Is there any way to supress name display above the head in SL Client?

Is there any way to supress name display above the head in SL Client?

Han Xu
Hi there,

The name is usually displayed above the avatar's head. But I don't really like it. Can I disable it in my client? Thanks!

Best,
Han

Re: Is there any way to supress name display above the head in SL Client?

Fleep Tuque
Most clients offer options about how to display user names, but it may vary from client to client where the settings are.  Generally though, try the Edit > Preferences > General tab and look under the Nametags option.  For example in Imprudence, you can set it to Never show, Temporarily show, or Always show nametags.

- Chris/Fleep

Chris M. Collins (SL/OS: Fleep Tuque)
Center for Simulations & Virtual Environments Research (UCSIM)
UCIT Instructional & Research Computing
University of Cincinnati
406A Zimmer Hall
315 College Drive
PO BOX 210088
Cincinnati, OH 45221-0088
(513) 556-3018

http://ucsim.uc.edu

On Fri, May 4, 2012 at 7:56 AM, Han Xu <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi there,

The name is usually displayed above the avatar's head. But I don't really like it. Can I disable it in my client? Thanks!

Best,
Han

Re: Is there any way to supress name display above the head in SL Client?

Han Xu
Chris!

Ja, I found the option in my second life client. It's lcoated at Preferences -> General -> Name Tags. When I chose Off and the name disappeared from the screen.
Thanks for your information! Nice Weekend!

Cheers,
Han