[JVWR] Call for Editors

Tzafnat Shpak
JVWR (the Journal of Virtual Worlds Research) is looking for a Prime Editor
and co-editors to lead a special issue due for publication 2018Q4.
<https://jvwresearch.us2.list-manage.com/track/click?u=de4fa2a435382cb1fa67cb708&id=61f7732039&e=790f62627f>
JVWR
Call for Editors
View this email in your browser
<https://mailchi.mp/a190f8369944/jvwr-call-for-editors-for-a-special-issue?e=790f62627f>
Call for Editors

July 9, 2018

The JVWR (Journal of Virtual Worlds Research) is looking for a *Prime
Editor* and optional 1-3 *co-editors* (you can join as a group) to *lead a
special issue* due for publication 2018Q4.

Issue editors take full charge of one issue. They craft the call (CfP =
Call for Papers), share it, solicit the papers, manage the review process,
supervise the final publications, and distribute the news about the release
– all using our internal state of the art publishing process.

If you have an interest and background in a specific Virtual World
sub-field, as well as experience in academic editing, please send us your
suggestion for a topical issue.

You will:

   - Develop a detailed call.
   - Review and decide on abstracts and full papers.
   - Coordinate with reviewers.
   - Use our publication system -- extensively (be also versed with Google
   docs, Skype, Zoom, and other current tools.)
   - Be a deadline-targeted & taking-charge person.
   - Work as a single editor or add one or more co-editors.
   - Able to write a short intro including your view/vision/insight on the
   field.
   - Get the academic credit as an editor.

Read more about becoming JVWR editors on our website for issue editors page
<https://jvwresearch.us2.list-manage.com/track/click?u=de4fa2a435382cb1fa67cb708&id=33a2a75091&e=790f62627f>
.

Motivation and Scope

The JVWR seeks to develop a special issue dedicated to an exploration of
one topic as an umbrella concept of research with relations to virtual
worlds.

*Suggested topics may include but are not limited to the following
concepts:*

   - Mind
   - Autism
   - New ways of teaching
   - Psychology
   - 3D Printing
   - Simulations
   - Money
   - Hardware
   - VR/AR
   - AI
   - and more…

Please reply by the *end of July 2018* to [hidden email]
<info@jvwresearch?subject=Editor%20for%20Assembled%202016>, with an
academic CV and a cover letter, listing your target subject and publishing
and editing experience.

If you have colleagues who may be interested in becoming editors or
co-editors, please feel free to forward this call further.
  Further Information

The Journal of Virtual Worlds Research (*#TheJVWR*)
(*http://www.jvwresearch.org/
<https://jvwresearch.us2.list-manage.com/track/click?u=de4fa2a435382cb1fa67cb708&id=bc17d30d5f&e=790f62627f>*)
is an online, open access academic journal that engages a wide spectrum of
scholarship. We welcome contributions from the many disciplines and
approaches that intersect with virtual worlds research.

*Subscribe
<https://jvwresearch.us2.list-manage.com/track/click?u=de4fa2a435382cb1fa67cb708&id=2167797785&e=790f62627f>*
receive announcements about new calls and issues.

For additional information about the journal, please contact:
*[hidden email]
<[hidden email]>*
<https://jvwresearch.us2.list-manage.com/track/click?u=de4fa2a435382cb1fa67cb708&id=d9fbded066&e=790f62627f>
JVWR Call for Editors
Photo by Inzmam Khan from Pexels
<https://jvwresearch.us2.list-manage.com/track/click?u=de4fa2a435382cb1fa67cb708&id=29f1f91578&e=790f62627f>
<https://jvwresearch.us2.list-manage.com/track/click?u=de4fa2a435382cb1fa67cb708&id=222895c347&e=790f62627f>
<https://jvwresearch.us2.list-manage.com/track/click?u=de4fa2a435382cb1fa67cb708&id=c0a0150691&e=790f62627f>
*Copyright© 2018 Journal of Virtual Worlds Research, All rights reserved.*