Inventory Broken Links

Drover, Matt
To repair some database issues, I exported all my islands/users to oars/iars and imported them in a new grid. Everything worked great, except my current outfit is not rezing and in my inventory next to each item it says (broken link). I’ve checked and all the assets/textures are in the database, so I know they came over. What exactly does broken link mean? And how can I fix it?

Thanks.

-Matt

Re: Inventory Broken Links

Drover, Matt
This is affecting all my users, Is there a database type fix ? I assume the “avatars” table is where the links are?

-Matt

Re: Inventory Broken Links

Damean Paolino

Is it possible that when the OAR's were loaded, new asset ID's were assigned and no longer match the asset ID's in the inventory items table?

From: Michael Emory Cerquoni
> <[hidden email]<mailto:[hidden email]>>
> Date: Wednesday, December 17, 2014 at 12:01 PM
> To:
> "[hidden email]<mailto:[hidden email]>"
> <[hidden email]<mailto:[hidden email]>>
> Subject: Re: [Opensim-users] Inventory Broken Links
>
> You need to go into your current outfits folder and delete all the links
> there, then rewear your outfit, this should resolve your problem.
>
> On Wed, Dec 17, 2014 at 10:30 AM, Drover, Matt
> <[hidden email]<mailto:[hidden email]>> wrote:
> To repair some database issues, I exported all my islands/users to
> oars/iars and imported them in a new grid. Everything worked great, except
> my current outfit is not rezing and in my inventory next to each item it
> says (broken link). I’ve checked and all the assets/textures are in the
> database, so I know they came over. What exactly does broken link mean?
> And how can I fix it?
>
> Thanks.
>
> -Matt

> Michael Emory Cerquoni

___________________________
Karl M. Dreyer Jr.
In World Avi : Damean Paolino
Island Oasis, LLC Co-Founder | CIO
http://www.islandoasis.biz

Notice: The contents of this email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for the individual or entity to whom it is addressed. The content of this email message is not to be disclosed, copied, distributed, or shared with any person(s) or entities without the express consent of the sender. This message contains confidential information and is intended only for the individual named.

Re: Inventory Broken Links

Damean Paolino

One way to check this is to lookup a specific inventory item, grab the asset ID from the inventory table and see if you have a match in the asset DB.  I suspect this is the issue.

From: Michael Emory Cerquoni

___________________________
Karl M. Dreyer Jr.
In World Avi : Damean Paolino
Island Oasis, LLC Co-Founder | CIO
http://www.islandoasis.biz

Notice: The contents of this email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for the individual or entity to whom it is addressed. The content of this email message is not to be disclosed, copied, distributed, or shared with any person(s) or entities without the express consent of the sender. This message contains confidential information and is intended only for the individual named.

Re: Inventory Broken Links

Unfortunately this is a known issue (there's a Mantis for it somewhere).

The chief problem is that restoring the outfit inventory links isn't enough.  As you've guessed, the wearable data in
the avatar service also needs to be reconstituted.  This isn't yet done.

On 17/12/14 17:11, Drover, Matt wrote:

> This is affecting all my users, Is there a database type fix ? I assume the “avatars” table is where the links are?
>
> -Matt
>
> From: Michael Emory Cerquoni <[hidden email] <mailto:[hidden email]>>
> Date: Wednesday, December 17, 2014 at 12:01 PM
> To: "[hidden email] <mailto:[hidden email]>" <[hidden email]
> <mailto:[hidden email]>>
> Subject: Re: [Opensim-users] Inventory Broken Links
>
> You need to go into your current outfits folder and delete all the links there, then rewear your outfit, this should
> resolve your problem.
>
> On Wed, Dec 17, 2014 at 10:30 AM, Drover, Matt <[hidden email] <mailto:[hidden email]>> wrote:
>
>     To repair some database issues, I exported all my islands/users to oars/iars and imported them in a new grid.
>     Everything worked great, except my current outfit is not rezing and in my inventory next to each item it says
>     (broken link). I’ve checked and all the assets/textures are in the database, so I know they came over. What exactly
>     does broken link mean? And how can I fix it?
>
>     Thanks.
>
>     -Matt

> Michael Emory Cerquoni

OSVW Consulting

Re: Inventory Broken Links

Drover, Matt
Would it fix if I traced the links back to the original asset an transfer
it from the old db to the new one?

-Matt

On 2014-12-17, 2:23 PM, "Justin Clark-Casey" <[hidden email]>
wrote:

>Unfortunately this is a known issue (there's a Mantis for it somewhere).
>
>The chief problem is that restoring the outfit inventory links isn't
>enough.  As you've guessed, the wearable data in
>the avatar service also needs to be reconstituted.  This isn't yet done.
>
>On 17/12/14 17:11, Drover, Matt wrote:
>> This is affecting all my users, Is there a database type fix ? I assume
>>the ³avatars² table is where the links are?
>>
>> -Matt
>>
>> From: Michael Emory Cerquoni <[hidden email]
>><mailto:[hidden email]>>
>> Date: Wednesday, December 17, 2014 at 12:01 PM
>> To: "[hidden email]
>><mailto:[hidden email]>"
>><[hidden email]
>> <mailto:[hidden email]>>
>> Subject: Re: [Opensim-users] Inventory Broken Links
>>
>> You need to go into your current outfits folder and delete all the
>>links there, then rewear your outfit, this should
>> resolve your problem.
>>
>> On Wed, Dec 17, 2014 at 10:30 AM, Drover, Matt <[hidden email]
>><mailto:[hidden email]>> wrote:
>>
>>     To repair some database issues, I exported all my islands/users to
>>oars/iars and imported them in a new grid.
>>     Everything worked great, except my current outfit is not rezing and
>>in my inventory next to each item it says
>>     (broken link). I¹ve checked and all the assets/textures are in the
>>database, so I know they came over. What exactly
>>     does broken link mean? And how can I fix it?
>>
>>     Thanks.
>>
>>     -Matt

>> --
>> Michael Emory Cerquoni

>--
>Justin Clark-Casey (justincc)
>OSVW Consulting
>http://justincc.org
>http://twitter.com/justincc

Re: Inventory Broken Links

Michael Emory Cerquoni
I suppose that might work, it might just be easier to delete all the links in inventoryitems first I think if you reference every ones current outfit folder uuid to everything they have in inventoryitems and erase those items at least your users will be able to log in and re-wear their outfits again, nothing will be truly lost, they will just log in as a cloud or ruth until they reattach their stuff.  I think either way is of course risky move, so please do make sure you have a good backup before you attempt this!

On 2014-12-17, 2:23 PM, "Justin Clark-Casey" <[hidden email]>
wrote:

>Unfortunately this is a known issue (there's a Mantis for it somewhere).
>
>The chief problem is that restoring the outfit inventory links isn't
>enough.  As you've guessed, the wearable data in
>the avatar service also needs to be reconstituted.  This isn't yet done.
>
>On 17/12/14 17:11, Drover, Matt wrote:
>> This is affecting all my users, Is there a database type fix ? I assume
>>the ³avatars² table is where the links are?
>>
>> -Matt
>>
>> From: Michael Emory Cerquoni <[hidden email]
>><mailto:[hidden email]>>
>> Date: Wednesday, December 17, 2014 at 12:01 PM
>> To: "[hidden email]
>><mailto:[hidden email]>"
>><[hidden email]
>> <mailto:[hidden email]>>
>> Subject: Re: [Opensim-users] Inventory Broken Links
>>
>> You need to go into your current outfits folder and delete all the
>>links there, then rewear your outfit, this should
>> resolve your problem.
>>
>> On Wed, Dec 17, 2014 at 10:30 AM, Drover, Matt <[hidden email]
>><mailto:[hidden email]>> wrote:
>>
>>     To repair some database issues, I exported all my islands/users to
>>oars/iars and imported them in a new grid.
>>     Everything worked great, except my current outfit is not rezing and
>>in my inventory next to each item it says
>>     (broken link). I¹ve checked and all the assets/textures are in the
>>database, so I know they came over. What exactly
>>     does broken link mean? And how can I fix it?
>>
>>     Thanks.
>>
>>     -Matt

>> --
>> Michael Emory Cerquoni

>--
>Justin Clark-Casey (justincc)
>OSVW Consulting
>http://justincc.org
>http://twitter.com/justincc

Michael Emory Cerquoni

Re: Inventory Broken Links

Moving the linked assets will certainly be necessary and might work but I don't know for sure.

I was thinking one would also need the correct entries in the avatar service [1] to mirror that in the inventory linked
items (that whole mess is partly due to the original need to maintain compatibility with older viewers) but I've written
code before to insert outfit information from scratch via PHP [2] which didn't do that and I know that worked.

[1] http://opensimulator.org/wiki/AvatarService
[2] https://github.com/justincc/opensimulator-tools/tree/master/integration/php/src/programs/add-cabp

On 17/12/14 18:23, Drover, Matt wrote:

> Would it fix if I traced the links back to the original asset an transfer
> it from the old db to the new one?
>
> -Matt
>
> On 2014-12-17, 2:23 PM, "Justin Clark-Casey" <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>
>> Unfortunately this is a known issue (there's a Mantis for it somewhere).
>>
>> The chief problem is that restoring the outfit inventory links isn't
>> enough.  As you've guessed, the wearable data in
>> the avatar service also needs to be reconstituted.  This isn't yet done.
>>
>> On 17/12/14 17:11, Drover, Matt wrote:
>>> This is affecting all my users, Is there a database type fix ? I assume
>>> the ³avatars² table is where the links are?
>>>
>>> -Matt
>>>
>>> From: Michael Emory Cerquoni <[hidden email]
>>> <mailto:[hidden email]>>
>>> Date: Wednesday, December 17, 2014 at 12:01 PM
>>> To: "[hidden email]
>>> <mailto:[hidden email]>"
>>> <[hidden email]
>>> <mailto:[hidden email]>>
>>> Subject: Re: [Opensim-users] Inventory Broken Links
>>>
>>> You need to go into your current outfits folder and delete all the
>>> links there, then rewear your outfit, this should
>>> resolve your problem.
>>>
>>> On Wed, Dec 17, 2014 at 10:30 AM, Drover, Matt <[hidden email]
>>> <mailto:[hidden email]>> wrote:
>>>
>>>      To repair some database issues, I exported all my islands/users to
>>> oars/iars and imported them in a new grid.
>>>      Everything worked great, except my current outfit is not rezing and
>>> in my inventory next to each item it says
>>>      (broken link). I¹ve checked and all the assets/textures are in the
>>> database, so I know they came over. What exactly
>>>      does broken link mean? And how can I fix it?
>>>
>>>      Thanks.
>>>
>>>      -Matt

>>> --
>>> Michael Emory Cerquoni

>> --
>> Justin Clark-Casey (justincc)
>> OSVW Consulting
>> http://justincc.org
>> http://twitter.com/justincc

OSVW Consulting

Re: Inventory Broken Links

>On Wed, Dec 17, 2014 at 10:30 AM, Drover, Matt <[hidden email]
><mailto:[hidden email]>> wrote:
> >
> >     To repair some database issues, I exported all my
> islands/users to oars/iars and imported them in a new grid.
> >     Everything worked great, except my current outfit is not
> rezing and in my inventory next to each item it says
> >     (broken link). I?ve checked and all the assets/textures are
> in the database, so I know they came over. What exactly
> >     does broken link mean? And how can I fix it?

Matt, there is a way to manually repair the broken symbolic links
using the Firestorm viewer latest release 4.6.9  by right clicking on
any broken link and selecting "Replace Links"... but as you can
understand its a very laborious process and only suited for
identifying the actual assets that are still in their correct
place.  For those with many outfits or symbolic links. its much
better just to start from scratch and make new outfits.

I move all the broken "My Outfits" sub-folders into a new folder
"Broken Outfits" and use those as a guide to what I need in the
outfits, but the start from scratch.

Remember "Current Outfit" is broken as well, which is why every
avatar on the rebuilt grid will initially show as a cloud.  So every
avatar does need to select and wear a new outfit.  I provide a "Ruth"
new outfit or they can select whatever initial avatar they had for
that purpose for every avatar.

I have not tried your idea of doing data base changes to make this
smoother for users.   I just tell them on login to the rebuilt grid
to re-wear their basic body items and suitable clothing items and
then they will rez and not be a cloud.  Then they should save that
outfit again.

Re: Inventory Broken Links

Drover, Matt
Thanks Ai, Justin , Karl and Michael. If this is the only issue I find
from a full grid rebuild then I say I¹m pretty lucky.

I¹ll just get the users to rewear their clothes.

Thanks for the help.

-Matt

On 2014-12-17, 4:26 PM, "Ai Austin" <[hidden email]> wrote:

>>On Wed, Dec 17, 2014 at 10:30 AM, Drover, Matt <[hidden email]
>><mailto:[hidden email]>> wrote:
>> >
>> >     To repair some database issues, I exported all my
>> islands/users to oars/iars and imported them in a new grid.
>> >     Everything worked great, except my current outfit is not
>> rezing and in my inventory next to each item it says
>> >     (broken link). I?ve checked and all the assets/textures are
>> in the database, so I know they came over. What exactly
>> >     does broken link mean? And how can I fix it?
>

>Matt, there is a way to manually repair the broken symbolic links
>using the Firestorm viewer latest release 4.6.9  by right clicking on
>any broken link and selecting "Replace Links"... but as you can
>understand its a very laborious process and only suited for
>identifying the actual assets that are still in their correct
>place.  For those with many outfits or symbolic links. its much
>better just to start from scratch and make new outfits.
>
>I move all the broken "My Outfits" sub-folders into a new folder
>"Broken Outfits" and use those as a guide to what I need in the
>outfits, but the start from scratch.
>
>Remember "Current Outfit" is broken as well, which is why every
>avatar on the rebuilt grid will initially show as a cloud.  So every
>avatar does need to select and wear a new outfit.  I provide a "Ruth"
>new outfit or they can select whatever initial avatar they had for
>that purpose for every avatar.
>
>I have not tried your idea of doing data base changes to make this
>smoother for users.   I just tell them on login to the rebuilt grid
>to re-wear their basic body items and suitable clothing items and
>then they will rez and not be a cloud.  Then they should save that
>outfit again.

Re: Inventory Broken Links

Drover, Matt
I¹m back at this now that the holidays are over, here is what happened
last month. I exported all my users to iars and islands to oars. Created a
new world and imported them all. The users¹ current outfit got messed up
and now they cannot wear anything because of the error.²Cannot wear
blahblah until shape is downloaded." Which it never does.

I think my issue here is that I copied over the avatars table from the old
grid.

Any suggestions?

-Matt

On 2014-12-17, 4:26 PM, "Ai Austin" <[hidden email]> wrote:

>>On Wed, Dec 17, 2014 at 10:30 AM, Drover, Matt <[hidden email]
>><mailto:[hidden email]>> wrote:
>> >
>> >     To repair some database issues, I exported all my
>> islands/users to oars/iars and imported them in a new grid.
>> >     Everything worked great, except my current outfit is not
>> rezing and in my inventory next to each item it says
>> >     (broken link). I?ve checked and all the assets/textures are
>> in the database, so I know they came over. What exactly
>> >     does broken link mean? And how can I fix it?
>

>Matt, there is a way to manually repair the broken symbolic links
>using the Firestorm viewer latest release 4.6.9  by right clicking on
>any broken link and selecting "Replace Links"... but as you can
>understand its a very laborious process and only suited for
>identifying the actual assets that are still in their correct
>place.  For those with many outfits or symbolic links. its much
>better just to start from scratch and make new outfits.
>
>I move all the broken "My Outfits" sub-folders into a new folder
>"Broken Outfits" and use those as a guide to what I need in the
>outfits, but the start from scratch.
>
>Remember "Current Outfit" is broken as well, which is why every
>avatar on the rebuilt grid will initially show as a cloud.  So every
>avatar does need to select and wear a new outfit.  I provide a "Ruth"
>new outfit or they can select whatever initial avatar they had for
>that purpose for every avatar.
>
>I have not tried your idea of doing data base changes to make this
>smoother for users.   I just tell them on login to the rebuilt grid
>to re-wear their basic body items and suitable clothing items and
>then they will rez and not be a cloud.  Then they should save that
>outfit again.

Re: Inventory Broken Links

Mike Chase
They need to be wearing at least the basic skin, hair, eyes, shape for
things to work.  Most likely the Current Outfits folder is empty and so
they don't have these basic elements.

Mike

On 1/6/15 12:52 PM, Drover, Matt wrote:

> I¹m back at this now that the holidays are over, here is what happened
> last month. I exported all my users to iars and islands to oars. Created a
> new world and imported them all. The users¹ current outfit got messed up
> and now they cannot wear anything because of the error.²Cannot wear
> blahblah until shape is downloaded." Which it never does.
>
> I think my issue here is that I copied over the avatars table from the old
> grid.
>
> Any suggestions?
>
> -Matt
>
> On 2014-12-17, 4:26 PM, "Ai Austin" <[hidden email]> wrote:

>>> islands/users to oars/iars and imported them in a new grid.
>>> rezing and in my inventory next to each item it says
>>> in the database, so I know they came over. What exactly
>>
>> Matt, there is a way to manually repair the broken symbolic links
>> using the Firestorm viewer latest release 4.6.9  by right clicking on
>> any broken link and selecting "Replace Links"... but as you can
>> understand its a very laborious process and only suited for
>> identifying the actual assets that are still in their correct
>> place.  For those with many outfits or symbolic links. its much
>> better just to start from scratch and make new outfits.
>>
>> I move all the broken "My Outfits" sub-folders into a new folder
>> "Broken Outfits" and use those as a guide to what I need in the
>> outfits, but the start from scratch.
>>
>> Remember "Current Outfit" is broken as well, which is why every
>> avatar on the rebuilt grid will initially show as a cloud.  So every
>> avatar does need to select and wear a new outfit.  I provide a "Ruth"
>> new outfit or they can select whatever initial avatar they had for
>> that purpose for every avatar.
>>
>> I have not tried your idea of doing data base changes to make this
>> smoother for users.   I just tell them on login to the rebuilt grid
>> to re-wear their basic body items and suitable clothing items and
>> then they will rez and not be a cloud.  Then they should save that
>> outfit again.

Re: Inventory Broken Links

Drover, Matt
Is there a way I can “ruth” everyone ? Meaning add a specific shape to
every user.

-Matt

On 2015-01-06, 2:39 PM, "Mike Chase" <[hidden email]>
wrote:

>They need to be wearing at least the basic skin, hair, eyes, shape for
>things to work.  Most likely the Current Outfits folder is empty and so
>they don't have these basic elements.
>
>Mike
>
>On 1/6/15 12:52 PM, Drover, Matt wrote:
>> I¹m back at this now that the holidays are over, here is what happened
>> last month. I exported all my users to iars and islands to oars.
>>Created a
>> new world and imported them all. The users¹ current outfit got messed up
>> and now they cannot wear anything because of the error.²Cannot wear
>> blahblah until shape is downloaded." Which it never does.
>>
>> I think my issue here is that I copied over the avatars table from the
>>old
>> grid.
>>
>> Any suggestions?
>>
>> -Matt

>>> Matt, there is a way to manually repair the broken symbolic links
>>> using the Firestorm viewer latest release 4.6.9  by right clicking on
>>> any broken link and selecting "Replace Links"... but as you can
>>> understand its a very laborious process and only suited for
>>> identifying the actual assets that are still in their correct
>>> place.  For those with many outfits or symbolic links. its much
>>> better just to start from scratch and make new outfits.
>>>
>>> I move all the broken "My Outfits" sub-folders into a new folder
>>> "Broken Outfits" and use those as a guide to what I need in the
>>> outfits, but the start from scratch.
>>>
>>> Remember "Current Outfit" is broken as well, which is why every
>>> avatar on the rebuilt grid will initially show as a cloud.  So every
>>> avatar does need to select and wear a new outfit.  I provide a "Ruth"
>>> new outfit or they can select whatever initial avatar they had for
>>> that purpose for every avatar.
>>>
>>> I have not tried your idea of doing data base changes to make this
>>> smoother for users.   I just tell them on login to the rebuilt grid
>>> to re-wear their basic body items and suitable clothing items and
>>> then they will rez and not be a cloud.  Then they should save that
>>> outfit again.

Re: Inventory Broken Links

Mike Chase
I'm probably not the best person to answer for vanilla opensim.   I did
some work for InWorldz to support multiple items on attach points and
when I did that I added code to insure an avatar always had the basic
bits.   You could probably add database records to "ruth" the avatars.
Depending on how many you have that's probably the easiest approach.   I
don't have code in front of me but you can verify that this is the issue
by checking the attachments table in the database to see what its
populated with,  This used to be the avatarattachments table but I think
its just avatars now.  This might help.

On 1/6/15 1:17 PM, Drover, Matt wrote:

> Is there a way I can “ruth” everyone ? Meaning add a specific shape to
> every user.
>
> -Matt
>
> On 2015-01-06, 2:39 PM, "Mike Chase" <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>
>> They need to be wearing at least the basic skin, hair, eyes, shape for
>> things to work.  Most likely the Current Outfits folder is empty and so
>> they don't have these basic elements.
>>
>> Mike
>>
>> On 1/6/15 12:52 PM, Drover, Matt wrote:
>>> I¹m back at this now that the holidays are over, here is what happened
>>> last month. I exported all my users to iars and islands to oars.
>>> Created a
>>> new world and imported them all. The users¹ current outfit got messed up
>>> and now they cannot wear anything because of the error.²Cannot wear
>>> blahblah until shape is downloaded." Which it never does.
>>>
>>> I think my issue here is that I copied over the avatars table from the
>>> old
>>> grid.
>>>
>>> Any suggestions?
>>>
>>> -Matt

Re: Inventory Broken Links

I do have sample PHP code in [1] which show how to do that via service calls.  However, it pre-supposes using its own
example files - for instance add-inventory-items.php would need to be adapted to add the ruth clothing and body parts.

[1] https://github.com/justincc/opensimulator-tools/tree/master/integration/php/src/programs/add-cabp
On 06/01/15 18:17, Drover, Matt wrote:

> Is there a way I can “ruth” everyone ? Meaning add a specific shape to
> every user.
>
> -Matt
>
> On 2015-01-06, 2:39 PM, "Mike Chase" <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>
>> They need to be wearing at least the basic skin, hair, eyes, shape for
>> things to work.  Most likely the Current Outfits folder is empty and so
>> they don't have these basic elements.
>>
>> Mike
>>
>> On 1/6/15 12:52 PM, Drover, Matt wrote:
>>> I¹m back at this now that the holidays are over, here is what happened
>>> last month. I exported all my users to iars and islands to oars.
>>> Created a
>>> new world and imported them all. The users¹ current outfit got messed up
>>> and now they cannot wear anything because of the error.²Cannot wear
>>> blahblah until shape is downloaded." Which it never does.
>>>
>>> I think my issue here is that I copied over the avatars table from the
>>> old
>>> grid.
>>>
>>> Any suggestions?
>>>
>>> -Matt

OSVW Consulting

Re: Inventory Broken Links

Drover, Matt
I think I’m missing the link between “current outfit” and assets maybe.
The “current outfit” items should be the same as Wearables and attachments
listed in the avatars table correct?

I have the old grid still running so the data is still there for me to
work with. Would this work?:

On old server for each user
-export the current outfit inventory items and their associated assets
(via sql)
On new server for each user
-remove the current outfit inventory items
-remove the wearables and attachments from the avatars table
-import all the assets from above

-put the each users assets in the users inventory
-create the current outfit inventory items
-update wearables and attachments in avatars table

It will be a lot of scripting but should work right?

-Matt

On 2015-01-06, 5:12 PM, "Justin Clark-Casey" <[hidden email]>
wrote:

>I do have sample PHP code in [1] which show how to do that via service
>calls.  However, it pre-supposes using its own
>example files - for instance add-inventory-items.php would need to be
>adapted to add the ruth clothing and body parts.
>
>[1]
>https://github.com/justincc/opensimulator-tools/tree/master/integration/ph
>p/src/programs/add-cabp
>On 06/01/15 18:17, Drover, Matt wrote:
>> Is there a way I can “ruth” everyone ? Meaning add a specific shape to
>> every user.
>>
>> -Matt
>>
>> On 2015-01-06, 2:39 PM, "Mike Chase" <[hidden email]>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> They need to be wearing at least the basic skin, hair, eyes, shape for
>>> things to work.  Most likely the Current Outfits folder is empty and so
>>> they don't have these basic elements.
>>>
>>> Mike

>--
>Justin Clark-Casey (justincc)
>OSVW Consulting
>http://justincc.org
>http://twitter.com/justincc

Re: Inventory Broken Links

justincc
Current outfit items are actually just links to other items (you can see this if you right-click and select "find
original" on them).

(Ordinary) items in turn reference assets.  The asset contains the actual data (e.g. eye texture, colour, etc.).

If the avatar has no existing outfit entries in the avatars table then it's not necessary to populate it.  The viewer
will populate it when it reads the current outfit data.  This doesn't work the other way around.

So the steps are

1)  Make sure the assets existing in the destination installation.  For Ruth, they already will.
2)  Create the inventory items (e.g. at least hair, skin, shape, eyes, top and pants).  Every user will need a unique
item UUID but all items of the same type will reference the same asset UUID (e.g. all eyes reference the same eye asset).
3)  Create the inventory item links in the "Current Outfit" folder. In this case, the asset ID of the link actually
references the linked item UUID.  Again, all the item UUID links need to be unique.

This is not commonly done stuff.  As linked previously, [1] shows example PHP code for doing this kind of thing.  I also
extended and corrected [2] a tiny bit.

[1] https://github.com/justincc/opensimulator-tools/tree/master/integration/php/src/programs/add-cabp
[2] http://opensimulator.org/wiki/Attachment_Protocols

On 07/01/15 11:59, Drover, Matt wrote:

> I think I’m missing the link between “current outfit” and assets maybe.
> The “current outfit” items should be the same as Wearables and attachments
> listed in the avatars table correct?
>
> I have the old grid still running so the data is still there for me to
> work with. Would this work?:
>
> On old server for each user
> -export the current outfit inventory items and their associated assets
> (via sql)
> On new server for each user
> -remove the current outfit inventory items
> -remove the wearables and attachments from the avatars table
> -import all the assets from above
>
> -put the each users assets in the users inventory
> -create the current outfit inventory items
> -update wearables and attachments in avatars table
>
> It will be a lot of scripting but should work right?
>
> -Matt
>
> On 2015-01-06, 5:12 PM, "Justin Clark-Casey" <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>
>> I do have sample PHP code in [1] which show how to do that via service
>> calls.  However, it pre-supposes using its own
>> example files - for instance add-inventory-items.php would need to be
>> adapted to add the ruth clothing and body parts.
>>
>> [1]
>> https://github.com/justincc/opensimulator-tools/tree/master/integration/ph
>> p/src/programs/add-cabp
>> On 06/01/15 18:17, Drover, Matt wrote:
>>> Is there a way I can “ruth” everyone ? Meaning add a specific shape to
>>> every user.
>>>
>>> -Matt

>> --
>> Justin Clark-Casey (justincc)
>> OSVW Consulting
>> http://justincc.org
>> http://twitter.com/justincc

OSVW Consulting

Re: Inventory Broken Links

Drover, Matt
Just tried to rebake textures and got on error in my viewer that says
³Unable to find body  part named RuthHairFix in database. After a quick
search I see that there is actually no asset of inventoryitem with that
name. It¹s not in the current outfit so where is it being loaded from? I
assume it must be releated to my outfit issues.

I wrote a script to determine where my broken links are: My script takes
the ŒCurrent Outfit¹ links and works back to the Inventory Items then back
to the actual assets. Each one looks fine, so why would my viewer not be
able to download the item and/or report broken links.

I have also went into the assets and made sure the associated textures
exist and they do.

Here is the contents of my report.

Current Outfit Items

(current outfit asset link)
Inventory Name: pants_jeans_blue_basic
Inventory Asset ID: db7dd37b-be27-444f-af25-394a7c2135af
Asset Type: 24

(links inventory item)
Inventory Item Name: pants_jeans_blue_basic
Inventory AssetID: dbfdc3d8-16e9-593c-1fd6-f41f1f2a728c
Inventory Type: 18
Inventory Asset Type: 5

(asset)
Asset Name:
Asset Type: 5
Asset Size: 561
Inventory Name: sun glasses
Inventory Asset ID: d9cd6c08-0491-4c56-89bf-4441f78867b5
Asset Type: 24

Inventory Item Name: sun glasses
Inventory AssetID: 8fab925d-3ab5-49ee-b6d1-b55a3a8bd9df
Inventory Type: 6
Inventory Asset Type: 6

Asset Name:
Asset Type: 6
Asset Size: 44126
Inventory Name: Animal_Male
Inventory Asset ID: cbd3a5c9-a749-436d-8dce-dd6a6645a174
Asset Type: 24

Inventory Item Name: Animal_Male
Inventory AssetID: 868c66e8-c1a8-4636-09f3-c0cd982935af
Inventory Type: 18
Inventory Asset Type: 13

Asset Name:
Asset Type: 13
Asset Size: 1074
Inventory Name: New Eyes
Inventory Asset ID: 39b47c1a-3014-4897-9c98-0d2b913a8921
Asset Type: 24

Inventory Item Name: New Eyes
Inventory AssetID: 421dc881-dbd3-5c67-a996-1a7659943788
Inventory Type: 18
Inventory Asset Type: 13

Asset Name: From IAR
Asset Type: 13
Asset Size: 504
Inventory Name: New Hair
Inventory Asset ID: f6356064-496d-4715-a16c-e4196d43b19c
Asset Type: 24

Inventory Item Name: New Hair
Inventory AssetID: 7c356b68-c61b-e2a7-8c72-76a963ea9b20
Inventory Type: 18
Inventory Asset Type: 13

Asset Name: New Hair
Asset Type: 13
Asset Size: 761
Inventory Name: Male_asian_beard
Inventory Asset ID: aa9addb7-5880-4210-950d-e31099aae50a
Asset Type: 24

Inventory Item Name: Male_asian_beard
Inventory AssetID: bb93041f-44f4-14ea-3d38-370b1da242f9
Inventory Type: 18
Inventory Asset Type: 13

Asset Name:
Asset Type: 13
Asset Size: 734
Inventory Name: New Undershirt
Inventory Asset ID: 445bc7da-6b6c-4ef2-a4a7-f25d1fe89082
Asset Type: 24

Inventory Item Name: New Undershirt
Inventory AssetID: 98bbda35-3a51-701d-06c8-11ae85d547c3
Inventory Type: 18
Inventory Asset Type: 5

Asset Name: New Undershirt
Asset Type: 5
Asset Size: 548
Inventory Name: Jacket_shirt_check_blue
Inventory Asset ID: baebf286-8c17-4e86-a847-7cc77649590a
Asset Type: 24

Inventory Item Name: Jacket_shirt_check_blue
Inventory AssetID: 9687c9a6-8be7-3111-47f0-027c42d27f6c
Inventory Type: 18
Inventory Asset Type: 5

Asset Name:
Asset Type: 5
Asset Size: 602

Re: Inventory Broken Links

justincc
None of your data below says RuthHairFix.

OSVW Consulting