Mantis question

John Hopkin
If someone's flagged a Mantis as "resolved", but it appears not to be,
what's the correct procedure for a reporter?  Should I just add a
note, or create a new Mantis, or what?

Thanks in advance
--
John Hopkin

Re: Mantis question

Mike Mazur
Hi,

On Wed, Feb 11, 2009 at 9:57 AM, John Hopkin
<[hidden email]> wrote:
> If someone's flagged a Mantis as "resolved", but it appears not to be,
> what's the correct procedure for a reporter?  Should I just add a
> note, or create a new Mantis, or what?

You could change the status to "Feedback" and add a comment with more
information on why the issue is not resolved.

Thanks,
Mike

Re: Mantis question

John Hopkin
Mike Mazur wrote:

>Hi,
>
>On Wed, Feb 11, 2009 at 9:57 AM, John Hopkin
><[hidden email]> wrote:
>> If someone's flagged a Mantis as "resolved", but it appears not to be,
>> what's the correct procedure for a reporter?  Should I just add a
>> note, or create a new Mantis, or what?
>
>You could change the status to "Feedback" and add a comment with more
>information on why the issue is not resolved.

Thanks, Mike.

While there's a thread for simple Mantis questions, is there a way to
relate a given resolved problem to the SVN revision number it first
appears in?  Just the date/time of resolution against the date/time of
the compilation?
--
John Hopkin

Re: Mantis question

Mike Mazur
Hi,

On Wed, Feb 11, 2009 at 12:19 PM, John Hopkin
<[hidden email]> wrote:
> While there's a thread for simple Mantis questions, is there a way to
> relate a given resolved problem to the SVN revision number it first
> appears in?  Just the date/time of resolution against the date/time of
> the compilation?

There is a "SVN Revision" field can contain the revision in which the
problem exists. It may not necessarily be the revision which
introduced the issue, though.

Otherwise it's probably sufficient to put the revision number in the
problem description or a comment.

Thanks,
Mike

Re: Mantis question

Mike Mazur wrote:

> Hi,
>
> On Wed, Feb 11, 2009 at 9:57 AM, John Hopkin
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> If someone's flagged a Mantis as "resolved", but it appears not to be,
>> what's the correct procedure for a reporter?  Should I just add a
>> note, or create a new Mantis, or what?
>
> You could change the status to "Feedback" and add a comment with more
> information on why the issue is not resolved.

You can also simply reopen it to bring it back to new state.  The feedback state is usually used when developers need
more information on a submitted bug, as least according to

http://opensimulator.org/wiki/Bugs

I'll see if I can make this link a bit more prominent on the main bugs page.

Justin Clark-Casey
http://justincc.wordpress.com

Re: Mantis question

John Hopkin
Mike Mazur wrote:

>On Wed, Feb 11, 2009 at 12:19 PM, John Hopkin
><[hidden email]> wrote:
>> While there's a thread for simple Mantis questions, is there a way to
>> relate a given resolved problem to the SVN revision number it first
>> appears in?  Just the date/time of resolution against the date/time of
>> the compilation?
>
>There is a "SVN Revision" field can contain the revision in which the
>problem exists. It may not necessarily be the revision which
>introduced the issue, though.
>
>Otherwise it's probably sufficient to put the revision number in the
>problem description or a comment.

While that certainly gives the revision in which the problem appears,
something I try always to remember to include in my own reports, what
I'm really looking for here is whether resolved Mantis X has been
resolved in revision Y.  If that's not available it's not a big
problem, since I can just wait until I get a build after the revision
date (I prefer to stay slightly back from the "cutting edge" of the
trunk, in an effort to preserve some stability), but it would be nice
to know earlier.

Many thanks.
--
John Hopkin

Re: Mantis question

John Hopkin
Justin Clark-Casey wrote:

>Mike Mazur wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> On Wed, Feb 11, 2009 at 9:57 AM, John Hopkin
>> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>> If someone's flagged a Mantis as "resolved", but it appears not to be,
>>> what's the correct procedure for a reporter?  Should I just add a
>>> note, or create a new Mantis, or what?
>>
>> You could change the status to "Feedback" and add a comment with more
>> information on why the issue is not resolved.
>
>You can also simply reopen it to bring it back to new state.  The feedback state is usually used when developers need
>more information on a submitted bug, as least according to
>
>http://opensimulator.org/wiki/Bugs
>
>I'll see if I can make this link a bit more prominent on the main bugs page.

Thanks, Justin.  That answers my question.
--
John Hopkin