Liquid mesh

Damean Paolino

I received a question today.. does opensim 0.8.1 support liquid mesh?  I’m not going to pretend that I know what that is or how it works, even in SL.  I just need to know if the feature is supported in OpenSim.

Thanks,

Karl

___________________________

Karl M. Dreyer Jr.

In World Avi : Damean Paolino

Island Oasis, LLC Co-Founder | CIO

http://www.islandoasis.biz

Notice: The contents of this email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for the individual or entity to whom it is addressed. The content of this email message is not to be disclosed, copied, distributed, or shared with any person(s) or entities without the express consent of the sender. This message contains confidential information and is intended only for the individual named.

Re: Liquid mesh

Dr Ramesh Ramloll

On Tue, Mar 31, 2015 at 7:03 PM, Damean Paolino <[hidden email]> wrote:

[...]

Rameshsharma Ramloll PhD, CEO CTO DeepSemaphore LLC, Affiliate Research Associate Professor, Idaho State University, Pocatello, ID 83209 Tel: 208-240-0040

Re: Liquid mesh

Chris M
I'm unsure of liquid mesh but I do know OS 0.8.1 supports fitted mesh. If i recall correctly liquid mesh was something like a "hack" before fitted mesh was introduce in order to make rigged mesh items more better conform to the avatar's shape but it has been obsoleted by fitted mesh now.

https://modemworld.wordpress.com/2013/08/26/liquid-mesh-looking-from-all-sides/

On 3/31/2015 6:03 PM, Damean Paolino wrote:

[...]

OpenSim: 10 Region Standalone on 0.8.1 Dev
Physics: Open Dynamics Engine
OS: Windows 7 (x64)
CPU: AMD FX 8320 8-Core 3.5 GHz
Memory: 16 GB DDR3
Database: MySQL 5.1.63 (x64)

Re: Liquid mesh

Damean Paolino

Awesome!  Thank you for your response.  Just for my clarification, is fitted mesh the same as rigged mesh?  I know we have several creators bringing in rigged mesh and we know that works just fine.

___________________________

Karl M. Dreyer Jr.

In World Avi : Damean Paolino

Island Oasis, LLC Co-Founder | CIO

http://www.islandoasis.biz

Notice: The contents of this email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for the individual or entity to whom it is addressed. The content of this email message is not to be disclosed, copied, distributed, or shared with any person(s) or entities without the express consent of the sender. This message contains confidential information and is intended only for the individual named.

Re: Liquid mesh

Mike Chase
Fitted Mesh is essentially Liquid Mesh with additional "bones" enabled for the Butt and Breasts.  It uses bones that represent collision volumes so that mesh rigged and weighted to those bones adjusts when the collision volume is made larger/smaller.

Support for this is pretty much client side. So there isn't anything really needed to support in OpenSim.  As long as you have a viewer that supports the additional collision bones and the rigged mesh item you upload has information to weight the mesh against them the client should do the right thing.

Mike

On 4/1/15 10:50 AM, Chris wrote:
[...]

Thank you very much.  I greatly appreciate all of the feedback.