Media on a Prim MOAP Question

drwhiet@spacefriends.de
Media on a Prim MOAP Question

Dear all,

mayby i asked it before (can not find any reference for it) but is there a possibility
to display a Webpage via MOAP (Media on a Prim) by script without a touch on the prims face ?

When i set the Webpage manually on the Prim (and touch it) it works. I found out that this script snippet
works, BUT ONLY after i clicked the specific face of the prim.

default
{
state_entry()
{
integer status;
status = llSetPrimMediaParams(2, [
PRIM_MEDIA_CONTROLS, PRIM_MEDIA_CONTROLS_STANDARD,
PRIM_MEDIA_CURRENT_URL, "
http://opensimulator.org/wiki/Media_On_A_Prim",
PRIM_MEDIA_HOME_URL, "
http://opensimulator.org/wiki/Media_On_A_Prim",
PRIM_MEDIA_AUTO_PLAY, TRUE,
PRIM_MEDIA_AUTO_LOOP, TRUE
//PRIM_MEDIA_FIRST_CLICK_INTERACT, TRUE
]);
}

}

Even when setting PRIM_MEDIA_FIRST_CLICK_INTERACT, FALSE it needs a touch to the prims face (in this case face 2) to display the webpage.

(As of the SL Wiki http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/LlSetPrimMediaParams PRIM_MEDIA_FIRST_CLICK_INTERACT the flag does not appear to work)

Also PRIM_MEDIA_AUTO_PLAY, TRUE and PRIM_MEDIA_AUTO_LOOP, TRUE does not make any difference.
Anything i missed ? Any help would be appreciated !

best regards,
Wordfromthe Wise

[repost as in opensim.dev nobody answered]

Re: Media on a Prim MOAP Question

James Hughes
On 10/24/2013 01:02 PM, drWhiet wrote:

> Dear all,
>
> mayby i asked it before (can not find any reference for it) but is there
> a possibility
> to display a Webpage via MOAP (Media on a Prim) by script without a
> touch on the prims face ?
>
> When i set the Webpage manually on the Prim (and touch it) it works. I
> found out that this script snippet
> works, BUT ONLY after i clicked the specific face of the prim.
>
> default
> {
> state_entry()
> {
> integer status;
> status = llSetPrimMediaParams(2, [
> PRIM_MEDIA_CONTROLS, PRIM_MEDIA_CONTROLS_STANDARD,
> PRIM_MEDIA_CURRENT_URL, "_http://opensimulator.org/wiki/Media_On_A_Prim_",
> PRIM_MEDIA_HOME_URL, "_http://opensimulator.org/wiki/Media_On_A_Prim_",
> PRIM_MEDIA_AUTO_PLAY, TRUE,
> PRIM_MEDIA_AUTO_LOOP, TRUE
> //PRIM_MEDIA_FIRST_CLICK_INTERACT, TRUE
> ]);
> }
>
> }
>
> Even when setting PRIM_MEDIA_FIRST_CLICK_INTERACT, FALSE it needs a
> touch to the prims face (in this case face 2) to display the webpage.
>
> (As of the SL Wiki
> _http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/LlSetPrimMediaParams_PRIM_MEDIA_FIRST_CLICK_INTERACT
> the flag does not appear to work)
>
> Also PRIM_MEDIA_AUTO_PLAY, TRUE and PRIM_MEDIA_AUTO_LOOP, TRUE does not
> make any difference.
> Anything i missed ? Any help would be appreciated !
>
> best regards,
> Wordfromthe Wise
>
> [repost as in opensim.dev nobody answered]

See if the PRIM_MEDIA_PERM_ANYONE will make it work. I have this in an
object's script...

llSetPrimMediaParams( 1, [
                 PRIM_MEDIA_CURRENT_URL, url,
                 PRIM_MEDIA_AUTO_PLAY, TRUE,
                 PRIM_MEDIA_AUTO_SCALE, TRUE,
                 PRIM_MEDIA_PERMS_INTERACT,
                 PRIM_MEDIA_PERM_ANYONE,
                 PRIM_MEDIA_AUTO_ZOOM,TRUE,
                 PRIM_MEDIA_HOME_URL, url
                 ]);

Re: Media on a Prim MOAP Question

CiderJack
I believe this is a viewer setting issue. Not sure if a script will
help, but it might override local viewer settings?

For example in Singularity, I need to have Edit > Preferences > Audio &
Video > Automatically Play Prim Media checked in order for the web page
assigned to load up automatically (I haven't tried it with a script).
Makes it a pain if you have many textures loading via http, because it
means they don't necessarily show up for people if they don't click on
the surfaces. Would be nice if viewers had that option set by default,
but that doesn't seem to be the case.

Good luck,
~!CJ