The JVWR (Journal of Virtual Worlds Research) is looking for a *Prime
Editor* and optional 1-3 *co-editors* (you can join as a group) to *lead a
special issue* due for publication 2018Q4.
Issue editors take full charge of one issue. They craft the call (CfP =
Call for Papers), share it, solicit the papers, manage the review process,
supervise the final publications, and distribute the news about the release
– all using our internal state of the art publishing process.
If you have an interest and background in a specific Virtual World
sub-field, as well as experience in academic editing, please send us your
suggestion for a topical issue.
- Develop a detailed call.
- Review and decide on abstracts and full papers.
- Coordinate with reviewers.
- Use our publication system -- extensively (be also versed with Google
docs, Skype, Zoom, and other current tools.)
- Be a deadline-targeted & taking-charge person.
- Work as a single editor or add one or more co-editors.
- Able to write a short intro including your view/vision/insight on the
- Get the academic credit as an editor.
The JVWR seeks to develop a special issue dedicated to an exploration of
one topic as an umbrella concept of research with relations to virtual
*Suggested topics may include but are not limited to the following
- New ways of teaching
- 3D Printing
- and more…
Please reply by the *end of July 2018* to [hidden email] <info@jvwresearch?subject=Editor%20for%20Assembled%202016>, with an
academic CV and a cover letter, listing your target subject and publishing
and editing experience.
If you have colleagues who may be interested in becoming editors or
co-editors, please feel free to forward this call further.