I run apache as well, and have for years. It works for me. I tested it
and tried to see my own site, in world and it appeared just fine but,
not until after I corrected one mistake I made. I also run AVG Virus
protection. I was visiting some friends, who have not yet joined me in
my grid. One of those friends was trying to show a video on SL when my
AVG popped up with a virus detected warning, saying it wanted to protect
my identity. I was in a hurry and wanted that warning out of my way so
I could watch and said, "YES" protect me. Then the video stopped
working at all.
I assumed it was just another SL glitch, and in a couple of moments
after, no movie for me, the others finished watching it anyways. When I
logged out of SL the window was still behind Firestorm. The window
said, it couldn't move the file, that turned out to be SLPlugin.exe to
my virus vault until I rebooted. I logged out and rebooted and it seemed
like all was fine. Oh but it wasn't. Media for Youtube used to work on
my prim but now it didn't. I then made the connection. I restored
SLPlugin.exe from the virus vault and well, now my Youtube worked and so
did putting in my own web site and I could see it on the prim.
So what I am asking is are you running a virus program that is trying to
protect your identity and placed SLPlugin.exe in some kind of space
where you can no longer access it?
Trying to help,
On 5/23/2013 3:49 AM, joduh111 . wrote:
> Im running apache server on the same server as my opensim server
> Whenever I use the local ip in my browser i.e. http://192.168.123.3 it
> shows the default hello message
> when I use that same url as media on a prime inside my virtual world,
> it doesn't work?
> does that mean that i've to assign it as an external ip and media on a
> prim won't work on internal ips?
> Opensim-users mailing list
> [hidden email] > https://lists.berlios.de/mailman/listinfo/opensim-users
Opensim User: In Gridmode on Version 0.7.4. Nine Instances with 56 Regions. on Windows 7, 64-bit. Phenom 9500 2.2 GHz Quad Core, Terabyte Hard Drive, 8gig DDR2 RAM. Used XAMPP to load PHP Version 5.3.0, Apache
and MySQL 5.1.41-community edition. Groups, Profiles, Vivox Voice and
Offline Messages all working. (Not yet Public, 10 user accounts so far).
Network-wise viewing a page in your browser should normally be exactly the same as viewing a page that's shown on a prim an OpenSim viewer on the same computer.
Media on a prim has lots of little quirks, so the problem might be somewhere else.
The first thing to check would be to look at your Apache server access logs and see if there are any requests coming from your viewer. You should be able to tell by the user agent string - if not, tweak the URL you display in the viewer.
If something is getting through, you can rule out network issues.
If you're getting HEAD requests but no GET requests, the network connection is OK but the client is taking exception to something in your setup. (For example, I once foolishly made a site with an underscore in the subdomain name, which is technically illegal but a lot of viewers will allow it, so it showed in my browser but the viewer refused to fetch it.)
If you're getting GET requests coming through from the client, it may just be that the content isn't getting displayed the way you expect, so try tweaking the content of the page you're displaying.