Manually set default login region?

Chris M
Hello all!

Is there a console command or setting to manually set which region a
user logs into if their previous logged in region can't be found?

I've looked through the help command and the config files but can't seem
to find any such option.

The reason I would like to do this is because in the event the previous
region can't be found, OpenSim sometimes picks a region that is running
that I've (purposefully) not opened to WAN (Or alternatively, the region
isn't public access by way of land/estate permission settings) then they
can't log in at all, and then it gives up. So I would like to redirect
them to a region that I know for a fact is open to WAN.

Thanks!

--
OpenSim: 10 Region Standalone on 0.8.1 Dev
Physics: Open Dynamics Engine

Re: Manually set default login region?

Asaff Belfer
Did you try to set a default region in robust.ini?

On Tue, Dec 4, 2018 at 4:54 AM Chris <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello all!
>
> Is there a console command or setting to manually set which region a
> user logs into if their previous logged in region can't be found?
>
> I've looked through the help command and the config files but can't seem
> to find any such option.
>
> The reason I would like to do this is because in the event the previous
> region can't be found, OpenSim sometimes picks a region that is running
> that I've (purposefully) not opened to WAN (Or alternatively, the region
> isn't public access by way of land/estate permission settings) then they
> can't log in at all, and then it gives up. So I would like to redirect
> them to a region that I know for a fact is open to WAN.
>
> Thanks!
>
> --
> OpenSim: 10 Region Standalone on 0.8.1 Dev
> Physics: Open Dynamics Engine
> OS: Windows 7 (x64)
> CPU: AMD FX 8320 8-Core 3.5 GHz
> Memory: 16 GB DDR3
> Database: MySQL 5.1.63 (x64)

Re: Manually set default login region?

Luisillo Contepomi
In [GridService] section insert:

Region_NameofYourRegion = "DefaultRegion, FallbackRegion"

If regions are started type in your robust console:
set region flags "NameofYourRegion" FallbackRegion

Regards
El mar., 4 dic. 2018 a las 3:54, Chris (<[hidden email]>) escribió:

> Hello all!
>
> Is there a console command or setting to manually set which region a
> user logs into if their previous logged in region can't be found?
>
> I've looked through the help command and the config files but can't seem
> to find any such option.
>
> The reason I would like to do this is because in the event the previous
> region can't be found, OpenSim sometimes picks a region that is running
> that I've (purposefully) not opened to WAN (Or alternatively, the region
> isn't public access by way of land/estate permission settings) then they
> can't log in at all, and then it gives up. So I would like to redirect
> them to a region that I know for a fact is open to WAN.
>
> Thanks!
>
> --
> OpenSim: 10 Region Standalone on 0.8.1 Dev
> Physics: Open Dynamics Engine
> OS: Windows 7 (x64)
> CPU: AMD FX 8320 8-Core 3.5 GHz
> Memory: 16 GB DDR3
> Database: MySQL 5.1.63 (x64)

Re: Manually set default login region?

Luisillo Contepomi
THe same in standalone type Region_NameofYourRegion = "DefaultRegion,
FallbackRegion" in region console
El mar., 4 dic. 2018 a las 11:26, Luisillo Contepomi
(<[hidden email]>) escribió:

> In [GridService] section insert:
>
> Region_NameofYourRegion = "DefaultRegion, FallbackRegion"
>
> If regions are started type in your robust console:
> set region flags "NameofYourRegion" FallbackRegion
>
> Regards
> El mar., 4 dic. 2018 a las 3:54, Chris (<[hidden email]>) escribió:
> >
> > Hello all!
> >
> > Is there a console command or setting to manually set which region a
> > user logs into if their previous logged in region can't be found?
> >
> > I've looked through the help command and the config files but can't seem
> > to find any such option.
> >
> > The reason I would like to do this is because in the event the previous
> > region can't be found, OpenSim sometimes picks a region that is running
> > that I've (purposefully) not opened to WAN (Or alternatively, the region
> > isn't public access by way of land/estate permission settings) then they
> > can't log in at all, and then it gives up. So I would like to redirect
> > them to a region that I know for a fact is open to WAN.
> >
> > Thanks!
> >
> > --
> > OpenSim: 10 Region Standalone on 0.8.1 Dev
> > Physics: Open Dynamics Engine
> > OS: Windows 7 (x64)
> > CPU: AMD FX 8320 8-Core 3.5 GHz
> > Memory: 16 GB DDR3
> > Database: MySQL 5.1.63 (x64)

Re: Manually set default login region?

Luisillo Contepomi
Sample from the region console:
Region (StandaloneS) #set region flags "StandaloneS" FallbackRegion
Set region StandaloneS to FallbackRegion, RegionOnline
Region (StandaloneS) # show regions
Name                  ID                                    Position     Size
      Port   Ready?  Estate
StandaloneS           99999999-918b-489a-aaf6-111111111222  1020,999     1024x10
24    9999   Yes     TsunadeLand

Name                  ID                                    Position     Size
      Flags
StandaloneS           99999999-918b-489a-aaf6-111111111222  1020,999     1024x10
24    FallbackRegion, RegionOnline
El mar., 4 dic. 2018 a las 3:54, Chris (<[hidden email]>) escribió:

> Hello all!
>
> Is there a console command or setting to manually set which region a
> user logs into if their previous logged in region can't be found?
>
> I've looked through the help command and the config files but can't seem
> to find any such option.
>
> The reason I would like to do this is because in the event the previous
> region can't be found, OpenSim sometimes picks a region that is running
> that I've (purposefully) not opened to WAN (Or alternatively, the region
> isn't public access by way of land/estate permission settings) then they
> can't log in at all, and then it gives up. So I would like to redirect
> them to a region that I know for a fact is open to WAN.
>
> Thanks!
>
> --
> OpenSim: 10 Region Standalone on 0.8.1 Dev
> Physics: Open Dynamics Engine
> OS: Windows 7 (x64)
> CPU: AMD FX 8320 8-Core 3.5 GHz
> Memory: 16 GB DDR3
> Database: MySQL 5.1.63 (x64)

Re: Manually set default login region?

Luisillo Contepomi
For fixit in configuration :
edit /config-include/StandaloneCommon.ini

[GridService]

    Region_NameOfYourRegion = "DefaultRegion, FallbackRegion"