Inventory folders not sent to viewer

Ryan Farnham
Hello, there is one issue I am having with a grid setup, my grid has a
Asset/Inventory server, region server and Grid/Everything else server, so 3
servers in total.

I confirmed the inventory and asset server is functioning properly, the
inventory objects load in fine to non user defined folders but folders of
type -1 do not ever reach the viewer, this was tested both with FirestormOS
Release and Singularity Alpha as well as Alchemy just to be sure it was not
a viewer issue, it is not.

I also manually loaded using PHP the request to get folders via web
browser, that DOES show the folders in the XML response, so why are no user
defined folders showing up for people? This is a show stopping issue, I can
not open our grid without this one issue solved, I find nothing on google
about this at all!

I think it is also worth noting that even if I add folders to Objects
folder the folders never show up after I close and relog to the viewer,
they are however present and have correct My Inventory as parent, so I
rules out them not saving and such, it simply comes down to the packets
never being transmitted to the viewer as I had debug http all 5 on both the
region server and inventory server, I saw the region server request from
the inventory server and inventory responded back to the region server but
the region server never sent an outbound packet to the viewer for the
folder request, so from what I can tell the issue is at the region server
OpenSim.ini instance, I have found ZERO config options for inventory
related settings other than GridCommon.ini telling where to point the
service to and how many retries to do, that;s it, the online documentation
has been so far out of date and lacking for OpenSim, this is typical of
open source software so I wasn't at all surprised, lol.

Thanks for any ideas on what this could be, I await patiently for your
replies, if needed I can log the issue and submit those, but I am hoping it
is a simple configuration issue because other grids don't seem to have this
issue, can tell from lack of findings on Google on the matter, that leaves
configuration issue left really..

Re: Inventory folders not sent to viewer

Luisillo Contepomi
Only a idea...

I see in OpenSimDefaults.ini

    ; Capabilities for fetching inventory over HTTP rather than UDP
    ; FetchInventoryDescendents2 and FetchInventory2 are the ones used
in the latest Linden Lab viewers (from some point in the v2 series and
above)
    ; It appears that Linden Lab viewer 3.3.1 onwards will not work
properly if FetchInventoryDescendents2 and FetchInventory2 are not
enabled
    Cap_WebFetchInventoryDescendents = ""
    Cap_FetchInventoryDescendents2 = "localhost"
    Cap_FetchInventory2 = "localhost"

May be in your grid must be other than "localhost".... ¿?

Best regards,
Luisillo Contepomi

> Hello, there is one issue I am having with a grid setup, my grid has a
> Asset/Inventory server, region server and Grid/Everything else server, so 3
> servers in total.
>
> I confirmed the inventory and asset server is functioning properly, the
> inventory objects load in fine to non user defined folders but folders of
> type -1 do not ever reach the viewer, this was tested both with FirestormOS
> Release and Singularity Alpha as well as Alchemy just to be sure it was not
> a viewer issue, it is not.
>
> I also manually loaded using PHP the request to get folders via web
> browser, that DOES show the folders in the XML response, so why are no user
> defined folders showing up for people? This is a show stopping issue, I can
> not open our grid without this one issue solved, I find nothing on google
> about this at all!
>
> I think it is also worth noting that even if I add folders to Objects
> folder the folders never show up after I close and relog to the viewer,
> they are however present and have correct My Inventory as parent, so I
> rules out them not saving and such, it simply comes down to the packets
> never being transmitted to the viewer as I had debug http all 5 on both the
> region server and inventory server, I saw the region server request from
> the inventory server and inventory responded back to the region server but
> the region server never sent an outbound packet to the viewer for the
> folder request, so from what I can tell the issue is at the region server
> OpenSim.ini instance, I have found ZERO config options for inventory
> related settings other than GridCommon.ini telling where to point the
> service to and how many retries to do, that;s it, the online documentation
> has been so far out of date and lacking for OpenSim, this is typical of
> open source software so I wasn't at all surprised, lol.
>
> Thanks for any ideas on what this could be, I await patiently for your
> replies, if needed I can log the issue and submit those, but I am hoping it
> is a simple configuration issue because other grids don't seem to have this
> issue, can tell from lack of findings on Google on the matter, that leaves
> configuration issue left really..

Re: Inventory folders not sent to viewer

AJLDuarte
Hi
        Can't repo.
        User folder of type Unknown (-1) seems working fine.
        Created one with fs, cleared fs cache, and all there on relog.
Ubit

Re: Inventory folders not sent to viewer

Ryan Farnham
Hai Ubit, I have no issue when I use the grid server ROBUST but as soon as
I tell it to use ROBUST on another IP using same INI files on that new
server is when user folders don't work, I am about to try what Luisillo
suggested but that OpenSimDefaults,ini is same on both servers which are
not on the same machine as the region server, so in theory both machines
running inventory should work fine, but are not.

On Tue, Feb 20, 2018 at 8:08 AM AJLDuarte <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi
>         Can't repo.
>         User folder of type Unknown (-1) seems working fine.
>         Created one with fs, cleared fs cache, and all there on relog.
> Ubit

@Luisillo Contepomi sorry changing those in any way including commenting
them out and setting to the address of the inventory server lead to even
less functionaltiy.
I have got inventory working just by using it on the main grid robust
server, not what I wanted but it works so I'll just run with it that way,
so sadly moving inventory to another
machine is broken unless there is some other configuration other than
pointing InventoryServerURI to the address of the robust I want to run it,
heck I've even tried to run exactly
identical robusts just on different server machines and that doesn't work,
it must always be on the main grid machine for whatever reason.. same
config files, uploaded using FTP no
changes what so ever, that to me rules out ROBUST period and means
something on the region server OpenSim.exe side of things, so at least we
got that to go on.