LSL and Json?

John Hopkin
I'm porting some LSL scripted products from SL to OpenSim grids, but
some of these scripts use the SL JSON functions (llJsonGetValue(),
llJsonSetValue() and so on), for which there appear to be no direct
equivalents in OpenSim.

Is this something that's planned for the future?
--
John Hopkin

Re: LSL and Json?

R.Gunther
The Json lsls command are pretty new in SL, sofar i know there's no
version in Opensim right now.

On 11/27/2013 12:27 PM, John Hopkin wrote:
> I'm porting some LSL scripted products from SL to OpenSim grids, but
> some of these scripts use the SL JSON functions (llJsonGetValue(),
> llJsonSetValue() and so on), for which there appear to be no direct
> equivalents in OpenSim.
>
> Is this something that's planned for the future?

Re: LSL and Json?

Gwyneth Llewelyn
+1 to anyone who implements the new SL JSON functions in OpenSim's LSL :) so we can write code in one way and port it across platforms.

OpenSim *does* have its own JSON implementation, but you have to write your script in C# I believe.

On 27 November 2013 12:12, R.Gunther <[hidden email]> wrote:
The Json lsls command are pretty new in SL, sofar i know there's no version in Opensim right now.

On 11/27/2013 12:27 PM, John Hopkin wrote:
I'm porting some LSL scripted products from SL to OpenSim grids, but
some of these scripts use the SL JSON functions (llJsonGetValue(),
llJsonSetValue() and so on), for which there appear to be no direct
equivalents in OpenSim.

Is this something that's planned for the future?

"I'm not building a game. I'm building a new country."
  -- Philip "Linden" Rosedale, interview to Wired, 2004-05-08

"I'm not building a game. I'm building a new country."
  -- Philip "Linden" Rosedale, interview to Wired, 2004-05-08

Re: LSL and Json?

John Hopkin
And I'll add +1 to your +1. It's that portability that's particularly
important to retain, as long as we want to encourage people to move
into OpenSim from SL.

Thanks, all.

Gwyneth Llewelyn wrote:

> +1 to anyone who implements the new SL JSON functions in OpenSim's LSL :)
> so we can write code in one way and port it across platforms.
>
> OpenSim *does* have its own JSON implementation, but you have to write your
> script in C# I believe.
>

> On 27 November 2013 12:12, R.Gunther <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > The Json lsls command are pretty new in SL, sofar i know there's no
> > version in Opensim right now.
> >
> > On 11/27/2013 12:27 PM, John Hopkin wrote:
> >
> >> I'm porting some LSL scripted products from SL to OpenSim grids, but
> >> some of these scripts use the SL JSON functions (llJsonGetValue(),
> >> llJsonSetValue() and so on), for which there appear to be no direct
> >> equivalents in OpenSim.
> >>
> >> Is this something that's planned for the future?

John Hopkin

Re: LSL and Json?

Mic Bowman
And, to be clear, once the JsonStore functions are enabled you can write your scripts in LSL.

The JsonStore is much more than just a bunch of functions for parsing Json. The implementation is modeled after tuple space operations so sharing the store id between scripts enables inter-object communication using structured messages (with synchronization). We've used it for building task queues (e.g. for teaching parallel programming) and very large simulations (e.g our 10K object n-body simulation is based on the JsonStore functions).

--mic