IAR loading causes weirdness in the inventory on master?

IAR loading causes weirdness in the inventory on master?

Chris M
I've recently compiled master a couple days ago (r/20170) and am
noticing some strangeness when attempting to load IAR files.

Once the IAR is set up to be loaded it will give an error message
saying: "[XINVENTORY]: System folder of type -1 already exists when
tried to add <folder name here> to 7a4aa304-f63b-4724-a697-f1b3edb5e105
for 3557bf78-5e34-4e6c-b37c-2a5a8527e3e2" and then proceed to load the
directory structure and assets.

Once this happens if I try to create a new folder it will give me this
message in the console: "[AGENT INVENTORY]: Failed to create folder for
user mewtwo0641 Alito 3557bf78-5e34-4e6c-b37c-2a5a8527e3e2" and an
attempt to delete the folder will result in a message saying "[AGENT
INVENTORY]: request to move folder 7e4317db-fbe0-a960-a92a-f259cd4c85d0
but folder not found"

Upon relog, the folders that the IAR should have created are not there,
and instead random folders and their content from the IAR file are now
located outside of the My Inventory folder. So I'd end up with something
resembling this at the very top directory:

Some random folder 1
Some random folder 2
My Inventory
     -- Some of the IAR load could be here or might not be
OpenSim Library
Some random folder 3

At this point the inventory seems partially corrupted and I am no longer
able to make any new folders without receiving the errors that the
folder can't be found, or get rid of the folders that appear outside of
My Inventory. Cache clears (both SL cache and /bin cache folders),
relogging, and server restarts didn't seem to make the issue go away.
Only way I could see to fix it was to restore from a recent database backup.

To test it, I restored my database backup and decided to try loading a
different known working IAR and got the same results. After which, I
restored my database again and reverted to a slightly older OpenSim
commit (r/20019) and the IARs load fine with no errors and no inventory
weirdness.

Is anyone else experiencing this?

Thanks!

--
OpenSim: 10 Region Standalone on 0.7.4 Dev
Physics: Open Dynamics Engine

Re: IAR loading causes weirdness in the inventory on master?

Opensimfan
hi,

this is strange yes, i haven't made iar yet, but i'll test it to see if i get the same.
are you working in grid mode or standalone?  maybe clear asset cache before
making a iar.

OpenSimFan

My Opensim/Second Life Blog
http://verwijs.wordpress.com

(Dutch, basic hardware/software help windows, Mac, Linux)
http://verwijs-pc.nl

My Twitter Page:
http://twitter.com/OpenSimFan

My Facebook page (be my friend, please )
http://www.facebook.com/andre.verwijs

My Google+ page (follow me please )
André Verwijs - Google+

Re: IAR loading causes weirdness in the inventory on master?

James Hughes
Watch for some inventory fixes from Justin then give it another shot.

--BlueWall

On 08/28/2012 02:07 PM, Chris wrote:

> I've recently compiled master a couple days ago (r/20170) and am
> noticing some strangeness when attempting to load IAR files.
>
> Once the IAR is set up to be loaded it will give an error message
> saying: "[XINVENTORY]: System folder of type -1 already exists when
> tried to add <folder name here> to 7a4aa304-f63b-4724-a697-f1b3edb5e105
> for 3557bf78-5e34-4e6c-b37c-2a5a8527e3e2" and then proceed to load the
> directory structure and assets.
>
> Once this happens if I try to create a new folder it will give me this
> message in the console: "[AGENT INVENTORY]: Failed to create folder for
> user mewtwo0641 Alito 3557bf78-5e34-4e6c-b37c-2a5a8527e3e2" and an
> attempt to delete the folder will result in a message saying "[AGENT
> INVENTORY]: request to move folder 7e4317db-fbe0-a960-a92a-f259cd4c85d0
> but folder not found"
>
> Upon relog, the folders that the IAR should have created are not there,
> and instead random folders and their content from the IAR file are now
> located outside of the My Inventory folder. So I'd end up with something
> resembling this at the very top directory:
>
> Some random folder 1
> Some random folder 2
> My Inventory
> -- Some of the IAR load could be here or might not be
> OpenSim Library
> Some random folder 3
>
> At this point the inventory seems partially corrupted and I am no longer
> able to make any new folders without receiving the errors that the
> folder can't be found, or get rid of the folders that appear outside of
> My Inventory. Cache clears (both SL cache and /bin cache folders),
> relogging, and server restarts didn't seem to make the issue go away.
> Only way I could see to fix it was to restore from a recent database
> backup.
>
> To test it, I restored my database backup and decided to try loading a
> different known working IAR and got the same results. After which, I
> restored my database again and reverted to a slightly older OpenSim
> commit (r/20019) and the IARs load fine with no errors and no inventory
> weirdness.
>
> Is anyone else experiencing this?
>
> Thanks!

Re: IAR loading causes weirdness in the inventory on master?

justincc
Yes, I introduced this regression in the early hours of last Saturday.  Give git master 7ea832d a shot and please report
if there are further issues.

Thanks very much for testing and reporting this, it's really helpful.

On 28/08/12 22:27, James Hughes wrote:

> Watch for some inventory fixes from Justin then give it another shot.
>
> --BlueWall
>
> On 08/28/2012 02:07 PM, Chris wrote:
>> I've recently compiled master a couple days ago (r/20170) and am
>> noticing some strangeness when attempting to load IAR files.
>>
>> Once the IAR is set up to be loaded it will give an error message
>> saying: "[XINVENTORY]: System folder of type -1 already exists when
>> tried to add <folder name here> to 7a4aa304-f63b-4724-a697-f1b3edb5e105
>> for 3557bf78-5e34-4e6c-b37c-2a5a8527e3e2" and then proceed to load the
>> directory structure and assets.
>>
>> Once this happens if I try to create a new folder it will give me this
>> message in the console: "[AGENT INVENTORY]: Failed to create folder for
>> user mewtwo0641 Alito 3557bf78-5e34-4e6c-b37c-2a5a8527e3e2" and an
>> attempt to delete the folder will result in a message saying "[AGENT
>> INVENTORY]: request to move folder 7e4317db-fbe0-a960-a92a-f259cd4c85d0
>> but folder not found"
>>
>> Upon relog, the folders that the IAR should have created are not there,
>> and instead random folders and their content from the IAR file are now
>> located outside of the My Inventory folder. So I'd end up with something
>> resembling this at the very top directory:
>>
>> Some random folder 1
>> Some random folder 2
>> My Inventory
>> -- Some of the IAR load could be here or might not be
>> OpenSim Library
>> Some random folder 3
>>
>> At this point the inventory seems partially corrupted and I am no longer
>> able to make any new folders without receiving the errors that the
>> folder can't be found, or get rid of the folders that appear outside of
>> My Inventory. Cache clears (both SL cache and /bin cache folders),
>> relogging, and server restarts didn't seem to make the issue go away.
>> Only way I could see to fix it was to restore from a recent database
>> backup.
>>
>> To test it, I restored my database backup and decided to try loading a
>> different known working IAR and got the same results. After which, I
>> restored my database again and reverted to a slightly older OpenSim
>> commit (r/20019) and the IARs load fine with no errors and no inventory
>> weirdness.
>>
>> Is anyone else experiencing this?
>>
>> Thanks!

http://justincc.org/blog

Re: IAR loading causes weirdness in the inventory on master?

zadark
Also noted the "[XINVENTORY]: System folder of type -1 already exists"  issue when when attempting buy into "My Suitcase"
As of 0c3061f the issue is fixed
zadark
> [...]

> >> folder can't be found, or get rid of the folders that appear outside of
> >> My Inventory. Cache clears (both SL cache and /bin cache folders),
> >> relogging, and server restarts didn't seem to make the issue go away.
> >> Only way I could see to fix it was to restore from a recent database
> >> backup.
> >>
> >> To test it, I restored my database backup and decided to try loading a
> >> different known working IAR and got the same results. After which, I
> >> restored my database again and reverted to a slightly older OpenSim
> >> commit (r/20019) and the IARs load fine with no errors and no inventory
> >> weirdness.
> >>
> >> Is anyone else experiencing this?
> >>
> >> Thanks!

> Justin Clark-Casey (justincc)
> http://justincc.org/blog
> http://twitter.com/justincc

Re: IAR loading causes weirdness in the inventory on master?

Just tested 7ea832d and it looks like IAR loading is functioning again =)

Thank you very much Justin and BlueWall!

On 8/28/2012 8:06 PM, Justin Clark-Casey wrote:

> [...]
>>> relogging, and server restarts didn't seem to make the issue go away.
>>> Only way I could see to fix it was to restore from a recent database
>>> backup.
>>>
>>> To test it, I restored my database backup and decided to try loading a
>>> different known working IAR and got the same results. After which, I
>>> restored my database again and reverted to a slightly older OpenSim
>>> commit (r/20019) and the IARs load fine with no errors and no inventory
>>> weirdness.
>>>
>>> Is anyone else experiencing this?
>>>
>>> Thanks!

OpenSim: 10 Region Standalone on 0.7.4 Dev
Physics: Open Dynamics Engine
OS: Windows 7 (x64)
CPU: AMD Phenom II X4 840 3.2 GHz
Memory: 11 GB DDR3
Database: MySQL 5.1.63 (x64)

Re: IAR loading causes weirdness in the inventory on master?

I have been seeing the yellow

     [AGENT INVENTORY] Failed to create folder for user ..

message for a few days Justin... on OSGrid and it shows twice for one avatar login.

I just updated my region server (though that may not help?) to the OSGRid release earlier today, but still see the message.

Re: IAR loading causes weirdness in the inventory on master?

Since loading an IAR while creating a new test avatar on OSGrid last
week sometime, I have been seeing the yellow

      [AGENT INVENTORY] Failed to create folder for user ..

message for a few days Justin... and it shows twice for one avatar login.

I just updated my region server (though that may not help?) to the
OSGRid release earlier today, but still see the message.

Re: IAR loading causes weirdness in the inventory on master?

Chris M
I have noticed that if you have inventory in which this bug previously
affected it, then the message will continue to pop up no matter what is
done afterwards. I actually had to restore from an earlier database back
up to get it to go away. Have you tried updating to 0.7.4 release or
latest master, and also try creating a new user and see if their
inventory is also affected?

On 9/12/2012 11:36 AM, aiaustin wrote:

> I have been seeing the yellow
>
>       [AGENT INVENTORY] Failed to create folder for user ..
>
> message for a few days Justin... on OSGrid and it shows twice for one avatar
> login.
>
> I just updated my region server (though that may not help?) to the OSGRid
> release earlier today, but still see the message.

OpenSim: 10 Region Standalone on 0.7.4 Dev
Physics: Open Dynamics Engine
OS: Windows 7 (x64)
CPU: AMD Phenom II X4 840 3.2 GHz
Memory: 11 GB DDR3
Database: MySQL 5.1.63 (x64)

Re: IAR loading causes weirdness in the inventory on master?

This could be because of an issue with new avatars where OpenSimulator was not allowing multiple calling card type
folders ("Friends" and "All") to be generated beneath the root level Calling Cards folder.

This was fixed relatively recently (in commit 7ea832d4 on Wed Aug 29 2012) but it requires an update of the ROBUST
inventory service and it's possible that osgrid hasn't done this yet.

In the mean time, you should be able to ignore those messages unless they are affect normal folder creation.

On 12/09/12 17:40, Ai Austin wrote:

> Since loading an IAR while creating a new test avatar on OSGrid last week sometime, I have been seeing the yellow
>
>       [AGENT INVENTORY] Failed to create folder for user ..
>
> message for a few days Justin... and it shows twice for one avatar login.
>
> I just updated my region server (though that may not help?) to the OSGRid release earlier today, but still see the message.

OSVW Consulting

Re: IAR loading causes weirdness in the inventory on master?

>From: Justin Clark-Casey <[hidden email]>
>This could be because of an issue with new avatars where
>OpenSimulator was not allowing multiple calling card type
>folders ("Friends" and "All") to be generated beneath the root level
>Calling Cards folder.
>
>This was fixed relatively recently (in commit 7ea832d4 on Wed Aug 29
>2012) but it requires an update of the ROBUST
>inventory service and it's possible that osgrid hasn't done this yet.
>
>In the mean time, you should be able to ignore those messages unless
>they are affect normal folder creation.

Thanks Justin. So, will a fix at the ROBUST level when OSGrid is
updated tidy it up?  Is that likely Justin or will this be a "forever
there" (ignorable) warning?

>From: Chris <[hidden email]>
>
>I have noticed that if you have inventory in which this bug previously
>affected it, then the message will continue to pop up no matter what is
>done afterwards. I actually had to restore from an earlier database back
>up to get it to go away.

Chris, Thanks.  My new regions are running the latest 0.7.5 dev
master, but as Justin says the OSGRid core services may not yet have
been updated past the faulty version from August. I also don't want
to ditch the avatar and start afresh as the avatar name relates to a
region theme and name we want to use Chris.