LL Viewer 1.23.4 avatar clouds

Paul Fishwick
Has anyone had issues with getting avatars (or bots) to render correctly in
opensim using the new 1.23.4 LL viewer? "Edit->Appearance" is grayed-out so
cannot be set for the avatar. Also, stopping and restarting the open server
seems not to solve the problem. I am using OpenSim 0.6.6 build 10115
using standalone mode (with the default Sqlite db) and Windows XP.

One workaround I found on the web seemed to work for me (creating "hair"
caused the opensim ruth to appear) and then I had to create clothing.
Is there a way this manual process can be avoided or perhaps this is a
necessary
condition for using the new viewer...?

-p

--
Paul Fishwick, PhD
Professor and Director, Digital Arts and Sciences Programs