Quantcast

Minor release announcement: OpenSimulator 0.8.2.1

Minor release announcement: OpenSimulator 0.8.2.1

Diva Canto
Hi everyone,

We packaged a new release off the 0.8.2 branch with a minor fix for
future-proofing and a few dll upgrades. The download buttons in the
project's front page have been updated to point to these new packages.

Release notes:
http://opensimulator.org/wiki/0.8.2.1_Release

Releases:
http://dist.opensimulator.org/

Best,
Diva

Re: Minor release announcement: OpenSimulator 0.8.2.1

Oren Hurvitz
I don't see a new branch in Git. Is this build from the 0.8.2-post-fixes branch? That branch's last commit was on Nov 16 ("Flip flavour to release").

On Wed, Dec 9, 2015 at 11:58 PM, Diva Canto <[hidden email]> wrote:
Yes, precisely.

On 12/9/2015 1:39 PM, Unadecal Arado wrote:
Thank you for this release Diva. Does the mono dll upgrades include a fix for the mono addins on windows, which seemed to be calling .net 3.5 routines?

On 9 December 2015 at 19:41, Diva Canto <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi everyone,

We packaged a new release off the 0.8.2 branch with a minor fix for future-proofing and a few dll upgrades. The download buttons in the project's front page have been updated to point to these new packages.

Release notes:
http://opensimulator.org/wiki/0.8.2.1_Release

Releases:
http://dist.opensimulator.org/

Best,
Diva

Oren Hurvitz
VP R&D
Kitely Ltd.

Email: [hidden email][hidden email]

Re: Minor release announcement: OpenSimulator 0.8.2.1

Unadecal Arado
I am still unable to to follow the new instructions to install Wifi for grids. MAUTIL still abends with the following error:

C:\Opensim\opensim-0.8.2.1\bin>mautil.exe -reg c:\opensim\addins-registry reg-update
ERROR: Add-in scan operation failed. The runtime may have encountered an error w
hile trying to load an assembly.
ERROR: Add-in scan operation failed (Could not load file or assembly 'file:///C:
\Opensim\opensim-0.8.2.1\bin\Mono.Addins.dll' or one of its dependencies. Operat
ion is not supported. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131515))
ERROR: The add-in database could not be updated. It may be due to file corruptio
n. Try running the setup repair utility

C:\Opensim\opensim-0.8.2.1\bin>