Install Diva Wifi on Linux Server

Timeka Cobb
Hey all!

Im trying to install Diva Wifi on my Linux VPS but its tough. I got
everything else setup beautifully but I want to give folks opportunity to
come onto world and create accounts. Most of the pages that give info
either are outdated or geared towards a windows server. I tried doing what
was on the bottom of this page but it didnt work:

http://blog.inf.ed.ac.uk/atate/2015/04/06/diva-wifi-on-windows/

How do I get Wifi to work with me or are there any alternatives that I can
use? Do I need Diva Distro for this to work or just add it into Opensim?
Thank you for the help its greatly appreciated!!

πŸ’,
Timeka Cobb

Re: Install Diva Wifi on Linux Server

Asaff Belfer
Hello,

Did you read this page?
http://www.metaverseink.com/blog/diva-addons/wifi-and-other-diva-addons/

Asaff

On Tue, Jan 8, 2019 at 6:13 AM Timeka Cobb <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hey all!
>
> Im trying to install Diva Wifi on my Linux VPS but its tough. I got
> everything else setup beautifully but I want to give folks opportunity to
> come onto world and create accounts. Most of the pages that give info
> either are outdated or geared towards a windows server. I tried doing what
> was on the bottom of this page but it didnt work:
>
> http://blog.inf.ed.ac.uk/atate/2015/04/06/diva-wifi-on-windows/
>
> How do I get Wifi to work with me or are there any alternatives that I can
> use? Do I need Diva Distro for this to work or just add it into Opensim?
> Thank you for the help its greatly appreciated!!
>
> πŸ’,
> Timeka Cobb

Re: Install Diva Wifi on Linux Server

Rob Lindman
Does Wifi work with 0.9.1?

On 2019-01-08 02:44, Asaff Belfer wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Did you read this page?
> http://www.metaverseink.com/blog/diva-addons/wifi-and-other-diva-addons/
>
> Asaff
>

> On Tue, Jan 8, 2019 at 6:13 AM Timeka Cobb <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> Hey all!
>>
>> Im trying to install Diva Wifi on my Linux VPS but its tough. I got
>> everything else setup beautifully but I want to give folks opportunity
>> come onto world and create accounts. Most of the pages that give info
>> either are outdated or geared towards a windows server. I tried doing
>> what
>> was on the bottom of this page but it didnt work:
>>
>> http://blog.inf.ed.ac.uk/atate/2015/04/06/diva-wifi-on-windows/
>>
>> How do I get Wifi to work with me or are there any alternatives that I
>> can
>> use? Do I need Diva Distro for this to work or just add it into
>> Opensim?
>> Thank you for the help its greatly appreciated!!
>>
>> πŸ’,
>> Timeka Cobb

---
Rob Lindman
Software Developer
https://roblindman.net/
316-361-6913

Re: Install Diva Wifi on Linux Server

Asaff Belfer
According to the Open Simulator website it is.

Asaff

On Tue, Jan 8, 2019 at 10:39 AM Rob Lindman <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Does Wifi work with 0.9.1?
>
> On 2019-01-08 02:44, Asaff Belfer wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > Did you read this page?
> > http://www.metaverseink.com/blog/diva-addons/wifi-and-other-diva-addons/
> >
> > Asaff
> >

> > On Tue, Jan 8, 2019 at 6:13 AM Timeka Cobb <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> >> Hey all!
> >>
> >> Im trying to install Diva Wifi on my Linux VPS but its tough. I got
> >> everything else setup beautifully but I want to give folks opportunity
> >> come onto world and create accounts. Most of the pages that give info
> >> either are outdated or geared towards a windows server. I tried doing
> >> what
> >> was on the bottom of this page but it didnt work:
> >>
> >> http://blog.inf.ed.ac.uk/atate/2015/04/06/diva-wifi-on-windows/
> >>
> >> How do I get Wifi to work with me or are there any alternatives that I
> >> can
> >> use? Do I need Diva Distro for this to work or just add it into
> >> Opensim?
> >> Thank you for the help its greatly appreciated!!
> >>
> >> πŸ’,
> >> Timeka Cobb
>
> ---
> Rob Lindman
> Software Developer
> https://roblindman.net/
> 316-361-6913

Re: Install Diva Wifi on Linux Server

Rob Lindman <[hidden email]> wrote:
>Does Wifi work with 0.9.1?

Yes it does... but you do need to amend all the prebuild*.xml files
to change from framework  4_0 to 4_6.  see

http://blog.inf.ed.ac.uk/atate/2018/12/12/diva-wifi/

Re: Install Diva Wifi on Linux Server

Rob Lindman
Thanks for this detail!

On 2019-01-08 06:12, Ai Austin wrote:

> Rob Lindman <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Does Wifi work with 0.9.1?
>
> Yes it does... but you do need to amend all the prebuild*.xml files to
> change from framework  4_0 to 4_6.  see
>
> http://blog.inf.ed.ac.uk/atate/2018/12/12/diva-wifi/

---
Rob Lindman
Software Developer
https://roblindman.net/
316-361-6913

Re: Install Diva Wifi on Linux Server

Timeka Cobb
Thank ya all for the help! I'm going to give up and try to change to a
windows vps..even though I love Ubuntu I noticed that building a virtual
world on that platform isn't going to work much. Thank you all againπŸ’™πŸ’Ÿ