square shows up on my local map at 1000,1000 at home (the
hyperlinked area) - is there a map setting
     other than the ones mentioned in my last email so that the work
machine will issue the picture
     map of the (1000,1000) region, so that it doesn't show up as grey?

 2) I cannot TP to the linked region since I have the permissions module
set on opensim at work to limit
     access. Is there a way to specify which agents are allowed in via
hypergrid teleport or does one
     have to allow everyone in? I didn't see this addressed in the
wiki->security section.

-p

[hidden email] wrote:

> Not sure if this is your situation, but you cannot link regions that are
> on the exact same coordinates in different grids. The server better tell
> you that, instead of letting you do it and then you ending up with a
> client crash -- because the client gets all confused going from a
> machine in 1000,1000 to another machine in 1000,1000.
>
> Paul Fishwick wrote:
>
>> I haven't tried hypergrid in a while, but after several attempts, I am
>> running into a coordinates
>> issue but it seems unrelated to the 4096 distance problem.  Here is the
>> setup: 64-bit Windows 7
>> at home running opensim32bitlaunch and 64-bit Ubuntu at work. I am not
>> using the diva distribution,
>> but hand-configured both home and work using the instructions:
>>
>> http://opensimulator.org/wiki/Installing_and_Running_Hypergrid
>>
>>  I successfully start up the home 2x2 opensim. Both home and work have
>> been configured as:
>>
>>  1) [Network] variables configured to reflect the respective IPs
>>  2) WorldMapModule = "WorldMap", WorldMapModule = "HGWorldMapModule",
>>       and MapImageModule = "MapImageModule" are set
>>  3) The [Architecture] is set to hypergrid standalone
>>  4) 2x2 regions (with work being set as a megaregion)
>>  5) the coordinates for both is 1000,1000 as the root
>>  6) a home location (marker) is set in region 1000,1000 for both
>>
>> the command from home is:   link-region 1004 1004 <workhostname> 9000 local
>> but other coordinates (such as 1010 1010) also have the same issue.....
>>
>> with the result:
>>
>> [HGrid]: linking to <workhostname>:9000
>> [HGrid]: successfully linked to region_uuid .....
>> [HGrid]: failed getting/storing map image, because it is probably in the
>> cache
>> [HGrid]: Unable to link, region has incompatible coordinates <1000,1000>
>>

>> Has anyone received the "incompatible coordinates" error? One thing I
>> noticed was that
>> in the wiki instructions, different port numbers are used than the ones
>> found in OpenSim.ini.example.
>> In OpenSim.ini.example, we have:
>>
>> grid_server_url uses 8003
>> user_server_url uses 8002
>> asset_server_url uses 8003
>> inventory_server_url uses 8003
>> messaging_server_url uses 8006
>>
>> and in the wiki instructions the ports are 8001, 8002, 8003, 8004, and 8006.
>>

>> -p

Paul Fishwick, PhD
Professor
University of Florida
CISE Department, CSE 301
Gainesville, FL 32611
Email: [hidden email]
Web: http://www.cise.ufl.edu/~fishwick

Re: Hypergrid: incompatible coordinates

Kevin Buckley
That turned out to be my problem also (both using the default of 1000,
1000).  I changed one of them to 1100, 1100 and now it works just fine.
Interestingly, the single change of going from standalone to HGstandalone,
has also cured my grey AV, white hair/eyes problem.  I haven't tested this
'scientifically' but the single most likely change I made (apart from
setting hypergrid to true!) was to change all the grid server settings in
Opensim.ini from 127.0.0.1:800x to mydomain.com:xxxx (where xxxx is the port
number of each grid). - Regards, Kevin

Paul Fishwick wrote:

> I haven't tried hypergrid in a while, but after several attempts, I am
> running into a coordinates
> issue but it seems unrelated to the 4096 distance problem.  Here is the
> setup: 64-bit Windows 7
> at home running opensim32bitlaunch and 64-bit Ubuntu at work. I am not
> using the diva distribution,
> but hand-configured both home and work using the instructions:
>
> http://opensimulator.org/wiki/Installing_and_Running_Hypergrid
>
>  I successfully start up the home 2x2 opensim. Both home and work have
> been configured as:
>
>  1) [Network] variables configured to reflect the respective IPs
>  2) WorldMapModule = "WorldMap", WorldMapModule = "HGWorldMapModule",
>       and MapImageModule = "MapImageModule" are set
>  3) The [Architecture] is set to hypergrid standalone
>  4) 2x2 regions (with work being set as a megaregion)
>  5) the coordinates for both is 1000,1000 as the root
>  6) a home location (marker) is set in region 1000,1000 for both
>
> the command from home is:   link-region 1004 1004 <workhostname> 9000
local

> but other coordinates (such as 1010 1010) also have the same issue.....
>
> with the result:
>
> [HGrid]: linking to <workhostname>:9000
> [HGrid]: successfully linked to region_uuid .....
> [HGrid]: failed getting/storing map image, because it is probably in the
> cache
> [HGrid]: Unable to link, region has incompatible coordinates <1000,1000>
>

> Has anyone received the "incompatible coordinates" error? One thing I
> noticed was that
> in the wiki instructions, different port numbers are used than the ones
> found in OpenSim.ini.example.
> In OpenSim.ini.example, we have:
>
> grid_server_url uses 8003
> user_server_url uses 8002
> asset_server_url uses 8003
> inventory_server_url uses 8003
> messaging_server_url uses 8006
>
> and in the wiki instructions the ports are 8001, 8002, 8003, 8004, and
8006.

> -p

Re: Hypergrid: incompatible coordinates

Diva Canto
The map images stopped working at some point. Haven't had time to find
out what the problem is.

For the time being, and given that there are no global names in the
viewer to denote foreign users, you must make the region have public
access. (I'm sure there is a hacky way of going around that by adding
data to the database directly; or maybe turn off permissions, have your
foreign avie go in, then maybe the viewer will let you add it to the
allowed list, and you can turn permissions on again -- not sure if this
will work, maybe.)

Paul Fishwick wrote:

> [...]
>>> but other coordinates (such as 1010 1010) also have the same issue.....
>>>
>>> with the result:
>>>
>>> [HGrid]: linking to <workhostname>:9000
>>> [HGrid]: successfully linked to region_uuid .....
>>> [HGrid]: failed getting/storing map image, because it is probably in
>>> the cache
>>> [HGrid]: Unable to link, region has incompatible coordinates <1000,1000>
>>>

>>> Has anyone received the "incompatible coordinates" error? One thing I
>>> noticed was that
>>> in the wiki instructions, different port numbers are used than the
>>> ones found in OpenSim.ini.example.
>>> In OpenSim.ini.example, we have:
>>>
>>> grid_server_url uses 8003
>>> user_server_url uses 8002
>>> asset_server_url uses 8003
>>> inventory_server_url uses 8003
>>> messaging_server_url uses 8006
>>>
>>> and in the wiki instructions the ports are 8001, 8002, 8003, 8004,

Kevin
 You are right - different modules are loaded when in HG mode and these
modules seem to
contain code that correctly stores/distributes the avatar assets. The
normal standalone uses
modules that may contain a bug of some sort at least with regard to
avatar appearance.
 I made a note of this in mantis today:

-p

[hidden email] wrote:
> The map images stopped working at some point. Haven't had time to find
> out what the problem is.

OK
> For the time being, and given that there are no global names in the
> viewer to denote foreign users, you must make the region have public
> access.
It has public access ("Allow Public Access" is set in Region/Estate).
However, it also has the
defaultpermissionsmodule, so does one need to disable permissions
(username, password) to
get hypergrid TPs to work?
> (I'm sure there is a hacky way of going around that by adding
> data to the database directly; or maybe turn off permissions, have your
> foreign avie go in, then maybe the viewer will let you add it to the
> allowed list, and you can turn permissions on again -- not sure if this
> will work, maybe.)

hmm....  I will play around with it. If I can turn off permissions but
make it so that the Master User
is the only one who can edit assets and create prims, that might work. I
am OK with letting anyone
in -- I just don't want them to be able to create/edit.

-p

Paul Fishwick wrote:
> It has public access ("Allow Public Access" is set in Region/Estate).
> However, it also has the
> defaultpermissionsmodule, so does one need to disable permissions
> (username, password) to
> get hypergrid TPs to work?

No. I though you were saying you have an access list in that sim.
Permissions work exactly the same way in HG and non-HG.

I don't know in which way you are failing to TP. It may be that you
don't have your home region set. You cannot HG TP around without a home
region. For setting a home region, you need to set it, logout, and then
login again, or the viewer's cache will get in the way.

[hidden email] wrote:

> Paul Fishwick wrote:
>
>> It has public access ("Allow Public Access" is set in Region/Estate).
>> However, it also has the
>> defaultpermissionsmodule, so does one need to disable permissions
>> (username, password) to
>> get hypergrid TPs to work?
>>

> No. I though you were saying you have an access list in that sim.
> Permissions work exactly the same way in HG and non-HG.
>
> I don't know in which way you are failing to TP. It may be that you
> don't have your home region set. You cannot HG TP around without a home
> region. For setting a home region, you need to set it, logout, and then
> login again, or the viewer's cache will get in the way.

 I went back temporarily to the regular standalone architecture for
the two opensim installations - we'll call them  HOME and WORK. I
verified in each that
a home was set, since I could do "Teleport Home" in each, an it worked
fine. I also,
in each, set "accounts_authenticate = false" since this would appear to
be necessary for
HG? In any case, I can login as anyone and yet the permissions module is
enabled so only
the master user can edit/create on the land. So far, so good.

Now, that I know that accounts_authenticate is turned off and that each
opensim
has a home region set, I turned back on the hypergrid setting under
[Architecture] for both
HOME and WORK.

At HOME, I did link-region 1000 1000 <WORK IP> 9000 local

this fails to get the map image, but correctly links in the WORK opensim
at 1000, 1000.
I can see the grey square at the 1000,1000 location in the map.
With the hypergrid, back on, I am unable to "Teleport Home" let alone
teleport to 'local'
by clicking on the grey square and trying to teleport there. When I try
"Teleport Home", it
 is attempting to teleport to WORK's home since I can see this in WORK's
opensim log, when
it should be trying to teleport to HOME's home.

In any event, I get [Hgrid]: Access denied to foreign user on the WORK
log screen.

I realize I must be missing another essential step or setting. Thoughts?

-p

Paul Fishwick, PhD
Professor
University of Florida
CISE Department, CSE 301
Gainesville, FL 32611
Email: [hidden email]
Web: http://www.cise.ufl.edu/~fishwick

Re: Hypergrid: incompatible coordinates

Diva Canto
Ports blocked on firewall.

Paul Fishwick wrote:

> [hidden email] wrote:
>> Paul Fishwick wrote:
>>
>>> It has public access ("Allow Public Access" is set in Region/Estate).
>>> However, it also has the
>>> defaultpermissionsmodule, so does one need to disable permissions
>>> (username, password) to
>>> get hypergrid TPs to work?
>>>

>> No. I though you were saying you have an access list in that sim.
>> Permissions work exactly the same way in HG and non-HG.
>>
>> I don't know in which way you are failing to TP. It may be that you
>> don't have your home region set. You cannot HG TP around without a
>> home region. For setting a home region, you need to set it, logout,
>> and then login again, or the viewer's cache will get in the way.
>>
> I went back temporarily to the regular standalone architecture for
> the two opensim installations - we'll call them  HOME and WORK. I
> verified in each that
> a home was set, since I could do "Teleport Home" in each, an it worked
> fine. I also,
> in each, set "accounts_authenticate = false" since this would appear to
> be necessary for
> HG? In any case, I can login as anyone and yet the permissions module is
> enabled so only
> the master user can edit/create on the land. So far, so good.
>
> Now, that I know that accounts_authenticate is turned off and that each
> opensim
> has a home region set, I turned back on the hypergrid setting under
> [Architecture] for both
> HOME and WORK.
>
> At HOME, I did link-region 1000 1000 <WORK IP> 9000 local
>
> this fails to get the map image, but correctly links in the WORK opensim
> at 1000, 1000.
> I can see the grey square at the 1000,1000 location in the map.
> With the hypergrid, back on, I am unable to "Teleport Home" let alone
> teleport to 'local'
> by clicking on the grey square and trying to teleport there. When I try
> "Teleport Home", it
> is attempting to teleport to WORK's home since I can see this in WORK's
> opensim log, when
> it should be trying to teleport to HOME's home.
>
> In any event, I get [Hgrid]: Access denied to foreign user on the WORK
> log screen.
>
> I realize I must be missing another essential step or setting. Thoughts?
>
> -p

Re: Hypergrid: incompatible coordinates

Paul Fishwick
On the work unix machine, there are no blocked ports. On the home pc
machine, the usual
incoming ports are open (9000 through 9010, 8000 through 8010) and both
work and home
opensims can be accessed via the SL viewer using the FQDN fine when not
using the
HG architecture (i.e., when using regular standalone). Is there a
particular port or port range
that HG uses, not used in standalone? Perhaps I have not opened up
everything I need to
for HG.
-p

[hidden email] wrote:

> Ports blocked on firewall.
>
> Paul Fishwick wrote:
>> [hidden email] wrote:

>>> No. I though you were saying you have an access list in that sim.
>>> Permissions work exactly the same way in HG and non-HG.
>>>
>>> I don't know in which way you are failing to TP. It may be that you
>>> don't have your home region set. You cannot HG TP around without a
>>> home region. For setting a home region, you need to set it, logout,
>>> and then login again, or the viewer's cache will get in the way.
>>>
>> I went back temporarily to the regular standalone architecture for
>> the two opensim installations - we'll call them  HOME and WORK. I
>> verified in each that
>> a home was set, since I could do "Teleport Home" in each, an it
>> worked fine. I also,
>> in each, set "accounts_authenticate = false" since this would appear
>> to be necessary for
>> HG? In any case, I can login as anyone and yet the permissions module
>> is enabled so only
>> the master user can edit/create on the land. So far, so good.
>>
>> Now, that I know that accounts_authenticate is turned off and that
>> each opensim
>> has a home region set, I turned back on the hypergrid setting under
>> [Architecture] for both
>> HOME and WORK.
>>
>> At HOME, I did link-region 1000 1000 <WORK IP> 9000 local
>>
>> this fails to get the map image, but correctly links in the WORK
>> opensim at 1000, 1000.
>> I can see the grey square at the 1000,1000 location in the map.
>> With the hypergrid, back on, I am unable to "Teleport Home" let alone
>> teleport to 'local'
>> by clicking on the grey square and trying to teleport there. When I
>> try "Teleport Home", it
>> is attempting to teleport to WORK's home since I can see this in
>> WORK's opensim log, when
>> it should be trying to teleport to HOME's home.
>>
>> In any event, I get [Hgrid]: Access denied to foreign user on the
>> WORK log screen.
>>
>> I realize I must be missing another essential step or setting. Thoughts?
>>
>> -p

Paul Fishwick, PhD
Professor
University of Florida
CISE Department, CSE 301
Gainesville, FL 32611
Email: [hidden email]
Web: http://www.cise.ufl.edu/~fishwick

Re: Hypergrid: incompatible coordinates

Diva Canto
If it doesn't work it's either because (1) the home region isn't set; or
(2) the departing sim's http port is behind a firewall, therefore the
receiving sim is not able to verify the session; or (3) the user
information in the DB is wrong; or (4) miscellaneous configuration bugs.

Hence the reason for me to make the diva distro: 3 and 4 are eliminated.

Paul Fishwick wrote:

> On the work unix machine, there are no blocked ports. On the home pc
> machine, the usual
> incoming ports are open (9000 through 9010, 8000 through 8010) and both
> work and home
> opensims can be accessed via the SL viewer using the FQDN fine when not
> using the
> HG architecture (i.e., when using regular standalone). Is there a
> particular port or port range
> that HG uses, not used in standalone? Perhaps I have not opened up
> everything I need to
> for HG.
> -p
>
> [hidden email] wrote:
>> Ports blocked on firewall.
>>
>> Paul Fishwick wrote:

>>> I went back temporarily to the regular standalone architecture for
>>> the two opensim installations - we'll call them  HOME and WORK. I
>>> verified in each that
>>> a home was set, since I could do "Teleport Home" in each, an it
>>> worked fine. I also,
>>> in each, set "accounts_authenticate = false" since this would appear
>>> to be necessary for
>>> HG? In any case, I can login as anyone and yet the permissions module
>>> is enabled so only
>>> the master user can edit/create on the land. So far, so good.
>>>
>>> Now, that I know that accounts_authenticate is turned off and that
>>> each opensim
>>> has a home region set, I turned back on the hypergrid setting under
>>> [Architecture] for both
>>> HOME and WORK.
>>>
>>> At HOME, I did link-region 1000 1000 <WORK IP> 9000 local
>>>
>>> this fails to get the map image, but correctly links in the WORK
>>> opensim at 1000, 1000.
>>> I can see the grey square at the 1000,1000 location in the map.
>>> With the hypergrid, back on, I am unable to "Teleport Home" let alone
>>> teleport to 'local'
>>> by clicking on the grey square and trying to teleport there. When I
>>> try "Teleport Home", it
>>> is attempting to teleport to WORK's home since I can see this in
>>> WORK's opensim log, when
>>> it should be trying to teleport to HOME's home.
>>>
>>> In any event, I get [Hgrid]: Access denied to foreign user on the
>>> WORK log screen.
>>>
>>> I realize I must be missing another essential step or setting. Thoughts?
>>>
>>> -p

Re: Hypergrid: incompatible coordinates

Kevin Buckley
FWIW I now have HG working OK.  I use ports 9000-93xx for the various grids
and regions, and for the Opensim.ini for each grid, I've replaced all of the
grid port references that are set to 127.0.0.1 by default with mydomain.com,
and I've changed all the 800x ports to the HTTP listener port (9110 and 9300
for the 2 separate grids I'm using to test in my case).  On the router I've
just closed all the 800x ports and it all still works fine.  No other ports
are open apart from 90xx to 93xx and the 'default' ones (port 80 etc.).

One thing - yesterday, while I was trying to solve my incompatible
coordinates problem, I made some changes to opensim.ini which caused the
login to hang at "Waiting for region handshake". I reverted Opensim.ini to
its previous configuration but the region handshake problem persisted.  To
clear it, I had to also revert the Opensim MySQL database to its previous
instance, after which it all worked perfectly again. - Regards, Kevin

[hidden email] wrote:

> Ports blocked on firewall.
>
> Paul Fishwick wrote:
>> [hidden email] wrote:

>>> No. I though you were saying you have an access list in that sim.
>>> Permissions work exactly the same way in HG and non-HG.
>>>
>>> I don't know in which way you are failing to TP. It may be that you
>>> don't have your home region set. You cannot HG TP around without a
>>> home region. For setting a home region, you need to set it, logout,
>>> and then login again, or the viewer's cache will get in the way.
>>>
>> I went back temporarily to the regular standalone architecture for
>> the two opensim installations - we'll call them  HOME and WORK. I
>> verified in each that
>> a home was set, since I could do "Teleport Home" in each, an it
>> worked fine. I also,
>> in each, set "accounts_authenticate = false" since this would appear
>> to be necessary for
>> HG? In any case, I can login as anyone and yet the permissions module
>> is enabled so only
>> the master user can edit/create on the land. So far, so good.
>>
>> Now, that I know that accounts_authenticate is turned off and that
>> each opensim
>> has a home region set, I turned back on the hypergrid setting under
>> [Architecture] for both
>> HOME and WORK.
>>
>> At HOME, I did link-region 1000 1000 <WORK IP> 9000 local
>>
>> this fails to get the map image, but correctly links in the WORK
>> opensim at 1000, 1000.
>> I can see the grey square at the 1000,1000 location in the map.
>> With the hypergrid, back on, I am unable to "Teleport Home" let alone
>> teleport to 'local'
>> by clicking on the grey square and trying to teleport there. When I
>> try "Teleport Home", it
>> is attempting to teleport to WORK's home since I can see this in
>> WORK's opensim log, when
>> it should be trying to teleport to HOME's home.
>>
>> In any event, I get [Hgrid]: Access denied to foreign user on the
>> WORK log screen.
>>
>> I realize I must be missing another essential step or setting. Thoughts?
>>
>> -p

Paul Fishwick, PhD
Professor
University of Florida
CISE Department, CSE 301
Gainesville, FL 32611
Email: [hidden email]
Web: http://www.cise.ufl.edu/~fishwick

Re: Hypergrid: incompatible coordinates

Paul Fishwick
the diva distro works well. However, I also see the details of the
problem with the HG-enabled opensim that I made:

  1) enabled HG standalone on HOME machine
  2) launch viewer on this standalone and verify that "home" is
currently set
  3) WORLD->Teleport Home. Works fine, and I am teleported correctly.
  4) do a "link-region..." to WORK-IP
  5) step #4 works fine and the linked region shows in map
  6) try #3 again and it fails with [Hgrid] saying that it thinks that
home is on WORK-IP

the error from HG is:

 [Hgrid]: Local user is going to foreign region or foreign user is going
elsewhere
 --------------- Home -----------------
 <WORK-IP is listed here> along with the UUID and port

Does HG look for home other than how it is set via the viewer? I've
tried with 2 or 3
viewers, cleaning cache, but to no avail. As soon as I do
"link-region...", "home"
is reset and so Teleport-Home fails.

-p

[hidden email] wrote:

> If it doesn't work it's either because (1) the home region isn't set; or
> (2) the departing sim's http port is behind a firewall, therefore the
> receiving sim is not able to verify the session; or (3) the user
> information in the DB is wrong; or (4) miscellaneous configuration bugs.
>
> Hence the reason for me to make the diva distro: 3 and 4 are eliminated.
>
> Paul Fishwick wrote:
>
>> On the work unix machine, there are no blocked ports. On the home pc
>> machine, the usual
>> incoming ports are open (9000 through 9010, 8000 through 8010) and both
>> work and home
>> opensims can be accessed via the SL viewer using the FQDN fine when not
>> using the
>> HG architecture (i.e., when using regular standalone). Is there a
>> particular port or port range
>> that HG uses, not used in standalone? Perhaps I have not opened up
>> everything I need to
>> for HG.
>> -p
>>
>> [hidden email] wrote:
>>
>>> Ports blocked on firewall.

Paul Fishwick, PhD
Professor
University of Florida
CISE Department, CSE 301
Gainesville, FL 32611
Email: [hidden email]
Web: http://www.cise.ufl.edu/~fishwick

Re: Hypergrid: incompatible coordinates

Diva Canto
Your problem is (4): miscellaneous configuration bugs.
Specifically I have a feeling you have the exact same UUID for both
regions. If you're not careful with UUIDs being unique, all sorts of
strange things can happen.

[hidden email] wrote:
> Your problem is (4): miscellaneous configuration bugs.
> Specifically I have a feeling you have the exact same UUID for both
> regions. If you're not careful with UUIDs being unique, all sorts of
> strange things can happen.

Yeah - good point. I hadn't thought of duplicate UUIDs. I was using the
same .sql db content on
both work and home, and so they had the same region UUIDs.

-p