Invisible Avatar needed (Diva)

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
5 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Invisible Avatar needed (Diva)

Marcus Alexander Link
Hi everyone,

i need some help with a default avatar (diva).
The skin has to be invisible, only attachments are shown.
Any suggestions ?

Thx in advance.
Marcus
_______________________________________________
Opensim-users mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.berlios.de/mailman/listinfo/opensim-users
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Invisible Avatar needed (Diva)

DZ-2
Aloha.

The current Master Branch should support the use of alpha skins.  I don't know if diva has ported the appearance patches to her distro yet or not.

You would need to create an alpha (invisible) texture, upload,   and use it as the texture for the head.upper and lower body textures in the "create a new skin" section of edit appearance ( using viewer 2 ).  Wear the skin in viewer 2 before you log out.  As long as you don't change the skin, it should remain invisible between viewer 1 and viewer 2 based sessions... All other avatars should see only your attachments as well.

D


On Thu, Dec 9, 2010 at 3:00 AM, <[hidden email]> wrote:


i need some help with a default avatar (diva).
The skin has to be invisible, only attachments are shown.
Any suggestions ?

Thx in advance.
Marcus




_______________________________________________
Opensim-users mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.berlios.de/mailman/listinfo/opensim-users
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Invisible Avatar needed (Diva)

aiaustin
In reply to this post by Marcus Alexander Link
 > i need some help with a default avatar (diva).

>You would need to create an alpha (invisible) texture, upload, and
>use it as the texture for ...


Remember that "Default Transparent Texture" is in the Inventory
Library and can be used for this without creating and uploading
another specific asset.

Better to use the regular textures where you can for uniformity and
minimality.  See also Default Media Texture.  Also conveniently these
have the same UUID as the equivalents in Sec9nd Life and thus their
UUID and the LSL constants for these UUIDs allow for regular use in
LSL functions across SL and OpenSim.

_______________________________________________
Opensim-users mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.berlios.de/mailman/listinfo/opensim-users
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Invisible Avatar needed (Diva)

Marcus Alexander Link
Hi dz, Ai,

Following the instructions - using the LL Viewer 2, the avatar remains
to be a cloud.
I am going to give it another try, once the 0.7.1 (diva) is available.

Thx,
Marcus


On Thu, Dec 9, 2010 at 11:00 PM, Ai Austin <[hidden email]> wrote:

>> i need some help with a default avatar (diva).
>
>> You would need to create an alpha (invisible) texture, upload, and use it
>> as the texture for ...
>
>
> Remember that "Default Transparent Texture" is in the Inventory Library and
> can be used for this without creating and uploading another specific asset.
>
> Better to use the regular textures where you can for uniformity and
> minimality.  See also Default Media Texture.  Also conveniently these have
> the same UUID as the equivalents in Sec9nd Life and thus their UUID and the
> LSL constants for these UUIDs allow for regular use in LSL functions across
> SL and OpenSim.
>
> _______________________________________________
> Opensim-users mailing list
> [hidden email]
> https://lists.berlios.de/mailman/listinfo/opensim-users
>



--
http://www.marbleisle.com
Mobile: +49 1577 422 0000
_______________________________________________
Opensim-users mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.berlios.de/mailman/listinfo/opensim-users
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Invisible Avatar needed (Diva)

GarminKawaguichi

----- Original Message -----
From: "Marcus Alexander Link" <[hidden email]>
To: <[hidden email]>
Sent: Friday, December 10, 2010 12:20 AM
Subject: Re: [Opensim-users] Invisible Avatar needed (Diva)


the avatar remains to be a cloud.
----- Original Message -----

Try in the viewer menu : Debug Setting => RenderUnloadedAvatar = True

GCI
_______________________________________________
Opensim-users mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.berlios.de/mailman/listinfo/opensim-users