Looking for Opensim experts

annakarlafti
Diva Distro installation services needed on our server. If anyone is interested pls send an email to annakarlafti@gmail.com.
offering from 100 to 250$

Thank you very much in advance.

Best Regards,

Anna Karlafti

(sorry if this is the wrong place but I cant find freelancers with opensim knowledge)

thanks again!

Re: Looking for Opensim experts

Lindy (McKeown) Orwin
Anna
There are lots of ads and directories for OpenSim support at
http://www.hypergridbusiness.com/

Lindy

On 9 March 2011 09:38, annakarlafti <[hidden email]> wrote:
Diva Distro installation services needed on our server. If anyone is
interested pls send an email to [hidden email].
offering from 100 to 250$

Thank you very much in advance.

Best Regards,

Anna Karlafti

(sorry if this is the wrong place but I cant find freelancers with opensim
knowledge)

thanks again!

Lindy McKeown
Skype Lindymac
Twitter Lindymac
Second Life and OpenSim GridsĀ  - Decka Mah
Cell: 360 536 5047 (USA)
Email: [hidden email]
Web: http://lindymckeown.com
Work: (Half Time) Project Officer - Collaboration and Virtual Worlds, Australian Digital Futures Institute, University of Southern Queensland, Australia
ISTE Membership Committee: International Member Representative.

Re: Looking for Opensim experts

Serendipity Seraph
To do what, precisely?

- s

On Mar 9, 2011, at 9:38 AM, annakarlafti wrote:

> Diva Distro installation services needed on our server. If anyone is
> interested pls send an email to [hidden email].
> offering from 100 to 250$
>
> Thank you very much in advance.
>
> Best Regards,
>
> Anna Karlafti
>
> (sorry if this is the wrong place but I cant find freelancers with opensim
> knowledge)
>

> thanks again!

Re: Looking for Opensim experts

annakarlafti
We need to create our own world...

It should have the option of adding custom avatars, registering from a website, have spatial voice, currency, and a couple more specific scripts such as football hud that can manage bets.

This will be www.mygreeklife.gr

Additionally to these we have 3 more websites which we want to give access to the main world.

What I mean is, that..when people register on one of those other 3 sites, they should be able to login to  the grid of www.mygreeklife.gr,  BUT ON SPECIFIC LOCATION (sim). There will be 4 sims initially, and each one will have a restriction so that people from one sim cannot go to the others... (one of them is going to be an adult sim, so we are also considering the option of keeping this one off limits and allowing the others to cross borders....

It's a good project and we are very interested in a skilled programmer to set it up for us. If you, or a friend of yours is up to the job...please let us know..we have a good budget for the whole package anda deadline of 2 months...

Re: Looking for Opensim experts

MariaKorolov
The OpenSim vendor directory is a great place to start:

http://www.hypergridbusiness.com/opensim-hosting-providers/

I would also recommend checking with Simon Gutteridge of PioneerX (also known as James Beejay).

His company has a grid management system which creates a web front end for your entire grid, allowing you to easily manage regions, users, even in-world currency.

Prices start at just 25 pounds a month per region (if they host it for you) and 25 pounds a month for the management suite. You can just get the management stuff, and host the regions on your own servers -- the management suite handles all the software upgrades and will even restart regions if they crash -- it checks to see how well they're behaving every five minutes.

I'm doing an article about them now and will be posting a lot more details at hypergridbusiness.com either today or tomorrow.

They're already running several grids, including Sim-World and Curiosity Grid (for educators).

Their website is here: http://www.pioneerx-estates.co.uk/
Contact Simon at: helpdesk@pioneerx.co.uk

Other folks to try include ReactionGrid -- very well known with educators and non-profits, SimHost -- comes very highly recommended, Dreamland Metaverse -- they have some Web-based tools, but not as complete a suite as PioneerX yet, and Talent Raspel.

I know that SimHost, Dreamland, and Talent Raspel do consulting as well. ReactionGrid sells a preconfigured version of OpenSim and will install and manage it for you.

-- Maria Korolov
Editor, Hypergrid Business