Is there a quick way to recover the region UUID for a region where region.ini file is not available

Is there a quick way to recover the region UUID for a region where region.ini file is not available

aiaustin
I have some experimental regions on OSGrid ...

e.g. the region called "Vue-Rig" that was located at 6401,6400 on OSGrid map.

Is there a quick way to find the regions previous UUID when the
server that it was sat on is inaccessible?

Re: Is there a quick way to recover the region UUID for a region where region.ini file is not available

Jeff Kelley
At 10:58 AM +0000 19/2/14, Ai Austin wrote:

>Is there a quick way to find the regions previous UUID when the
>server that it was sat on is inaccessible?

Did you keep a landmark?

-- Jeff

Re: Is there a quick way to recover the region UUID for a region where region.ini file is not available

Jeff Kelley
<mailto:opensim-users%40lists.berlios.de?Subject=Re%3A%20%5BOpensim-users%5D%20Is%20there%20a%20quick%20way%20to%20recover%20the%20region%20UUID%0A%20for%20a%20region%20where%20region.ini%20file%20is%20not%20available&In-Reply-To=%3Cp0624081ccf2a41e78b77%40%5B192.168.0.21%5D%3E>opensim
at pescadoo.net
 > Did you keep a landmark?

'fraid not. I can still see the map tiles on the map for the regions
that were there are not online.  But wondered if there was a way to
find the UUIDs of OSGrid regions where "Ai Austin" avatar is the owner?

I know the xloc/yloc so can then easily recreate the .ini file I lost.

At 1:27 PM +0000 19/2/14, Ai Austin wrote:

>>  Did you keep a landmark?
>
>'fraid not. I can still see the map tiles on the map for the regions
>that were there
>are not online.  But wondered if there was a way to find the UUIDs of OSGrid
>regions where "Ai Austin" avatar is the owner?

The source for the uuid is the region file. Then, it is written to
the 'regions' table as long as the simulator is running. This is the
only place where the (id x name) mapping is stored. If the simulator
quits, the row gets deleted (this is what I observe in my standalone).

However, if somebody teleported directly to your region from his
grid, he should still have a record in his database
(<a href="http://hg.osgrid.org:80:">http://hg.osgrid.org:80: Vue-Rig). Unfortunately, I only have
Vue-Port since this is your recommended HG gateway. This is how I
know that Vue-Port is 2aa49e09-f1b1-4f20-8ae3-55e0399a674c.

Another place where the region uuid is used is the 'prims' table. So,
supposing you get a copy of the simulator database and remember the
name of an object belonging to the region, you can recover the region
uuid.

-- Jeff

Re: Is there a quick way to recover the region UUID for a region where region.ini file is not available

Michael Emory Cerquoni
If the regions are still on the grid and you are the owner you can log into the website and and under "Account" then "My Profile" you will get a list of your regions and uuids.

However, if somebody teleported directly to your region from his grid, he should still have a record in his database (http://hg.osgrid.org:80: Vue-Rig). Unfortunately, I only have Vue-Port since this is your recommended HG gateway. This is how I know that Vue-Port is 2aa49e09-f1b1-4f20-8ae3-55e0399a674c.

Another place where the region uuid is used is the 'prims' table. So, supposing you get a copy of the simulator database and remember the name of an object belonging to the region, you can recover the region uuid.

-- Jeff

Michael Emory Cerquoni

Re: Is there a quick way to recover the region UUID for a region where region.ini file is not available

Thanks Neb and Jeff.  My problem was that the machine these regions
was hosted on went down, hence the regions were no longer on-line, so
I could not use the usual methods to see what the region UUID had
been.  I found I did not have a backup of the regions.ini files involved...

Anyway, I was able to recover the disk from the faulty machine and
have the files intact now as of this morning when the failure
occurred... and as you can imagine I have made sure my backups are
abuot more comprehensive now :-)

Thanks folks.  Our OSGrid regions are back up on a rebuilt server.