[JVWR] Call for JVWR Reviewers

Tzafnat Shpak

Call for Reviewers
View this email in your browser

Call for Reviewers

June 22, 2016

The Journal of Virtual Worlds Research (JVWR) is an online, international, open access academic journal that adheres to the highest standards. Manuscripts submitted to the JVWR will generally be reviewed by 3-5 reviewers in the field. We aim to provide a fast and thorough review, and the reviewers′ assistance in this process is much appreciated.

The benefits of being a JVWR reviewer:

  1. A step for becoming a future author.
  2. A critical step for becoming an issue editor.
  3. Enjoy our Double-Open review policy – it’s a good opportunity to meet colleagues and fellow authors. See details.
  4. Help the Editorial Team select high quality academic papers for publication thus ensuring continuation of JVWR excellent reputation in the field.
  5. Reviewer's rating enables editors select the best, quick, accurate and knowledgeable reviewers. No one else sees this rating.
  6. Get on our Recognized Reviewers list. See the list.
  7. Receive JVWR special appreciation certificate.

Due to the volume of submissions to the journal, JVWR is looking for reviewers to help the editorial team select the best academic papers for publication. We are seeking scholars interested in serving our volunteer editorial team.

As a reviewer you will be asked by the issue editors to review papers and provide constructive feedback about the merits of submissions in terms of quality and contribution to the field. JVWR expects to receive reviews in a timely, collegial manner, with a high level of expertise, objectivity and insightful evaluation of the manuscripts. Note our Double-Open policy.
To learn more about the journal see About JVWR > Overview.

How to:

To be considered as a reviewer you will need to become a JVWR reader:
  • First, please make sure you subscribe to the journal, if you are not already a subscriber. See top left of JVWR homepage.
  • Then register to open a reader/author account in our publishing system (TDL). Make sure you check the "Reader" checkbox. It is recommended to also check the "Author" checkbox if you intend to submit a paper even if at a later stage.
  • Login to our publishing system (top right menu of JVWR homepage).  The "HowTo" document is available here.
  • Fill in your profile with as many details as you can to entice editors to pick you up as a reviewer for their issue.
  • Email the Coordinating Editor (tzafnat.shpak AT jvwresearch DOT org) a cover letter including your professional resume, academic editing experience, as well as your interest in the Virtual Worlds domain.
  • Upon the Managing Editor's decision, you will be notified of receiving reviewer's rights
  • Login to the system and complete your profile with “Reviewing Interests” to ensure that papers in your line of expertise reach you. (Mind you: we do deal with virtual worlds so this is a self-evident 'interest'. At the top of that section please write "[2016]". Reviewers without an updated 'Reviewing Interests' will be unrolled from the system.
Editors will be able now to contact you directly, based on your interests and experience.

Looking forward to hearing from you,

Thankfully,

Prof. Yesha Sivan
Editor in Chief
The Journal of Virtual Worlds Research

Copyright © 2016 Journal of Virtual Worlds Research, All rights reserved.