IAR default directory in Windows 7

AzeemSiddiqui
Hi Everyone!

I would like to know where does Open Simulator stores IAR files by default. I gave the command 'save iar firstname lastname /* userpassword' and now I am unable to locate any file with '.iar' extension while the console says '[INVENTORY ARCHIVER]: Saved archive for firstname lastname'. My Windows search seems to be broken for some reason  The Inventory Archive page on Open Simulator wiki does not tell anything about it either. Please help me.

Regards,
Azeem Ahmed Siddiqui

Re: IAR default directory in Windows 7

Fleep Tuque
Hi Azeem,

Your file structure should look something like:

-opensim_directory
  - addon-modules
  - bin
  - doc
  - share
  - ThirdParty
  - ThirdPartyLicenses
The IAR file will by default save to the /bin directory of your opensim installation.

Hope that helps and I'll add this information to the wiki page.

Thanks,

- Chris/Fleep

Chris M. Collins (Avatar: Fleep Tuque)
Center for Simulations & Virtual Environments Research (UCSIM)
UCIT Instructional & Research Computing
University of Cincinnati
406A Zimmer Hall
315 College Drive
PO BOX 210088
Cincinnati, OH 45221-0088
(513) 556-3018

http://ucsim.uc.edu
On Thu, Jul 11, 2013 at 7:37 AM, AzeemSiddiqui <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi Everyone!

I would like to know where does Open Simulator stores IAR files by default.
I gave the command 'save iar firstname lastname /* userpassword' and now I
am unable to locate any file with '.iar' extension while the console says
'[INVENTORY ARCHIVER]: Saved archive for firstname lastname'. My Windows
search seems to be broken for some reason  The Inventory Archive page on
Open Simulator wiki does not tell anything about it either. Please help me.

Regards,
Azeem Ahmed Siddiqui

Re: IAR default directory in Windows 7

R.Gunther
The get default saved in the opensim bin directory

On 2013-07-11 13:37, AzeemSiddiqui wrote:

> Hi Everyone!
>
> I would like to know where does Open Simulator stores IAR files by default.
> I gave the command 'save iar firstname lastname /* userpassword' and now I
> am unable to locate any file with '.iar' extension while the console says
> '[INVENTORY ARCHIVER]: Saved archive for firstname lastname'. My Windows
> search seems to be broken for some reason  The Inventory Archive page on
> Open Simulator wiki does not tell anything about it either. Please help me.
>
> Regards,
> Azeem Ahmed Siddiqui

Re: IAR default directory in Windows 7

Sarge Misfit
Isn't the console command

Which would save the file in the /bin directory.

On Thu, Jul 11, 2013 at 5:19 AM, Fleep Tuque <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Chris M
As others have noted; It will get saved to your /bin directory of where
ever you are running OpenSim from. If you want it to save else where
(such as the desktop for instance) you would need to specify the full
path as well as file name. For example: save iar Test User / password
"C:\Users\(username)\Desktop\somearchive.iar" . The quotes around the
path are only necessary if the path contains spaces.

Hope this helps =)

On 7/11/2013 6:37 AM, AzeemSiddiqui wrote:

> Hi Everyone!
>
> I would like to know where does Open Simulator stores IAR files by default.
> I gave the command 'save iar firstname lastname /* userpassword' and now I
> am unable to locate any file with '.iar' extension while the console says
> '[INVENTORY ARCHIVER]: Saved archive for firstname lastname'. My Windows
> search seems to be broken for some reason  The Inventory Archive page on
> Open Simulator wiki does not tell anything about it either. Please help me.
>
> Regards,
> Azeem Ahmed Siddiqui

OpenSim: 10 Region Standalone on 0.7.6 Dev
Physics: Open Dynamics Engine
OS: Windows 7 (x64)
CPU: AMD Phenom II X4 840 3.2 GHz
Memory: 11 GB DDR3
Database: MySQL 5.1.63 (x64)

Re: IAR default directory in Windows 7

AzeemSiddiqui
Thanks a lot. The command that Chris has told has fixed the problem.​ Previously, I wasn't able to find the IAR file in bin directory but now that I gave my desired location in the command, the file was created there.

Regards,
Azeem Ahmed Siddiqui