Items purchased on Hypergrid never delivered in inventory...

Items purchased on Hypergrid never delivered in inventory...

aiaustin

>From: Luca Villani <[hidden email]>
>All looks fine, except hypergrid purchasing: purchased items are never
>delivered in inventory.

Luca... can you see any (red) errors reported on the OpenSim.exe
console for the region where the Hypergrid visitor is obtaining the
item that is not coming into inventory... at the time they try to
take the item?

I am seeing a similar... but not identical.. issue where a HG visitor
takes a copy of a full perm item (or clicks to get the contents of a
box given) and they appear to arrive in the My Suitcase folder.  But
on return to the visitors home grid those items will not rez and
report unable to find assets by UUID

See http://opensimulator.org/mantis/view.php?id=7397

Re: Items purchased on Hypergrid never delivered in inventory...

Luca Villani
Il 13/02/2015 13:52, Ai Austin ha scritto:

>> All looks fine, except hypergrid purchasing: purchased items are never
>> delivered in inventory.
>
> Luca... can you see any (red) errors reported on the OpenSim.exe console
> for the region where the Hypergrid visitor is obtaining the item that is
> not coming into inventory... at the time they try to take the item?

No error at all, in both robust and simulator console log.
But after five minutes after sending my e-mail (as usual) I'd found the
problem: authentication on Robust server.

Setting authentication in both Robust.ini and OpenSim.ini

    AuthType = "BasicHttpAuthentication"
    HttpAuthUsername = "an_uncommon_user_name"
    HttpAuthPassword = "a_very_robust_password"

has this side effect: no hypergrid purchased items are delivered in My
Suitcase folder of the user's inventory.

Removing authentication configuration restore usual simulator behaviour.

> I am seeing a similar... but not identical.. issue where a HG visitor
> takes a copy of a full perm item (or clicks to get the contents of a box
> given) and they appear to arrive in the My Suitcase folder.  But on
> return to the visitors home grid those items will not rez and report
> unable to find assets by UUID
>
> See http://opensimulator.org/mantis/view.php?id=7397

Never see this problem on my simulator, now I'm at work but later in the
afternoon I will try on Openvue and AiLand grids.

--
Luca Villani  -  OpenSailing.org, NOC manager

UIN: 76272621    Skype: luca.villani
GPG public key available

Re: Items purchased on Hypergrid never delivered in inventory...

Shaun T. Erickson
On 2/13/15 7:52 AM, Ai Austin wrote:

>> From: Luca Villani <[hidden email]>
>> All looks fine, except hypergrid purchasing: purchased items are never
>> delivered in inventory.
>
> Luca... can you see any (red) errors reported on the OpenSim.exe
> console for the region where the Hypergrid visitor is obtaining the
> item that is not coming into inventory... at the time they try to take
> the item?
>
> I am seeing a similar... but not identical.. issue where a HG visitor
> takes a copy of a full perm item (or clicks to get the contents of a
> box given) and they appear to arrive in the My Suitcase folder.  But
> on return to the visitors home grid those items will not rez and
> report unable to find assets by UUID
>
> See http://opensimulator.org/mantis/view.php?id=7397
I'm running the latest Dev code and items purchased on the Kitely Market
are delivered to me, on my grid, perfectly.

One of my residents is having the issue that AI Austin mentions, however
- but only with Craft Grid. When he goes there and gets items in their
freebie store, they all appear to go into his suitcase fine, but as
mentioned "... on return to [my] grid those items will not rez and
report unable to find assets by UUID".

-ste

Il 13/02/2015 14:07, Luca Villani ha scritto:

>> I am seeing a similar... but not identical.. issue where a HG visitor
>> takes a copy of a full perm item (or clicks to get the contents of a box
>> given) and they appear to arrive in the My Suitcase folder.  But on
>> return to the visitors home grid those items will not rez and report
>> unable to find assets by UUID
>>
>> See http://opensimulator.org/mantis/view.php?id=7397
>
> Never see this problem on my simulator, now I'm at work but later in the
> afternoon I will try on Openvue and AiLand grids.

I can confirm the behaviour for OpenVUE.

Platforms I test from:

- standard diva installation
- hypergrid enabled standalone opensimulator
- robust + opensimulator

Actions done:

- creation of a new user with empty inventory
- set home for the new user
- hypergrid jump to virtual.aiai.ed.ac.uk:8002:OpenVCE
- copy object containing buildings near landing area
- teleport home
- rez the object

Got error on all platforms.

No errors displayed in Robust console, but got

14:51:39 - [InventoryAccessModule]: Could not find asset
71855161-bed8-4c2f-8f19-5c1db30ec115 for item OpenVCE - Buildings
aa587792-0bde-4632-b9c2-6d87974bb9bf for Alex Dragomir in RezObject()

in OpenSim console.

On 13/02/15 13:07, Luca Villani wrote:

> Il 13/02/2015 13:52, Ai Austin ha scritto:
>

>>> All looks fine, except hypergrid purchasing: purchased items are never
>>> delivered in inventory.
>>
>> Luca... can you see any (red) errors reported on the OpenSim.exe console
>> for the region where the Hypergrid visitor is obtaining the item that is
>> not coming into inventory... at the time they try to take the item?
>
> No error at all, in both robust and simulator console log.
> But after five minutes after sending my e-mail (as usual) I'd found the
> problem: authentication on Robust server.
>
> Setting authentication in both Robust.ini and OpenSim.ini
>
>      AuthType = "BasicHttpAuthentication"
>      HttpAuthUsername = "an_uncommon_user_name"
>      HttpAuthPassword = "a_very_robust_password"
>
> has this side effect: no hypergrid purchased items are delivered in My
> Suitcase folder of the user's inventory.
>
> Removing authentication configuration restore usual simulator behaviour.

If I were to guess, I would say that the auth details above are being applied to the HGSuitcaseInventoryService when
they should not (this is the service exposed by your home grid to foreign grids so that suitcase inventory operations
can be carried out [1]).

 From reading the config, the Robust.HG.ini has the line

HGInventoryServiceConnector = "HGInventoryService@8002/OpenSim.Server.Handlers.dll:XInventoryInConnector"

which is triggering instantiation of the XInventoryInConnector which later loads the suitcase service with the section

[HGInventoryService]
     ; For the InventoryServiceInConnector
     LocalServiceModule    = "OpenSim.Services.HypergridService.dll:HGSuitcaseInventoryService"

Unfortunately, XInventoryInConector sets up authentication (because it's also the one used for ordinary inventory
access).  I believe this is a bug as foreign grids are not going to know auth details.

Are you in a position to test this with master code?  If so I can knock up a solution but I don't know when I would get
time to test for myself.  I'd also ideally like Crista to comment in case I'm barking up the wrong tree.

OSVW Consulting

Il 13/02/2015 22:19, Justin Clark-Casey ha scritto:

> Are you in a position to test this with master code?  If so I can knock
> up a solution but I don't know when I would get time to test for
> myself.  I'd also ideally like Crista to comment in case I'm barking up
> the wrong tree.

Yes, I can make tests for this.
Let me know when I can perform a checkout, you can contact me in pvt: