Media on a Prim - many video/audio streams leak across plot and even region boundaries

Media on a Prim - many video/audio streams leak across plot and even region boundaries

aiaustin
This is really a general Media on a prim query... rather  than being
OpenSim specific, so please excuse the use our of mailing list
here... but I thought I would check what the experience of others
here in the OpenSim community is... as it seems to be a real problem...

We have noticed that on our Virtual University of Edinburgh regions
in Second Life and OpenSim where many students set up MOAP screens in
gallery spaces for their projects that the media playing (often
YouTube videos, etc) appears in the "playing" list in viewers and we
get perhaps 30 to 40 ites in that list which seem to fight to play...
These leak across into adjacent plots even when play sounds and so on
are limite dto the plots.  But we even notice it can leak across
REGION boundaries in Second Life which seems odd.  It seems that a
plot owner cannot control sound coming INTO their plor or region.

Anyone else noticed this or seen on-line discussion of the best fixes?