LSL-Status, Constants & More

WhiteStar Magic
I have spent the past several hours updating the OpenSim wiki with regards to LSL / OSSL Status information as it hasn’t had a major update since the last time I did it in 2010.

Following have be updated:
http://opensimulator.org/wiki/LSL_Status/Functions (current to Today’s LL-LSL & OpenSim deployment,   NB: requires functions to be tested/verified & table updated to reflect)
http://opensimulator.org/wiki/LSL_Status/Constants (NEW current to Today’s LL-LSL & OpenSim deployment)
http://opensimulator.org/wiki/OSSL_Implemented (updated to Current State and added new base pages for previously un-documented functions.)
http://opensimulator.org/wiki/OSSL_Constants (NEW current to Today’s Master)

For those interested in doing so, feel free to test the llFunctions and update the table according to your results.

Have a Terrific Day everyone.
WhiteStar

Re: LSL-Status, Constants & More

Dr Ramesh Ramloll
Thanks a LOT. This is awesome.

On Thu, Mar 1, 2012 at 2:20 PM, WhiteStar Magic <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I have spent the past several hours updating the OpenSim wiki with regards
> to LSL / OSSL Status information as it hasn’t had a major update since the
> last time I did it in 2010.
>
> Following have be updated:
> http://opensimulator.org/wiki/Scripting_Documentation
> http://opensimulator.org/wiki/Scripting_Documentation#Scripting_System_Status
> (added this new section for ease of access & use)
> http://opensimulator.org/wiki/LSL_Status/Functions (current to Today’s
> LL-LSL & OpenSim deployment,   NB: requires functions to be tested/verified
> & table updated to reflect)
> http://opensimulator.org/wiki/LSL_Status/Constants (NEW current to Today’s
> LL-LSL & OpenSim deployment)
> http://opensimulator.org/wiki/OSSL_Implemented (updated to Current State and
> added new base pages for previously un-documented functions.)
> http://opensimulator.org/wiki/OSSL_Constants (NEW current to Today’s Master)
>
> For those interested in doing so, feel free to test the llFunctions and
> update the table according to your results.
>
> Have a Terrific Day everyone.
> WhiteStar

Rameshsharma Ramloll PhD, CEO CTO DeepSemaphore LLC, Affiliate
Research Associate Professor, Idaho State University, Pocatello, ID
83209 Tel: 208-240-0040
Blog, LinkedIn, DeepSemaphore LLC, Google+ profile

Re: LSL-Status, Constants & More

Karen Palen
THANK YOU!

From all of us who refer to that wiki!

Karen

On 03/01/2012 04:18 PM, Dr Ramesh Ramloll wrote:

> Thanks a LOT. This is awesome.
>
> On Thu, Mar 1, 2012 at 2:20 PM, WhiteStar Magic <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> I have spent the past several hours updating the OpenSim wiki with regards
>> to LSL / OSSL Status information as it hasn’t had a major update since the
>> last time I did it in 2010.
>>
>> Following have be updated:
>> http://opensimulator.org/wiki/Scripting_Documentation
>> http://opensimulator.org/wiki/Scripting_Documentation#Scripting_System_Status
>> (added this new section for ease of access & use)
>> http://opensimulator.org/wiki/LSL_Status/Functions (current to Today’s
>> LL-LSL & OpenSim deployment,   NB: requires functions to be tested/verified
>> & table updated to reflect)
>> http://opensimulator.org/wiki/LSL_Status/Constants (NEW current to Today’s
>> LL-LSL & OpenSim deployment)
>> http://opensimulator.org/wiki/OSSL_Implemented (updated to Current State and
>> added new base pages for previously un-documented functions.)
>> http://opensimulator.org/wiki/OSSL_Constants (NEW current to Today’s Master)
>>
>> For those interested in doing so, feel free to test the llFunctions and
>> update the table according to your results.
>>
>> Have a Terrific Day everyone.
>> WhiteStar

Re: LSL-Status, Constants & More

ssm2017
thank you for the effort

Le 2 mars 2012 00:20, Karen Palen <[hidden email]> a écrit :

> THANK YOU!
>
> From all of us who refer to that wiki!
>
> Karen
>
> On 03/01/2012 04:18 PM, Dr Ramesh Ramloll wrote:
>> Thanks a LOT. This is awesome.
>>
>> On Thu, Mar 1, 2012 at 2:20 PM, WhiteStar Magic <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>> I have spent the past several hours updating the OpenSim wiki with regards
>>> to LSL / OSSL Status information as it hasn’t had a major update since the
>>> last time I did it in 2010.
>>>
>>> Following have be updated:
>>> http://opensimulator.org/wiki/Scripting_Documentation
>>> http://opensimulator.org/wiki/Scripting_Documentation#Scripting_System_Status
>>> (added this new section for ease of access & use)
>>> http://opensimulator.org/wiki/LSL_Status/Functions (current to Today’s
>>> LL-LSL & OpenSim deployment,   NB: requires functions to be tested/verified
>>> & table updated to reflect)
>>> http://opensimulator.org/wiki/LSL_Status/Constants (NEW current to Today’s
>>> LL-LSL & OpenSim deployment)
>>> http://opensimulator.org/wiki/OSSL_Implemented (updated to Current State and
>>> added new base pages for previously un-documented functions.)
>>> http://opensimulator.org/wiki/OSSL_Constants (NEW current to Today’s Master)
>>>
>>> For those interested in doing so, feel free to test the llFunctions and
>>> update the table according to your results.
>>>
>>> Have a Terrific Day everyone.
>>> WhiteStar

Re: LSL-Status, Constants & More

justincc
Absolutely.  Great stuff WhiteStar, thanks very much.

On 02/03/12 00:14, ssm2017 wrote:

> thank you for the effort
>
> Le 2 mars 2012 00:20, Karen Palen<[hidden email]>  a écrit :
>> THANK YOU!
>>
>>  From all of us who refer to that wiki!
>>
>> Karen
>>
>> On 03/01/2012 04:18 PM, Dr Ramesh Ramloll wrote:
>>> Thanks a LOT. This is awesome.

http://justincc.org/blog

Re: LSL-Status, Constants & More

Fleep Tuque
Wow, WhiteStar!  I have a new student who's trying to figure out the differences between scripting in Second Life and Opensim and just referred him to those pages yesterday but wasn't sure how up-to-date they were, this will definitely help a ton!  :)

Thanks!

- Chris/Fleep

Chris M. Collins (SL/OS: Fleep Tuque)
Center for Simulations & Virtual Environments Research (UCSIM)
UCIT Instructional & Research Computing
University of Cincinnati
406A Zimmer Hall
315 College Drive
PO BOX 210088
Cincinnati, OH 45221-0088
(513) 556-3018

http://ucsim.uc.edu

On Thu, Mar 1, 2012 at 4:20 PM, WhiteStar Magic <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Chris/Fleep,

You might have your student look into some of the subtle differences between the parsers.

I have spotted several cases where the OpenSIm parser seems to be more thorough than the Second Life parser and flags things as errors which the SL parser allows.

The only one that comes to mind right now is where the OpenSim parser enforces strict scoping rules for loop counters. This came up with a script (Free Prim Skirt Builder I think) which used the variable "I" for every loop counter, but had several layers of loops within loops - all using "I" as loop counter!

This may or may not function correctly depending on the language's scoping rules, but it is clearly is very bad practice and produces unreadable code!

My suspicion is that the Second Life parser is quite inconsistent in this regard and as a result there are some very badly written scripts around!

I have not been able to properly investigate and quantify this, but maybe a student with "fresh eyes" could identify some of these for us all.

Karen

On 03/02/2012 04:49 AM, Fleep Tuque wrote:
[...]

core
thanks whitestar for your time and efforts. this is a huge help for
those of us muddling through what works and what doesn't.

core