Quantcast

Many error reports in the console

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
4 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Many error reports in the console

Isis Ophelia
I keep seeing red and yellow errors in the console, but can't understand what it means and how I can fix the problem. They are related to failing to decode meshes. I'd like to find out, if these errors are the reason why when I saved an oar some mesh pieces did not save. When others uploaded it to their grid, these meshes were missing.

Attaching the Opensim.Log file from when I start the system until it has enabled logins.
It is a Standalone hosted in my Windows 10 PC. I hope, that experienced users can help me find out what is going on.

Thanks in advance for taking the time to read the log and for your advices.

Isis Ophelia

_______________________________________________
Opensim-users mailing list
[hidden email]
http://opensimulator.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/opensim-users

errors opensimlog.txt (74K) Download Attachment
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Many error reports in the console

Melanie
Hi,

On 20/03/2017 13:39, Isis Ophelia wrote:
> 2017-03-20 14:18:00,903 INFO  - OpenSim.Application [OPENSIM MAIN]: System Locale is de-DE
OpenSim has sometimes had problems when this is not en-US.

Also, you have a large number of actually broken meshes. You may see
them correctly, or they may be collision (physics) meshes, but
they're broken, and broken on an asset level.

Mesh assets, due to their size, are always gzipped. The gunzip
already fails, which indicates that the actual asset has been
damaged. The number of messages is so high because the Warp3D
maptile generator will look at every mesh to determine how to render
it. During that phase, most of the errors are printed.

- Melanie

_______________________________________________
Opensim-users mailing list
[hidden email]
http://opensimulator.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/opensim-users
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Many error reports in the console

Isis Ophelia
Thank you Melanie. The meshes are pieces that I have picked up in different HG grids.

I have packed this oar to share with the Metaverse. 20% are prims, 30% are sculpts and 50% are mesh objects. Who loaded the oar received and sees fine 99% of the whole items. Except a mesh vulcano with cave and the rocks entrance, which my system appears to have skipped in the oar. I say "appears" because when I load the oar into my other Diva Standalone (same PC), this vulcano is there.

You say, that the assets are broken. Can I fix those broken assets and if yes, how please?

On Mon, Mar 20, 2017 at 2:52 PM, Melanie Thielker <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi,

On 20/03/2017 13:39, Isis Ophelia wrote:
> 2017-03-20 14:18:00,903 INFO  - OpenSim.Application [OPENSIM MAIN]: System Locale is de-DE
OpenSim has sometimes had problems when this is not en-US.

Also, you have a large number of actually broken meshes. You may see
them correctly, or they may be collision (physics) meshes, but
they're broken, and broken on an asset level.

Mesh assets, due to their size, are always gzipped. The gunzip
already fails, which indicates that the actual asset has been
damaged. The number of messages is so high because the Warp3D
maptile generator will look at every mesh to determine how to render
it. During that phase, most of the errors are printed.

- Melanie

_______________________________________________
Opensim-users mailing list
[hidden email]
http://opensimulator.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/opensim-users


_______________________________________________
Opensim-users mailing list
[hidden email]
http://opensimulator.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/opensim-users
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Many error reports in the console

Isis Ophelia
Closing this issue, but not before I pass some information.

Hours of testing later, with the help of Leighton Majoran (thanks so much Leighton), we know this

a) the oar loads fine including the mesh vulcano + cave in version 0.8.2.1
b) the oar does not load the mesh vulcano in version 0.9r (the reason is beyond my knowledge)

Last note. Now that I know what the red lines mean (thanks Melanie Tielker für answering) I think the mesh pieces travelled to my grid with missing assets, either not transfered thorugh the hypergrid, or had before missing assets. And nothing I should worry in the future as I assume I will be often getting HG items with broken assets.



On Mon, Mar 20, 2017 at 3:22 PM, Isis Ophelia <[hidden email]> wrote:
Thank you Melanie. The meshes are pieces that I have picked up in different HG grids.

I have packed this oar to share with the Metaverse. 20% are prims, 30% are sculpts and 50% are mesh objects. Who loaded the oar received and sees fine 99% of the whole items. Except a mesh vulcano with cave and the rocks entrance, which my system appears to have skipped in the oar. I say "appears" because when I load the oar into my other Diva Standalone (same PC), this vulcano is there.

You say, that the assets are broken. Can I fix those broken assets and if yes, how please?

On Mon, Mar 20, 2017 at 2:52 PM, Melanie Thielker <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi,

On 20/03/2017 13:39, Isis Ophelia wrote:
> 2017-03-20 14:18:00,903 INFO  - OpenSim.Application [OPENSIM MAIN]: System Locale is de-DE
OpenSim has sometimes had problems when this is not en-US.

Also, you have a large number of actually broken meshes. You may see
them correctly, or they may be collision (physics) meshes, but
they're broken, and broken on an asset level.

Mesh assets, due to their size, are always gzipped. The gunzip
already fails, which indicates that the actual asset has been
damaged. The number of messages is so high because the Warp3D
maptile generator will look at every mesh to determine how to render
it. During that phase, most of the errors are printed.

- Melanie

_______________________________________________
Opensim-users mailing list
[hidden email]
http://opensimulator.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/opensim-users



_______________________________________________
Opensim-users mailing list
[hidden email]
http://opensimulator.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/opensim-users
Loading...