Looking for opensim client-region API

Serendipity Seraph-2
I haven't seen anything quite like that on opensimulator dev pages.  The reason I ask is that I am attempting to roughly scope out the shape/amount of work for a webgl client.   So a fairly concise statement of communication protocols between the two would be useful.

Any leads on the best place to find this or suss it out?  It isn't very appealing to wade through the source of and existing client or two.

Am I missing something?
-s

Re: Looking for opensim client-region API

Dahlia Trimble
I'm afraid you would need to become familiar with the source. IClientAPI is the interface in OpenSImulator which was intended for adding protocols for other clients, however it is very complex, very LL-client protocol specific, and is incomplete (in the sense that not all viewer communications use it).

Having written several clients and protocols from scratch, including a webgl client, I can say IClientAPI may not be your best choice for adding a protocol. I prefer to use the standard region module interface and just about everything needed for a protocol to support a single-region graphical client is available there. You would probably need to go beyond it a bit to support full grid-like behaviors such as region crossing and teleporting, grid presence and other services.