Min and Max X,Y location

Huan Dau-2
Hi all

I created some regions whit Location =0,0 and Location = 1,1 Location = 100,100 Location = 900,900 and run on Standalone mode. but can not login.
I can login Location = 1000,1000

Pls tell me on Opensim Minimum and Maximum Location X,Y can use?

Thank so much.

--
Dau Huan

Re: Min and Max X,Y location

Richard Taft
did you remember to use a different port number for each region.  The default is 9000 in stand alone...  You will need to use 9001... 9002.... 9003...  for the other regions.   Also remember to open up those ports on your firewall & update your Port Forwarding on your router.

Re: [Opensim-dev] Min and Max X,Y location

Stefan Andersson-3

You also need to make sure your default and default is set correctly; otherwise the grid service is sending you to a non-existing location, even if its in standalone.

/Stefan

Re: Min and Max X,Y location

Huan
Hi Reard Taft
 thank you. I want to know, may I use location X,Y=0,0 for my beginning region, I know OS use 9000 port for default.

I created only one region as below:
[2]
RegionUUID = 0d0e6e67-f975-4ad9-b0d6-7f58af5eee25
Location = 0,0
InternalAddress = 127.0.0.1
InternalPort = 9000
AllowAlternatePorts = False
ExternalHostName = SYSTEMIP
MasterAvatarFirstName = huan
MasterAvatarLastName = dau
MasterAvatarSandboxPassword = dauhuan

OS startup Ok but i can not login, I changed Location x,y = 1,2 anh x,y=100,100 bus also can not login

and how can you tell me Total regions I can create on OS run in Stand lone, HyperGrid and Grid mode?
assumptions as enough memory to store them.

best regards.

Huan

On Thu, Oct 8, 2009 at 11:53 PM, Richard Taft <[hidden email]> wrote:
did you remember to use a different port number for each region.  The default is 9000 in stand alone...  You will need to use 9001... 9002.... 9003...  for the other regions.   Also remember to open up those ports on your firewall & update your Port Forwarding on your router.

Re: Min and Max X,Y location

Benjamin Smekens
Hello Huan,

Maybe you did but... did you actually create that user on the stand-alone console or did you just fill in these credentials in the RegionConfig.ini. In order for you to login you got to enter 'create user' on the console and make the user with those credentials. Could not be your problem at all but since you say that you have difficulties authenticating, I would first make sure the user exists :-)

ps. It would also help if you gave us the actual error your viewer is giving you, or the behaviour of your viewer(i.e. does it time-out, does it give an error message, etc...)

Regards,

Ben

On Fri, Oct 9, 2009 at 2:25 PM, Huan Dau <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Karen_Palen
Just to be VERY clear, the PORT needs to be unique to the region (suggested 9000, 9001, 900x etc.

AND the grid coordinates need to be unique and "somewhere" close e.g 1000X , 1000Y ; 1001X, 1000Y; 1000X, 1001Y etc.

I THINK my wiki writeup says that, but if it doesn't then please update it to include YOUR understanding of what works!

Karen

>  thank you. I want to know, may I use location X,Y=0,0 for
> my beginning region, I know OS use 9000 port for default.
>
> I created only one region as below:
> [2]
> RegionUUID = 0d0e6e67-f975-4ad9-b0d6-7f58af5eee25
>
> Location = 0,0
> InternalAddress = 127.0.0.1
> InternalPort = 9000
> AllowAlternatePorts = False
> ExternalHostName = SYSTEMIP
> MasterAvatarFirstName = huan
> MasterAvatarLastName = dau
> MasterAvatarSandboxPassword = dauhuan
>

> OS startup Ok but i can not login, I changed Location x,y =
> 1,2 anh x,y=100,100 bus also can not login
>
> and how can you tell me Total regions I can create on OS
> run in Stand lone, HyperGrid and Grid mode?
>
> assumptions as enough memory to store them.
>
> best regards.
>
> Huan
>

> On Thu, Oct 8, 2009 at 11:53 PM,
> Richard Taft <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>
> did
> you remember to use a different port number for each
> region.  The default is 9000 in stand alone...  You will
> need to use 9001... 9002.... 9003...  for the other
> regions.   Also remember to open up those ports on your
> firewall & update your Port Forwarding on your router.
>

> From:
> Huan Dau <[hidden email]>

you can, but remember that 0,0 is VERY far away from 1000,1000 so you will not be able to see them both on the same world map...  try putting them close together....   like 1000,1000 & 1000,1001 will put the second region above the first.   0,0 is in the lower left corner of the grid.....

You say you can't log in....  where is it failing....   is it accepting your password and just sitting there...  or is it getting to 'Region Handshake" and hanging.   if its the second one that may have to do with the IP addresses you used.  are you running the client on the same machine that OpenSim is running on?

Rich